Men - UConn Baseball 2022 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
It’s just a game now… still not ranked by Baseball America (5/2/22);

I wonder what the highest ranked a team has ever been in one poll while being unranked in another?

Reaction Score

UConn holds @ #15 in this week’s D1Baseball/NCAA poll (5/2/22):

Reaction Score

There must not be many subscribers to Baseball America in Connecticut

Reaction Score
I wonder what the highest ranked a team has ever been in one poll while being unranked in another?
There was one week recently where one poll (can’t remember which) had Florida St NINTH when they were unranked in every other poll.

Gonna look back into that for the specifics and edit this post with the update.

E: yup, two weeks ago. 9th in Baseball America (of course…), unranked by D1 and the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was one week recently where one poll (can’t remember which) had Florida St NINTH when they were unranked in every other poll.

Gonna look back into that for the specifics and edit this post with the update.

E: yup, two weeks ago. 9th in Baseball America (of course…), unranked by D1 and the USA Today Coaches Poll.

There is nothing new under the sun here. I can't say I pay really close attention to college baseball polls, but I have noticed over the years where teams can be getting fairly highly ranked in some polls, and barely get a mention in others. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is just Baseball America that has these variations. It just seems to be part of the nature of the college baseball baseball environment, in a sport where good teams will get beaten by not so good teams.

Reaction Score
Might be a dumb question, but any chance we can get a game against either Penn or Columbia? Would be a big help RPI wise. Also would be good to have them on the schedule every year.

Reaction Score
Might be a dumb question, but any chance we can get a game against either Penn or Columbia? Would be a big help RPI wise. Also would be good to have them on the schedule every year.

If you mean this year, I would think very unlikely at this point. I recall UConn did play Columbia several years ago, so it wouldn't be a big surprise if it happens again in a future season. As for Penn, they are probably too far away for a midweek game.

Usually the only time the schedule gets revised during a season is due to weather and rain outs. With a turf field and now UConn having lights so they can play at night, that reduces the need to make big readjustments to a regular season schedule that is in progress.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that from the picture of the attached tweet that Coach Penders might be at the Southington stop on the UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show. UConn baseball has a game the following day, and will be getting on the road the day after that to end the regular season at Georgetown, so it would be the only one of these stops that Coach Penders could make:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1651593865899.png

Stolen from Reddit. This takes a bunch of the polls and provides a composite ranking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom