UConn/Big 12 Meeting Next Week | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn/Big 12 Meeting Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some B12 AD's are against UC entry. Some are for it. Some could either way. B12 presidents will make that decision. Expansion is usually done in pairs. If BB is a factor, Duke would make a good entry partner. North Carolina is a top pick for SEC / B1G.
Same for Virginia.
no one can leave the ACC until 2036 and we’re hoping to join the big12 well before then….And not along with Memphis or USF

Reaction Score
Depends on financial terms. We’d be getting small bump in media deal, BUT, the expectation is that we’d be funding investment in FB in preparation of 2031. Where does that money come from?
That’s a great question that needs an answer. Based upon history, I’m not sure the money is there, especially in the pay-to-play era. I hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
Depends on financial terms. We’d be getting small bump in media deal, BUT, the expectation is that we’d be funding investment in FB in preparation of 2031. Where does that money come from?
Well, if we get $15,000,000 for basketball in the Big12, that's say double what we will be getting in the Big East. So I say half of it (the extra amount, so to speak) has to go for football.

Reaction Score
UConn is a basketball school with a football delusion.
Delusional implies a lack of reality.
If it was just a delusion we wouldn’t have the expenses associated with it .
We don’t have a delusion we have a real problem. . I said before if you want to be in the Big East you can’t continue spending like your in a P conference. . That means cutting back or elimitating it. Completely.
Actually completely would be the better choice
That decision has a whole new set consequences especially long term
so we have a significant problem.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Delusional implies a lack of reality.
If it was just a delusion we wouldn’t have the expenses associated with it .
We don’t have a delusion we have a real problem. . I said before if you want to be in the Big East you can’t continue spending like your in a P conference. . That means cutting back or elimitating it. Completely.
Actually completely would be the better choice
That decision has a whole new set consequences especially long term
so we have a significant problem.
So UConn is a school with a football conundrum?

Reaction Score
Well, if we get $15,000,000 for basketball in the Big12, that's say double what we will be getting in the Big East. So I say half of it (the extra amount, so to speak) has to go for football.
My guess that would include the FB rights as well and if that includes home games against P5 schools they're getting a bargain and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom