UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 63 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Endicott College senior and East Canaan native who played at Housatonic Valley High is coming to UConn to play his final year of college baseball. He hit .348 with 11 HR and 57 RBIs a year ago with Endicott. Caleb Shpur

Attachments

• 5083FD25-ED2E-4405-99CD-7911EB362DC0.png
    5083FD25-ED2E-4405-99CD-7911EB362DC0.png
    1 MB · Views: 136
Reaction Score
Endicott College senior and East Canaan native who played at Housatonic Valley High is coming to UConn to play his final year of college baseball. He hit .348 with 11 HR and 57 RBIs a year ago with Endicott. Caleb Shpur
Continuing the trend of D3 stars, I like it. Looks like we’ll get him for the 2024 season?

Reaction Score
Going to be a Grad Transfer…

Caleb Shpur is playing this summer with the Pittsfield Suns of the Futures League. In 25 games and 94 at bats, he is hitting .362, with 6 doubles, 1 home run, 17 walks, and 14 stolen bases. Shpur has a .460 on base percentage as well.

Reaction Score
Led to believe he was headed out of state to chart his own path from the get-go.

I wonder if the baseball team at Texas Tech has NIL deals like the 25k that each football player will be making.

Reaction Score

Another small school guy

With Freeberger coming to UConn, that brings the upcoming season transfer total to 8. We brought in 6 a year ago. With a pretty big recruiting class coming in and some players in the portal/graduation there’s definitely gonna be a lot of new faces in the HookC this year.

Stephen Quigley(Wheaton College)(RHP/INF)
Jacob Studley(Wheaton College)(OF)
Luke Broadhurst(Eastern CT)(3B)
Michael Quigley(UMass Lowell)(RHP)
Paul Tammaro(Oswego State)(INF)
Zach Fogell(Brown)(LHP)
Caleb Shpur(Endicott)(OF)
Dominic Freeberger(UNC Asheville)(INF/OF)

Reaction Score
With Freeberger coming to UConn, that brings the upcoming season transfer total to 8. We brought in 6 a year ago. With a pretty big recruiting class coming in and some players in the portal/graduation there’s definitely gonna be a lot of new faces in the HookC this year.

Stephen Quigley(Wheaton College)(RHP/INF)
Jacob Studley(Wheaton College)(OF)
Luke Broadhurst(Eastern CT)(3B)
Michael Quigley(UMass Lowell)(RHP)
Paul Tammaro(Oswego State)(INF)
Zach Fogell(Brown)(LHP)
Caleb Shpur(Endicott)(OF)
Dominic Freeberger(UNC Asheville)(INF/OF)

Sounds like Shpur is coming for the 2024 season, which sounds a bit odd. so shouldn't include him for next season. We'll have to see if other transfers show up as well, you just never know.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Shpur is coming for the 2024 season, which sounds a bit odd. so shouldn't include him for next season. We'll have to see if other transfers show up as well, you just never know.
That’s a good call

Reaction Score

Another small school guy

Freeberger sounds like a pretty flexible guy, able to play all over the place. Plus his bat sounds solid as well. Just have to see how all these transfers sort out.

Reaction Score
2023 LHP Charlie West (UConn Commit) of Body Armor 17U Titans
Aggressive w FB generates a lot of swing and miss. CB is tight and late. Attacks hitters.

2023 P Frank Spirito (UConn Commit) of GAP2GAP
88-92 with power slider and solid change. Future draft pick material.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Ha, been waiting for this to get posted by someone else. I posted about Matt a few months ago in this thread. He is my nephew, and is going to be a big kid. Hitting 88mph on the hill as a freshman, a d batted .385 with very solid gap to gap power from the left side. He's currently about 6'3", 185 lbs.

Reaction Score
Class of 2026 Chase McCrary of Gordon, Alabama has committed to UConn baseball. Listed as a SS by PerfectGame.com. Commitment is confirmed on his twitter page. Don't see too many high school players from the deep south committing to UConn baseball. First commitment for the Class of 2026 for UConn.

Reaction Score
Class of 2026 Chase McCrary of Gordon, Alabama has committed to UConn baseball. Listed as a SS by PerfectGame.com. Commitment is confirmed on his twitter page. Don't see too many high school players from the deep south committing to UConn baseball. First commitment for the Class of 2026 for UConn.

The fact that this kid is 13 is absurd. Lots of development gonna happen with this kid

Reaction Score
The fact that this kid is 13 is absurd. Lots of development gonna happen with this kid

There has to be a tie to the school or the staff, doesn't there? He's what, three years before he can sign anything? A verbal "commitment" from an 8th grader and lives a thousand miles away for where he is going to college can't be worth the paper he didn't have to sign.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There has to be a tie to the school or the staff, doesn't there? He's what, three years before he can sign anything? A verbal "commitment" from an 8th grader and lives a thousand miles away for where he is going to college can't be worth the paper he didn't have to sign.

Very much a surprise to me as well that UConn baseball would get a commit from someone in the Class of 2026 at this point. From the way UConn recruiting has gone in the past, this summer I would expect a commit or two the players in the Class of 2025, players about to ender their sophomore year of high school, that does happen on occasion. Getting someone from the Class of 2026 this early was a huge surprise to me. I've been following UConn baseball recruiting for several years now, and I'm not sure I've seen UConn baseball ever pick up a commit from an incoming high school freshmen during the summer season. No question to me this not the usual thing for UConn baseball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom