Men - UConn Baseball 2022 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Another detailed read by Chudoba:

This is definitely a worthwhile read. Highly recommended.

In his 11 seasons as pitching coach, MacDonald has never seen this many first-year players figure out the learning curve as quickly as this year’s class has. He credits the upperclassmen for carrying the load and embracing these seven freshmen and their contributions.

The leadership demonstrated by Stock, Peterson, Huber, Bushling, Casey Dana, Christian Fedko, Justin Willis, Enzo Stefanoni, Cole Chudoba and the other seniors has taken the burden and pressure off the freshmen. So far, none of the freshmen have felt like they have needed to carry the pitching staff or the offense, which has allowed them to stay focused and not try to do too much.

“This group of seniors has really embraced this year’s freshman class and I think that’s contributed to the magic of our first-half success thus far,” MacDonald said. “Yeah, Austin Peterson and Erik Stock have been great and the graduate transfers have done well, but they’ve also been supplemented by Ian Cooke giving us huge outings, and Afthim, Sully, Quinny and Hector as well. And Matt Garbowski getting big hits for us when [starting catcher] Matt Donlan needs a breather. It’s just been really good to see.”<

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Thought you'd all find this interesting.

DBC2DCED-5729-4CC9-8600-7A8CF981D492.jpeg

Reaction Score
Up to 15 in this poll

Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised at how high we’re ranked given our relatively soft schedule? I mean, I love it and think it’s fantastic for our brand, especially for recruiting, but… we’re simply not playing the same caliber of team that the others in the top 25 are, especially lately. Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised at how high we’re ranked given our relatively soft schedule? I mean, I love it and think it’s fantastic for our brand, especially for recruiting, but… we’re simply not playing the same caliber of team that the others in the top 25 are, especially lately. Am I missing something?
They’re polls. It’s like gymnastics/figure skating scoring in my mind: throw out the high, throw out the low and average the remaining.

Reaction Score
UConn up to #15 in the D1Baseball/NCAA Top 25 Poll (4/18/22):
No sighting in this week’s BaseballAmerica Top 25 Poll:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think, regardless of schedule, top 15 is where UConn should be right now.
However, a single slip-up vs a non top 20 team may hurt them a lot more than most other top ranked schools based on the conference
Glad to see the Huskies getting noticed

Reaction Score
Yes, as much as I love the poll attention we are getting, I do believe we are over ranked and should be just in the 20-25 range based on our record as the selling point. We have a ridiculously soft schedule but that win total will get attention.

To anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it, do yourself a favor and turn on ESPN on Friday or Saturday and watch some of the streaming games with some other Top 15 teams and see their level of play. Its awesome to be able to see so many matchups through cable on demand now. I do believe can go compete with them with our pitching and balanced line up but they are a notch or two above us. Not trying to drag our team but our competition level on the weekend has been bad and I hope it doesnt hurt our team in the post season (either ranking wise or by not giving our team enough tests throughout the year).

I think, regardless of schedule, top 15 is where UConn should be right now.
However, a single slip-up vs a non top 20 team may hurt them a lot more than most other top ranked schools based on the conference
Glad to see the Huskies getting noticed

Yes, unfortunately with baseball schedules being series based, single losses when playing a series are going to happen but they will be killers for us RPI wise against Big East teams. They will still show as a series win for the post season comittee but will hammer our RPI.

Reaction Score
UConn up to #15 in the D1Baseball/NCAA Top 25 Poll (4/18/22):
No sighting in this week’s BaseballAmerica Top 25 Poll:
UConn coming in as #16 in this week’s USA Today Coaches’ Poll:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member