UConn Athletics Transitioning to Mobile Ticketing | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics Transitioning to Mobile Ticketing

Reaction Score
Super upset about this. Loved saving stubs from UConn games. Have been doing it since I was a kid.

Take away all the fun to save a couple bucks.
I would hate that - have stubs going back to 89

Reaction Score
Concert tickets. Got 'em all the way back to the 70s. Just got tix for a concert and chose "mobile" without thinking. Afterwards I wished I hadn't...no ticket to save. :(

Reaction Score

I am very upset about this. I also collect the stubs. MOST important is that at 75 years old, I have no intention to purchase the grief that come with a smartphone. I like the feel of tickets and stacking them up prior to the season. Have been a season tix holder since 1981. Many of we Gray Hairs may find it easy to just opt out! I do hope UCONN does, in fact, have a plan B.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What’s the difference between a barcode on paper vs a barcode on a phone? They both have to be scanned.

The same way mobile tickets have been given to others for years, just transfer them on your phone to the person's email
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Reaction Score
How can you give them to someone else?
They've had a transfer system for years that you can use on the UConn Ticket website that you can find when going to your account page. I've used it before and was painless, just insert the email you want them sent to and you're done. IIRC there was a $2 transfer charge, but hopefully they scrap that now that this is the only / preferred way to have a ticket.

Alternatively, you can just screenshot the barcode on your phone and text it to a friend for free. Done that before at MSG without issue.

Reaction Score
Marquette went through this transition a couple years ago. Other than a few people who are... lets say... less tech savy, it was pretty smooth. Even for them, they figured it out after a few games. It made for longer entrance times for the few games though as they figured it out.

Ask your athletic department if they'd still print ticket stubs for a fee. MU does that for those that collect the stubs and are willing to pay for the printing.

Reaction Score
I am very upset about this. I also collect the stubs. MOST important is that at 75 years old, I have no intention to purchase the grief that come with a smartphone. I like the feel of tickets and stacking them up prior to the season. Have been a season tix holder since 1981. Many of we Gray Hairs may find it easy to just opt out! I do hope UCONN does, in fact, have a plan B.

Plan B is noted right in the article in the OP...

“Ticketholders who do not have a smartphone will be able to request alternative options.”

Reaction Score
Will really hurt the scalpers that are always outside Gampel. Good!!!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You will likely get a ticket emailed to you that you can....print out....

Reaction Score
Its great until your phone dies
Thats my biggest fear with the mobile tickets. Ive had mobile tickets at times over the last few years. I know Im being paranoid, but I always worry that my phone will die or something will happen where I cannot pull them up on my phone when Im at the gate.

Reaction Score
Thats my biggest fear with the mobile tickets. Ive had mobile tickets at times over the last few years. I know Im being paranoid, but I always worry that my phone will die or something will happen where I cannot pull them up on my phone when Im at the gate.
That happened to me at the NCAA tournament games at XL, had no service and couldn't get the tickets up for about 20 minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom