UConn Baseball - Key Weekend Series @ Home v. Memphis | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball - Key Weekend Series @ Home v. Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ruotolo gives up a 2 run shot. He had no business being back out there for a 6th inning. What the heck is wrong with going to a Brown or Nepiarsky.

Reaction Score
Unearned runs due to the error. Game over as Penders has cleared out all his starters.

Reaction Score
I'm going to get criticized for this, but Penders is an awful in-game decision maker.
He needs to give up his 3rd base coaching duties as he continues to make bad decisions sending runners.
He pinch runs for all his starters and leaves no body left.
Well they have no body to blame but themselves if they don't make the tourney.
Can't keep losing 2 out of 3 week after week especially where you should have won 2out of 3.

Reaction Score
Buckley pinch ran for Melley.
Why? In the chance that we might and that is a big might get a hit. We had no players left. He played is if we were the road team.

Reaction Score
I swear this team can not win on Sunday's. Had plenty of chances and could not cash in. 15 innings and 1 measly run...another missed
Opportunity.

Reaction Score
I really feel sorry for the pitching staff on this team right now. Pitching their hearts out and the offense just stinks and the fielding was terrible today. Just another typical gut-wrenching weekend of UConn baseball. Another should have won at least 2 out of 3.
Wish Penders would just say what the heck and let Brown and Nepiarsky go a little more. No need to stretch Ruotolo that long. Hope it doesn't mess him up again.
Very frustrating but I will be back for more next weekend.
Heck we are on the road which bodes well for us.

Reaction Score
Shame - Had an opportunity this weekend to jump up...

@American_BSB: .@UHCougarBB wins 6-2 at @USFBaseball to take the series and create a four-way tie atop the conference standings.

Still have ECU and UH on the road w/ Cincy sandwiched in between.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Shame - Had an opportunity this weekend to jump up...

@American_BSB: .@UHCougarBB wins 6-2 at @USFBaseball to take the series and create a four-way tie atop the conference standings.

Still have ECU and UH on the road w/ Cincy sandwiched in between.
We need to find a way to finish .500 in the games at ECU & UH (no easy task) and win all but (possibly) one of our other games.

Reaction Score
When Ruotolo came in to pitch, I knew he was in for the rest of the way, for good or bad. First, Ruotolo is not really needed again until Friday when the AAC weekend games against East Carolina come up. But second, Penders just isn't going to stick a pitcher he does not trust into an extra inning conference game just like that. They have to earn their stripes with Penders, and that is a gradual process. Darras and Over had already been in the game, so they could not relieve Ruotolo. As for Nepiarsky, he seems to be on his way to being someone Penders will turn to, but he isn't there yet. Give him a few more middle of close game appearances for that. As for Brown, I see no signs right now of him gaining the Penders seal of approval, so to speak..

Reaction Score
We need to find a way to finish .500 in the games at ECU & UH (no easy task) and win all but (possibly) one of our other games.

UConn is now in sixth place in the AAC, and last I checked they are at 41 in the RPI. Both those spots are in the danger zone for missing the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
@American_BSB: 4 teams tied for 1st.
3 weekends remaining.
2 others within two games of 1st.
1 thrilling conference race unfolding. http://post original url/5Kt3VfiiH4
image.jpg

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/042615aaa.html

Game Notes
  • UConn is now 5-3 all-time against Memphis in a series dating back to 1999
  • Vinny Siena had a 35-game reached-base streak snapped in the loss. That streak marked the longest since George Springer also had a 35-game streak in 2010
  • Patrick Ruotolo tossed a career-high 6.0 innings, doubling his previous career-best
  • Blake Davey recorded his fifth three-hit game of 2015

Reaction Score
If we can go 5-4 in AAC regular season play the rest of the season I feel pretty good about our chances to make the tourney. A sweep vs Cincy would be great, but i don't know how realistic that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom