UConn/Baylor Game Cancelled | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn/Baylor Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As of today I would think UConn may already be on their way to Texas which was suppose to be Thursday and if theyre not on their way, thats a good thing. They dont need another game on short notice unless its a cupcake team, just to play a game. Its been a while since UConn has played a real game. They simply dont have enough time to get ready for a really good team. Since Baylor aint happenin I dont think theyre gonna find another team to play this quickly. Providence on Saturday afternoon will be a good warm up game followed by a bunch of BE games over the next week or so. UConn is better off gettin ready for Providence and figure out what to do about scheduling more games at a later date. At a later date will be better and give us time to play a few more games which helps us down the road.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hindsight is 20-20. How smart do our players look now by electing to stay on campus for Christmas, given all of the cancelations and postponements this week because of the virus? :eek: Genius. ;)
Yea, except Baylor’s players were fine. Kim probably had Christmas in Waco with family members. Would she have done anything differently if the players had not gone home?

Reaction Score
Would UConn have cancelled the game if Geno had COVID? Chris has coached games when Geno wasn't available or got tossed by the refs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As of today I would think UConn is already in Texas getting ready for Baylor which was suppose to be tomorrow Since it aint happenin I dont think theyre gonna find another team to play this quick, then have to come back to CT to play Providence on Saturday afternoon. UConn is better off comin home, get ready for Providence and figure out what to do about scheduling more games at a later date.
The press release was approximately 1 pm central time. I assume Baylor called UConn prior to that time. I’m guessing either UConn was getting ready to depart or, worse case they were up in the air and the plane did a U-turn.....

Reaction Score
Animated GIF

Reaction Score
Who $%*&( cares about seeding at this point? UConn certainly and none of these other top teams have been tested adequately yet. Baylor's like UConn living in a weak league. Louisville in the ACC and Stanford in the Pac 12 have the competitive advantage. I've got to say it- apologies: What if UConn goes into the NCAA Tournament with Tennessee as its toughest outing of the year. Ugh! Anything's better than nothing I guess!

Reaction Score
I wonder if UCONN could look at some decent local teams that may need another OOO game. BC comes to mind. Also, BU is only playing their second game today. Clearly a tier lower but given the connection, might not be bad for either team, and they should be a contender for their conference title. UCONN gets to play and BU gets an RPI boost. I don't know enough about other decent schools close by.

Reaction Score
This has been handled very poorly in college basketball, if college football can do this with more numbers then college basketball can, find a way and do it.

Reaction Score
Hard to think of the possibility that the seeding for the NCAA tournament may now depend almost exclusively on the South Carolina game, if that indeed happens. Uconn should sweep conference games and tournament, although they could slip up on one of them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hindsight is 20-20. How smart do our players look now by electing to stay on campus for Christmas, given all of the cancelations and postponements this week because of the virus? :eek: Genius. ;)
I don’t believe for a second that UCONN players “elected” to stay on campus vs going home for Christmas. Geno and CD decided made this decision and like many of thier other program decisions it turned out to be a good one. But as Geno points out in the video some teams that went home are fine while others that did not are not fine.

Reaction Score
Sad that this game won't be played. This series has been really enjoyable to watch.

We all knew coming into this season that it would be rollercoaster with unexpected twists and turns. It only takes one case/exposure to flip the switch.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery for Kim. Hopefully the players and coaches come back with good news after testing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I dont see the Cleveland Browns playoff game being cancelled (so far), with their HC having Covid.
Pro football is employing an inexcusable “next man up” mentality when it comes to positive Covid cases.

Reaction Score
I dont see the Cleveland Browns playoff game being cancelled (so far), with their HC having Covid.
NFL gonna NFL

The issue is she returned and was in contact with the team, then she tested positive. So now all the players have to be tested and further evaluated before being cleared.

If she had not returned to team activities on Monday, this game would get played. I'm not blaming Kim at all, was just saying. This virus works weirdly as do testing results at times. A large portion don't show symptoms then test positive in different stages while others have very different reactions to the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom