Uconn Baylor some thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn Baylor some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, Storrs is what 30 minutes form Hartford? Hardly "forever" particularly by Texas standards. Me thinks Kim is launching some clever propaganda.

Reaction Score
Lol, Storrs is what 30 minutes form Hartford? Hardly "forever" particularly by Texas standards. Me thinks Kim is launching some clever propaganda.
Yup. She has to get recruits to come to Waco, TX, so she’s gonna make Storrs sound like it’s way up in the ‘Yu-kon’. What city is Waco within 30 minutes of?

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yup. She has to get recruits to come to Waco, TX, so she’s gonna make Storrs sound like it’s way up in the UConn. What city is Waco within 30 minutes of?

In all fairness, Waco itself is 10x the size of Storrs.

Waco has not one but TWO Walmarts! Storrs better catch up. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yup. She has to get recruits to come to Waco, TX, so she’s gonna make Storrs sound like it’s way up in the UConn. What city is Waco within 30 minutes of?
Temple :D

On a serious note, I-35 is under heavy construction in the Waco area right now, and the past couple times I've driven from Austin north to (or through) Waco it's been a complete nightmare.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping UConn can play close to the way they did in the 2nd half vs Oklahoma or 1st half vs Depaul for atleast 3/4 of the game. And obviously, stay out of foul trouble. It's those 3-5 minute stretches this year where they've gone scoreless and/or committed a string of turnovers that worries me. If they limit those, I think they will win.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Someone recently told me that Waco is undergoing a "boom" right now. I asked why. The answer: Chip and Joanna Gaines :confused:

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a very tight, fast-paced game that goes down to the wire. Assuming that happens, and assuming both teams play with aggression and confidence, who emerges with the W and who gets the L is pretty meaningless at this point in the season. Neither potential outcome, under those circumstances, would provide any reliable harbinger of a rematch result in March. Now, should either team be blown out, well, that's a different story, but one that I distinctly do not expect.

Reaction Score
as usual you are right. I watched Baylor and IMO they are very beatable. Miss a lot of shots. played lousy defense, yes they are big and a bit lazy. Mulkey is nasty on the side lines especially playing from behind.
Lol! Baylor plays better defense than UConn

Reaction Score

Actually they have 4 Walmarts and 1 Sam's Club...

Reaction Score
Uconn is a 2 point favorite. Should be a great game with a great crowd.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Actually they have 4 Walmarts and 1 Sam's Club...

I wasn't counting the ones in Bellmead and Hewitt. I have to include the entire Waco Metropolitan Statistical Area? Sheesh. If that's the case, Storrs is part of the Hartford Metro Statistical Area and is practically urban. :rolleyes:

Done and done. I hope they are updating their recruiting materials as we type. :)

Reaction Score
Someone recently told me that Waco is undergoing a "boom" right now. I asked why. The answer: Chip and Joanna Gaines :confused:
Well, Chip and Joanna are certainly doing their part for Waco’s population boom.

Reaction Score
I wasn't counting the ones in Bellmead and Hewitt. I have to include the entire Waco Metropolitan Statistical Area? Sheesh. If that's the case, Storrs is part of the Hartford Metro Statistical Area and is practically urban. :rolleyes:

Done and done. I hope they are updating their recruiting materials as we type. :)
Have to give credit to all the Baylor sports teams for their recruiting. I used to drive through Waco 2-5x per month and had trouble finding a place to eat, much less anything to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom