UConn/D'Amelio NIL Collective Officially Launched | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn/D'Amelio NIL Collective Officially Launched

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can drive the length of the entire state in less than two hours. There isn’t a part of the state that exists outside of the sphere of the state university’s influence and there is no population in the state that has somehow pledged fealty to another state.

The folks making broad, sweeping statements about how one part of your dinky-ass state somehow considers themselves part of another state look stupid. I admire their tenacity in trying to look stupid, but they should stop.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You can drive the length of the entire state in less than two hours. There isn’t a part of the state that exists outside of the sphere of the state university’s influence and there is no population in the state that has somehow pledged fealty to another state.

The folks making broad, sweeping statements about how one part of your dinky-ass state somehow considers themselves part of another state look stupid. I admire their tenacity in trying to look stupid, but they should stop.
Agreed, but where does “upstate” New York begin in your opinion?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My guess is anywhere north of the best sandwich I have ever eaten. This place. Poughkeepsie, shockingly. Slightly sketchy area.

Funny that was one of two choices my daughter and I narrowed down to when we were touring Marist a few weeks ago. We went with a place that was closer because we were starved, but I sensed that this place was better.

Hopefully we will be back.

Reaction Score
Funny that was one of two choices my daughter and I narrowed down to when we were touring Marist a few weeks ago. We went with a place that was closer because we were starved, but I sensed that this place was better.

I really hope you do. I have never seen such painstaking care taken in making a sandwich, and with just spectacular ingredients.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Albany is where I’d start to consider someone upstate
That’s what has always made the most sense to me, but I’ve been told I don’t know what I’m talking about.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

My daughter graduated from Marist, a biology major. When she attended grad school to become a PA, she said she was the most prepared person in her class. All her friends are successful too

Great school, underrated IMO

Lots of great restaurant choices up and down Route 9.

PS: Upstate NY begins with Westchester County :)

Reaction Score
Wrong.

Thanks for your efforts to spread a misinformed (incorrect) clown take on the Boneyard. Try four year degrees in NINE majors and three graduate degrees.

UConn-Stamford has become a major player in entrepreneurship and incubating small businesses. Not to mention its role in feeding talent to all of the media companies - digital, linear, cable - that have replaced the financial services sector as the most dominant industry in the area.
Is there any place online where we can find a breakdown of enrollment at each branch? Would be interested in finding out which is the biggest one.

Reaction Score
Is there any place online where we can find a breakdown of enrollment at each branch? Would be interested in finding out which is the biggest one.
2020-
18,917 Undergraduate at Main Campus
5,454 Undergraduate at Regional Campuses

also - In addition to the approximately 3,900 first-year students expected to enroll at Storrs for fall 2022, UConn forecasts about 1,625 at the regional campuses: Stamford (650), Hartford (550), Waterbury (225), and Avery Point (200).

Reaction Score
2020-
18,917 Undergraduate at Main Campus
5,454 Undergraduate at Regional Campuses

also - In addition to the approximately 3,900 first-year students expected to enroll at Storrs for fall 2022, UConn forecasts about 1,625 at the regional campuses: Stamford (650), Hartford (550), Waterbury (225), and Avery Point (200).
This UConn site lays out undergrad enrollment by campus for all years (not just first year students):

Stamford: 2,250+
Hartford: 1,650+
Waterbury: 830+
Avery Point: 540+

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My daughter graduated from Marist, a biology major. When she attended grad school to become a PA, she said she was the most prepared person in her class. All her friends are successful too

Great school, underrated IMO

Lots of great restaurant choices up and down Route 9.

PS: Upstate NY begins with Westchester County :)
Great to hear. Thanks.

She’s the one you met, and to whom you were kind enough to gift one of the two tickets you gave me in the Bahamas.

I will be sure to let her know.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope someone else is old enough to remember that. Great movie.

Reaction Score
The fact that people really have skin in the game here defending/attacking Fairfield County is wild. I can honestly say I have never thought about whether it is "a part of CT" other than when I appled for jobs and figured it was close enough to family I should apply.

Born and raised in CT for 35 years and the only place I've seen this discussion is on the Boneyard.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Albany is where I’d start to consider someone upstate
Funny my daughter has a store in Kingston which she named Upstate Capital Market. She recently renamed it Capital Vintage as she didn’t like the whole upstate vibe.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed, but where does “upstate” New York begin in your opinion?

There’s no real set point.

For people in the city, it’s probably 287. For Westchester people, it’s 84. For us, it’s 90.

But there’s also western New York and the Southern Tier, so ‘upstate New York’ might really just be the Adirondack State Park.

Reaction Score
Fairfield county might as well be a different state. They consider themselves NY not New Haven or Hartford. They actually refer to anywhere in CT not in Fairfield county as “the upstate” and think it’s all back country. They don’t have any association with UConn unfortunately. Obviously a few exceptions, such as Marc, but overall it is not UConn country, sad to say.
Queue 10 page argument...

Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom