UConn chicks vs Seton Hall | The Boneyard

UConn chicks vs Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seton Hall just called a time out at 8:55.

They're down 30-2.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
At least SH is shooting better than FDU did in the first half versus us.

Reaction Score
I think the officials were in the holiday spirit and offered Seton Hall some handouts. The Pirates got up to 21 first half points, thanks to 14-16 free throw shooting to go with their three baskets.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Hall just went on a 19-12 run to close out the half. The game could be a battle of runs.

Reaction Score
I respect what the women have done but God it is hard to take the whole enterprise seriously when frequently the competition is like Seton Hall. I've been following haphazardly since the mid 90s and I thought there would be much more parity now than there is still some 15 years later.

Reaction Score
I respect what the women have done but God it is hard to take the whole enterprise seriously when frequently the competition is like Seton Hall. I've been following haphazardly since the mid 90s and I thought there would be much more parity now than there is still some 15 years later.

Can't watch a womens game unless it's a Top 5 showdown - it's awful how little parity there is now!!

Reaction Score
Geno is really on a roll, recruiting at an incredibly high level right now. He's just graduated one of the best women's players ever in Maya, has the #1 high school player as a freshman, has the #1 high school senior signed (who he compared to Kevin Garnett), and is zeroing in on a top high school junior. On the men's side, it would be like Calipari holding onto his blue chips for four years, and getting them to all play together selflessly.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The CPTV pitch guy was almost at a loss for words saying things like..."Remember, we never leave these games early to show you National Geographic." and "Will be able to pay the bills tonight? Its up to you."

Tough one.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The CPTV pitch guy was almost at a loss for words saying things like..."Remember, we never leave these games early to show you National Geographic." and "Will be able to pay the bills tonight? Its up to you."

Tough one.
It's long been a mystery to me how CPTV can keep trolling the same old ladies every game for donations. My wife is a big fan, so I'm forced to watch many fundraising appeals to make their $10,000 per game during total blowouts.

Reaction Score
It's hard to watch the women when the game is UConn 55 and the opponent 10. Especially on CPTV where at each TO they dunn you for money. The Texas A & M game on ESPN 2 was more tolerable even though UConn killed A & M.
The Baylor game should be good because one of the ESPN channels will air it.
I cannot understand why UConn's women cannot land a regular TV station and spare us these windbags selling a $10 sweatshirt for a $250 pledge. The ladies should be able to stand on their own.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The problem isn't so much with the overall competition between most teams. The problem is that the very top, say 6-10 - teams are so much better that when they play anyone but each other, the games are ugly. When the non-top teams play each other, the games are competitive, but the skill level is several cuts below what a team like UConn has to offer. And hardly anyone but close family and friends and building janitors show up to watch.

Reaction Score
Uconn cheerleaders are beating on SH?? Wow. They ARE good for somethjing this year.

Reaction Score

Tough one.
I'd love to see some of those CPTV pitch guys and gals open their own wallets and purses on the air.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reading the title I thought this was about coeds. :)

Geno is an incredible coach and he and Daley are the equivalent of JC and Blaney.
Geno is John Wooden. He only has competition from a handful of coaches in getting the best recruits and after the first thirty best recruits their is a significant drop in talent, similar to men's bb around Wooden's time.

So the chances of him not getting into the final four are very slim.

But give credit to the man. He made the program. He insists on perfection and is very demanding. His style is totally different than JC but they both insist on players developing into their potential and they both hate mistakes. It is incredible that the program has gone from less than 100 spectators to where it is now since he took over coaching. The broadcasting of the games is on a bid system and there is competition to broadcast the games.

It is a shame there are not more competitive teams for Geno to go up against. He is a master at getting his players prepared. The upcoming Baylor game should be a challenge because of Griner.

Reaction Score
I have no problem watching the Girls play against a bad team, if the Women are playing well. Uconn's offense is a beautiful thing to watch when it's flowing, and I don't care what the score is, the passing, ball movement, reactions etc..unbelievable.I remember the 2002 Huskies (Diana, Sue, Swin, Ashja, Tamika) Simply flawless basketball. Like ballet.

Reaction Score

The bottom teams have gotten better, but the best players have also gotten a lot more athletic, so the gap remains.

Reaction Score
I have no problem watching the Girls play against a bad team, if the Women are playing well. Uconn's offense is a beautiful thing to watch when it's flowing, and I don't care what the score is, the passing, ball movement, reactions etc..unbelievable.I remember the 2002 Huskies (Diana, Sue, Swin, Ashja, Tamika) Simply flawless basketball. Like ballet.

Hate to tell you blackbird but any teams who play teams who they should beat by 60-70 points,all of their offenses "flow."Basically the other team can't guard you!

Reaction Score
Geno is really on a roll, recruiting at an incredibly high level right now. He's just graduated one of the best women's players ever in Maya, has the #1 high school player as a freshman, has the #1 high school senior signed (who he compared to Kevin Garnett), and is zeroing in on a top high school junior. On the men's side, it would be like Calipari holding onto his blue chips for four years, and getting them to all play together selflessly.
Absolutely. I recently read an article about Donna De sp?? Apparently she is performing as imagined during her short stay in Storrs; can you believe if she had stayed with Geno??

That SH score would have been 32-0, maybe at half time!

Reaction Score
Hate to tell you blackbird but any teams who play teams who they should beat by 60-70 points,all of their offenses "flow."Basically the other team can't guard you!

It's not the score, it's the way the offense is run. And the Uconn men have had plenty of blowouts and still don't look like the women's offense..

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's not the score, it's the way the offense is run. And the Uconn men have had plenty of blowouts and still don't look like the women's offense..
Greater speed and increased size significantly reduce the relative size of the court. When every player can cover greater ground of a given area, the space required to operate (pass, dribble, shoot) is lessened. Less space introduces less tolerance for error. That's why offense looks "cleaner" in the women's game. It would look like the men's game if you made them play on a much smaller court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom