UCONN-Creighton Post game thread | The Boneyard

UCONN-Creighton Post game thread

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If I told you UCONN was only going to commit 7 turnovers vs. Creighton, you'd probably think we'd win handily. Not so much. Creighton was on fire from 3. Welcome back Carol! Ice water in her veins. Happy to escape with a win.

Crazy comeback. Gutsy performance. But I think we can expect more of this the rest of the season. Even with Carol back, we saw no one else off the bench. Lou was the MVP of the game, but Carol is my bad-ass of the game!!

I feel sorry for any of the older fans with heart conditions. This team is causing many pulses to race and hearts to practically stop LOL.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Creighton game:
  • UNBELIEVABLY GUTSY WIN!!! :cool:
  • Unlike the last game in Omaha, Creighton came to play tonight, and the Bluejays gave the Huskies all they wanted. Creighton shot it much better from the arc, swarmed UConn’s Bigs in the paint and battled UConn on the boards.
  • Unless and until UConn can field a team with better shooting, enabling the Huskies to spread the floor on offense, this is exactly how every other opponent will play UConn for the rest of the season.
  • Getting Caroline back feels as if it should be a really BIG deal for the Huskies. She was somewhat rusty, to be sure, but she finished strong and will get better each and every game she plays.
  • Lou looked much sharper tonight then she has in prior games. But like many of her teammates, she’s banged up and hanging in there the best she can with few options available to give her a break.
  • Stat of the game: UConn was +32 rebounding the first time these teams met. Tonight UConn was -8.........:(
  • Geno's postgame characterization of Caroline: "She's one tough mother!" :)
  • It's been many years since UConn was not favored in a conference matchup. The Huskies could be an underdog Saturday at Villanova. Time for an upset! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn’t catch the first half but hey a win is a win. I’m proud of the team, they figured it out in the end and picked up the win. Good foul in the end by AE, otherwise it would have been a wide open layup. Timely make by Lou! Happy to have CD back. Onto the next, hopefully this gets them going a little.

Reaction Score
I joined the chat after the 1st half and suddenly UConn went down. As soon as I left the chat, UConn started playing better and eventually won. So I'm apologizing to the team for accidentally putting the whammy on them. :eek:

CD played great and was clutch. For all those questioning why she was playing over some other bench players, this is why. She is a fighter. It was awesome to see her finally back and getting some crucial buckets.

The TOs were finally down, but the rest of the game wasn't quite so great. If only we could be clicking on all cylinders ... crossing my fingers as March looms.

Lou with the PIVOTAL charging foul drawn against Creighton. That was outstanding.

I could complain a lot about this game, but I'll take the W and move on. Credit to Creighton, they played very well and made some big 3s.

Reaction Score
When Morgan Molly made the three to put Creighton ahead 60-58, I had one thought, "Morgan Molly is so fun to watch"

Reaction Score
1676512930771.png
With Ducharme back, plus Geno, they had 10 for a full practice today and Geno was totally psyched about the future. After tonight just 98 more baybee.:)

Reaction Score
This team has sorely missed having a 6th scorer. Having the ability to change up the look and feel on the court with a sub has been missed. Shoutout to Ducharme for stepping up. I’ve always said she falls in the category of players not afraid of the big shots. She showed that once again.

Excited for her to shake off the rust, her coming back should really help. Not a pretty win but nice to see the team dig deep and pull it out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom