UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 80 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
With the UConn baseball season now over, it is good time to provide the annual current summery of recruits who have been reported in this thread as having committed to UConn baseball. In the past, summer and fall have been a time when many such commitments are reported both for the upcoming season and future seasons. There is always the possibility of a number of transfers and possibly other recruits who will join UConn baseball for fall ball this September in addition to the recruits already listed.

High school Class of 2024

Gabriel Tirado - C
Anthony Belisario - SS/OF
Jack LaRose - SS
Connor Lane - C/1B/3B

Cole Taylor - RHP/3B
Joey Tonnotti - RHP/OF
Cayden Suchy - LHP/OF
Drew Smith - RHP
Owen Norrell - LHP
Zach Worzel - LHP

Aidan Dougherty - OF/1B - JUCO Transfer from Linn-Benton Community College
Grant MacArthur - 1B/3B - JUCO Transfer from San Joaquin Delta College

Evan Hamberger - LHP - JUCO Transfer from Spokane Falls CC
Sam Hutchinson - LHP - Eastern Connecticut

High school Class of 2025

Logan Charboneau - 1B
Matthew McDowell - SS
Camden Righi - C
Henry Jackson - SS
Jordan Rich - OF
Bryce Detwiler - INF/P

Brady Ericson - LHP
Daniel Margolies - LHP
Traigh Skiffington - RHP

High school Class of 2026

Vincent Lombardo - OF
Amato Civitello - SS/RHP

Shaun Flannery - RHP
Don’t mean to nit pick DB but Sam Hutchinson is transferring from Central Connecticut. I also expect Connor Lane to end up pitching. Thanks for all you do to make this board so enjoyable.

Reaction Score
Don’t mean to nit pick DB but Sam Hutchinson is transferring from Central Connecticut. I also expect Connor Lane to end up pitching. Thanks for all you do to make this board so enjoyable.

As far as the Sam HutchinsonI posting, I was in a bit of a rush last night after a busy weekend. Guess I'm so used to Eastern players going to UConn that I put it that way again. Oh well, my mistake.

There are a couple recruiting websites I often look at, and they don't always list on top all the positions a player may play, at least right away.

By the way, Connor Lane is listed on the Norwich Sea Unicorn roster in the Futures League, so after he gets out of high school I'm hoping to see him play a bit in Norwich this summer.

Reaction Score
Below I made a correction to Sam Hutchinson having gone to Central Connecticut, as opposed to Eastern. At this point I'm not bothering with correcting missing player positions, as they often change over the course of time anyway.

With the UConn baseball season now over, it is good time to provide the annual current summery of recruits who have been reported in this thread as having committed to UConn baseball. In the past, summer and fall have been a time when many such commitments are reported both for the upcoming season and future seasons. There is always the possibility of a number of transfers and possibly other recruits who will join UConn baseball for fall ball this September in addition to the recruits already listed.

High school Class of 2024

Gabriel Tirado - C
Anthony Belisario - SS/OF
Jack LaRose - SS
Connor Lane - C/1B/3B

Cole Taylor - RHP/3B
Joey Tonnotti - RHP/OF
Cayden Suchy - LHP/OF
Drew Smith - RHP
Owen Norrell - LHP
Zach Worzel - LHP

Aidan Dougherty - OF/1B - JUCO Transfer from Linn-Benton Community College
Grant MacArthur - 1B/3B - JUCO Transfer from San Joaquin Delta College

Evan Hamberger - LHP - JUCO Transfer from Spokane Falls CC
Sam Hutchinson - LHP - Central Connecticut

High school Class of 2025

Logan Charboneau - 1B
Matthew McDowell - SS
Camden Righi - C
Henry Jackson - SS
Jordan Rich - OF
Bryce Detwiler - INF/P

Brady Ericson - LHP
Daniel Margolies - LHP
Traigh Skiffington - RHP

High school Class of 2026

Vincent Lombardo - OF
Amato Civitello - SS/RHP

Shaun Flannery - RHP

Reaction Score
That Class of 2024 position player group may be small but damn is it good. If 4/4 get to campus (Lane - whether he hits or pitches, and Tirado being the bigger worries), I think they could all see time as true freshmen.

We all love the hard-nosed grit the D-III transfers have given us, but I also think we all know the best UConn teams, and our best shot at getting to Omaha, is with a team built around highly-recruited homegrown talent.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
That Class of 2024 position player group may be small but damn is it good. If 4/4 get to campus (Lane - whether he hits or pitches, and Tirado being the bigger worries), I think they could all see time as true freshmen.

We all love the hard-nosed grit the D-III transfers have given us, but I also think we all know the best UConn teams, and our best shot at getting to Omaha, is with a team built around highly-recruited homegrown talent.

It would not surprise me if over the summer UConn baseball gets a few more commitments for next season. This would be especially true of transfers from other schools, such as JUCOS among others.

I'm inclined to think that since we are getting away from the Covid years where players were granted another season of eligibility, that we will probably be seeing a bit less in the way of grad transfers going to other programs. We'll have to see how this all works out.

Reaction Score
Has there been anything reported or rumored regarding the progress of Abbadessa Galusha mainly, but also Schild…? Returning to throwing or ready for FallBall?

Reaction Score
Has there been anything reported or rumored regarding the progress of Abbadessa Galusha mainly, but also Schild…? Returning to throwing or ready for FallBall?

I have not heard anything new on these guys.

By the way, this question should have been on a different baseball thread, as all three of these players were on the UConn baseball roster this season, even if 2 of them were redshirted for this season. This thread is about UConn recruiting and such.

Reaction Score
Some of our best players over the past few years: Stock, Smith, Broadhurst, Krauth, Peterson, Tamarro, Dana, Quigley, Huber. All transfers. Need to have a combo approach of frosh recruits to develop and mature transfers who can step right in with college data backing their ability.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Paxton is similar, walks a fair number of guys but has otherwise been solid. Should give us solid depth even if he doesn’t win a weekend rotation spot. We could really use a power hitter.

Reaction Score
Paxton is similar, walks a fair number of guys but has otherwise been solid. Should give us solid depth even if he doesn’t win a weekend rotation spot. We could really use a power hitter.
Jake Hyde would be a nice get. Power lefty bat. Could play OF/1B. Connecticut kid.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the rosters of teams in the NECBL, which recently started playing its games for the summer. On the Vermont Mountaineer roster, I found a player who's college was listed as the University of Connecticut

Beau Root is a lefty hitting outfielder who has been playing college ball for Middlebury College. This past season he was a senior, so It would appear he is a grad transfer. He did not play in 2021. If you check his stats at Middlebury, he has been quite the hitter the last 3 seasons.

In past years in looking at college summer ball league rosters, I occasionally have found players who are transferring to UConn baseball. This appears to be the latest example of that sort of thing.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the rosters of teams in the NECBL, which recently started playing its games for the summer. On the Vermont Mountaineer roster, I found a player who's college was listed as the University of Connecticut

Beau Root is a lefty hitting outfielder who has been playing college ball for Middlebury College. This past season he was a senior, so It would appear he is a grad transfer. He did not play in 2021. If you check his stats at Middlebury, he has been quite the hitter the last 3 seasons.

In past years in looking at college summer ball league rosters, I occasionally have found players who are transferring to UConn baseball. This appears to be the latest example of that sort of thing.
Nice sleuthing!

Reaction Score

Doesn't necessarily have to be "homegrown talent", although that is always a big plus. But it absolutely needs to be "highly-recruited talent" to give UConn it's best chance at Omaha. Just think back on all those HR's that Stanford ('22) and FSU (this season) hit against the Huskies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
All-State Baseball Teams:

Class LL​

• Dylan Agvent, Amity
  • Gianni Barberio, New Milford
  • Alex Benevento, New Canaan
  • Frank Boutot, Southington
  • Colin Crowley, Southington
  • Nico Digioia, Hamden
  • Jimmy Dobbs, Fairfield Warde