UConn - BYU Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn - BYU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewie with the bloody athletic sock. We've seen that before somewhere.

Reaction Score
Alright, fellow Husky fans and friends, I am out. Enjoy the day. Be safe and GO, Huskies!!!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Agreed, there were bad calls but did they all or almost all go BYU's way ?
If you answer yes, then you would sound like the Volnation board. EVERY call goes against the lady vols. Just not realistic.
None the less they were bad calls and should be called. Sorry but I've been an official and the biggest fraud is trying to even up the fouls. It would have had an impact in the first half as numerous blocks by Hamson had her off hand on the body.

Reaction Score
So glad that KML got on the team bus today. Leaving her at the hotel would not have been in the Huskies' best interests.

A few boneyarders believe we can win over ND without KML...Dream on. I'm telling you right now Stewie is good but she can make you cry with her unconscious shooting.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A few boneyarders believe we can win over ND without KML...Dream on. I'm telling you right now Stewie is good but she can make you cry with her unconscious shooting.
Stewie's shooting was unconscious. I'm pretty sure it is still in bed back at the hotel. ;)

Reaction Score
None the less they were bad calls and should be called. Sorry but I've been an official and the biggest fraud is trying to even up the fouls. It would have had an impact in the first half as numerous blocks by Hamson had her off hand on the body.

That's just the point !! The ref's didn't try to even up the fouls otherwise UConn would not have had the more than 2 to 1 call ratio in their favor. In your opinion, if the ref's had called the fouls the way you thought they should be called, what would the final foul count have been ?
30-9, 40-9, 50-9 ?

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Every starter other than Stef got double figures again! If only Stef had gotten that one additional point...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I'm not aware of one boneyarder who has said that. At least not one with half a brain.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K did not shoot the ball well against Maryland in the tourney last year. Despite that and despite Stewie's sensational Final Four, I thought Kaleena was our best player in the final 6 games last year. She seems to have found that groove again. We'll need her, especially against ND.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's just the point !! The ref's didn't try to even up the fouls otherwise UConn would not have had the more than 2 to 1 call ratio in their favor. In you opinion, if the ref's had called the fouls the way you thought they should be called, what would the final foul count have been ?
30-9, 40-9, 50-9 ?
Don't know the number but it would have been worse. My point is I react to the calls and do not worry about the numbers. Worrying about the numbers skews how a game is called.

The numbers in the game are not terribly different in differential than UCONN has had as the least fouling team in WCBB all year.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Ends up as a comfortable win. IMHO player of the game was KML. However Bria was the difference in the 2nd half. Wish the announcers gave her more credit then they did. She got to the basket and was looking for her shot. She wasn't doing that in the 1st half. 11 Steals, 10 Blocks with 20 offensive Rebounds are the notable stats for the game.

Tougher then I thought it would be, but survive and advance.

Reaction Score
Don't know the number but it would have been worse. My point is I react to the calls and do not worry about the numbers.

But you're also a UCONN fan and see the play through that prism. If you have a chance, log onto the volnation board the next time Tennessee is playing. Every 3rd post is a complaint about the calls. They're convinced the ref's are out to get them. If Tennessee plays UCONN, each teams" board will have complaints about how the ref's aren't calling the game fairly. Would either one be right ? Maybe. Most likely, they both would be incorrect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KML was leading score for Uconn plus 13 rebounds and yet who did the media give the post interview to?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"But you're also a UCONN fan and see the play through that prism. If you have a chance, log onto the volnation board the next time Tennessee is playing. Every 3rd post is a complaint about the calls. They're convinced the ref's are out to get them. If Tennessee plays UCONN, each teams" board will have complaints about how the ref's aren't calling the game fairly. Would either one be right ? Maybe. Most likely, they both would be incorrect."

Most of those posts revolved around very specific fouls. Each one gathering several simultaneous responses. That tends to confirm the bad call. You apparently didn't notice the times when I noted we got away with a non call.

What Volnation thinks about anything is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ends up as a comfortable win. IMHO player of the game was KML. However Bria was the difference in the 2nd half. Wish the announcers gave her more credit then they did. She got to the basket and was looking for her shot. She wasn't doing that in the 1st half. 11 Steals, 10 Blocks with 20 offensive Rebounds are the notable stats for the game.

Tougher then I thought it would be, but survive and advance.

Geno certainly gave Bria the credit in the post game interview!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well that should settle all doubts about this team. First we shot the ball terriblely. Every rebound in the first half seemed to bounce to BYU. We couldnt even make a foul shot and were up by 1. We couldnt get inside Hamson played terrific and with a little help from the refs no call. The refs made some terrible calls against UConn where fouls were called and UConn was 2 ft away. Then in the second half we win by double digits. We had our worst game and Im glad its out of the way. It was a mental test and we passed. This was good for us and prepared us for the tuff games coming up. This is a very rezilant team. Nothing falling and we win with defense. Now we move on and have the height advantage. We got our bad game out of the way. BYU is a very good coached team. With Hamson in the middle they blossomed late and if they didnt face Uconn I have to wonder how far they could go.

Depaul wont out rebound us. I picked Depaul to face us . I also think Baylors quickness and speed could upset ND. It will be a good game.

For UConn it was a test with Hamsons height. She took away our outside game. We made the adjustments in the second half. Mentally this was good to see how we reacted in a tight game.

Reaction Score
BYU'S players were pretty gassed at the end. Faces gleaming with sweat. UCONN just wears teams down. Still, lots of work to do to tighten up some things..like 3 point shooting, foul shots and 3 point defense.

Reaction Score
Most of those posts revolved around very specific fouls. Each one gathering several simultaneous responses. That tends to confirm the bad call. You apparently didn't notice the times when I noted we got away with a non call.

No, I did notice. That's why I'm wondering why you thought the number of calls should be more in UCONN's favor than the greater than 19 to 9 that they were. While there were bad calls, there were bad calls on both sides. Does that mean they tend to even out ? I think so.

Reaction Score
"But you're also a UCONN fan and see the play through that prism. If you have a chance, log onto the volnation board the next time Tennessee is playing. Every 3rd post is a complaint about the calls. They're convinced the ref's are out to get them. If Tennessee plays UCONN, each teams" board will have complaints about how the ref's aren't calling the game fairly. Would either one be right ? Maybe. Most likely, they both would be incorrect."

What Volnation thinks about anything is irrelevant.

You don't get it. If you go on any teams' board you will see posts stating the ref's have it in for their team and that they are getting the short end of the calls.
Every team has fans that see what they want to see. Unless you think UCONN's board is immune to this ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro