UConn Athletics Transitioning to Mobile Ticketing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics Transitioning to Mobile Ticketing

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Thats my biggest fear with the mobile tickets. Ive had mobile tickets at times over the last few years. I know Im being paranoid, but I always worry that my phone will die or something will happen where I cannot pull them up on my phone when Im at the gate.
It’s kinda cool having a mobile airplane boarding pass until your phone freezes while you’re in the boarding line.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You will likely get a ticket emailed to you that you can....print out....
That also requires an e device of some kind as well as a printer. Anyone who posts on the BY has some sort of e device. Not necessarily a printer.

Anyone with a modern smartphone can also take a screen shot of an e-ticket and send it to the wallet for easy retrieval. BTW I just turned 76.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I collect stubs and also totally understand why they're doing this. It'd be nice if there was a way to pay $2 for a physical ticket, especially since they charged that for e-mailing it to a different person.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Dead and Company & Phish offer "commemorative" 3D ticket stub options when you buy their ticket (all E-tickets or mobile) for $10 to $20. Some stupid hippies actually pay for that :eek:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Paper tickets in this day and age are silly.
Except if you are in MSG and trying to get into a Dead & Co show and the damn internet is cutting out - happened 2 times to us and so many people - some didn't get in until almost 45 minutes after the show started - lines of people working with MSG staff trying to sort it out
The cell phone is a wonderful thing but has it's unique negative implication/limitations - paper tickets get lost but the electronic equipment has many more chances of disruption vs a piece of paper

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dead and Company & Phish offer "commemorative" 3D ticket stub options when you buy their ticket (all E-tickets or mobile) for $10 to $20. Some stupid hippies actually pay for that :eek:
Stupid Hippies?
Moronic statement

Reaction Score
I suppose you could print out the code and put it in your pocket just in case.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a friend who collected barf bags. He was devastated by airline consolidation and the move toward generic bags. He got over it.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
One way around the internet going out is to take screenshots of the code.
Or add it to your Apple Wallet.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Put me in the hate this bucket as well. A ticket stub is a cheap collectible and way to remember you were at a big game. No one is screenshotting their ticket after a buzzer beater to show their friends 10 years later that "I was there"...

Hopefully they don't go the Ticketmaster route where you can't even use a screenshot to get in anymore. Ticketmaster now makes it so their digital barcodes constantly update so a screenshot from 5 minutes ago is different than what's on your phone right now. It's the dumbest concept yet, especially in older buildings with terrible signals or large stadiums where cell signals get overwhelmed since we're certainly not at a place yet where all stadiums and arenas have strong wifi signals, especially in lobbies or outside the doors.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean, take a screenshot of your ticket and you don’t have to worry about service. Your phone may die? Charge it. You collect ticket stubs? Saves your ancestors the trouble of throwing out that shoebox after you die.

Reaction Score
I threw all my ticket stubs out, while cleaning up! Oh well. Got tired of them!

Reaction Score
I would hate that - have stubs going back to 89
They can still be printed out. Maybe not exactly the same, but if people want to make some time and a little effort, they can have a hard copy for personal collections IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom