Uconn cancels football season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn cancels football season

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
That's not a joke?! Dear lord.
I think it is a joke, but I honestly can’t tell anymore. Some of the stuff conferences are instituting sound like jokes.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
I think it is a joke, but I honestly can’t tell anymore. Some of the stuff conferences are instituting sound like jokes.

It isn't.

The idea is that teams on quarantine will miss practice so this is a way of evening it out slightly.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
It isn't.

The idea is that teams on quarantine will miss practice so this is a way of evening it out slightly.
Wow I guess that makes sense but that’s so stupid

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No surprise here. I'm not sure people are ready to face the reality that a vaccine changes nothing for these players, although it helps the coaches and others they come in contact with. Most likely scenario is that COVID 19 is around for the rest of our lives.

Reaction Score
Win total will be the same as if they had a season, and no chance of injuries.

Win/Win........

Reaction Score
I have 2 jokes. One about a tree falling in the woods and another about Hydroxychloroquine.

Reaction Score
The football team’s games against Illinois, Indiana, Maine and Mississippi have already been taken off the schedule by those schools’ respective conferences, and with the Atlantic Coast Conference likely to restrict its teams solely to conference play as well, games against North Carolina and Virginia were in doubt.

So would this same decision be made if UConn were in a conference that was only playing intra-conference teams so they had games to play? In other words is this really about the health and safety of the players as the press release says or because the team just can't get a schedule of games to play? Some of both?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"The safety challenges created by COVID-19 place our football student-athletes at an unacceptable level of risk." - AD DB

I had been holding on to hope that there would be a college basketball season starting sometimes this spring, but reading the tea leaves of this comment, it doesn't look too good. If they feel competition is too dangerous for the football guys, don't see how basketball is any different.

Even if a vaccine is available by spring, it probably isn't going to be given to healthy 20s somethings in peak physical condition with access to world class health care, it's going to the old and high-risk first.
No surprise here. I'm not sure people are ready to face the reality that a vaccine changes nothing for these players, although it helps the coaches and others they come in contact with. Most likely scenario is that COVID 19 is around for the rest of our lives.
It will be like the flu and every other thing that's around and a part of our lives but we will be heading back towards normalcy once the vaccines start being released months from now.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Season is cancelled.....and the number of projected wins is the same! :rimshot
Yes, but a big win for the Boneyarder whose avatar has "...predicting undefeated seasons..." beneath it, unless he removed it.

Reaction Score
It will be like the flu and every other thing that's around and a part of our lives but we will be heading back towards normalcy once the vaccines start being released months from now.

SARS is around but almost no one gets it. Polio is around too.

Reaction Score
The football team’s games against Illinois, Indiana, Maine and Mississippi have already been taken off the schedule by those schools’ respective conferences, and with the Atlantic Coast Conference likely to restrict its teams solely to conference play as well, games against North Carolina and Virginia were in doubt.

So would this same decision be made if UConn were in a conference that was only playing intra-conference teams so they had games to play? In other words is this really about the health and safety of the players as the press release says or because the team just can't get a schedule of games to play? Some of both?
It's 100% because we didn't have anyone to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom