UConn at BU in HE playoffs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn at BU in HE playoffs

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to explain the man crush UConn fans and coaches have on Huska to me. I’ve watched lots of college hockey going back to when my father took me to see a BC team with a kid named Jerry York playing(though truth be told I was more interested in the band and getting hit chocolate inn that one) and he is nothing move than a pretty average goaltender. Seems to make some nice saves like he did in the 5-3 situation but let’s in his share of garbage goals.

I get that conventional wisdom says go with him last night but I would have given Creel the start. He has played well. Would be here without him and Hudka hasn’t played in something like 2 months. A regular season game against Merrimack sure. But first playoff I think you go with the guy who brought you here.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Pretty much. Many BU fans are very underwhelmed by this squad and are tired of paying $26 per game. It's also spring break so no students on campus. Definitely a great showing from your fans and made for at least somewhat of a playoff atmosphere. Unfortunately these QF games don't sell well across the country. The highest attendance number in the league was 2400 at BC, the #1 team in the country St Cloud only drew 2200 and even North Dakota had over 1,000 empty seats. Still a pitiful showing from BU fans.
That game played in Hartford would have had a min of 5000 fans.

Reaction Score
That game played in Hartford would have had a min of 5000 fans.
You're right. Though different predicaments for each school as a home QF series for BU is something its fans are extremely used to where a home QF series for UConn would be a truly special event. That doesn't make up for the fact that BU is hemorrhaging fans each year while UConn seems to be adding them. It's absurd that the conference structured the tournament so the 5 seed plays no home games while 6-8 all do.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You're right. Though different predicaments for each school as a home QF series for BU is something its fans are extremely used to where a home QF series for UConn would be a truly special event. That doesn't make up for the fact that BU is hemorrhaging fans each year while UConn seems to be adding them. It's absurd that the conference structured the tournament so the 5 seed plays no home games while 6-8 all do.
Absurd is the best way to describe that, for sure.

Reaction Score
Huska had 1.86 goals against average in the 11 games prior to injury. A 1.86.

In the 4 games UConn lost coming out of the winter break, Huska played to a 2.26 goals against average. UConn’s offense averaged 0.5 goals a game.

Since replacing Huska, Creel has a 2.66 goals against. UConn’s offense averaged 3.66 goals a game.

UConn rallied around the lost of their first or second best player.

And the scorching take that giving up a breakaway goal to Jordan Greenway, who will be in the NHL five minutes after BU’s final game, is soft is really top notch. Do you use an Ove glove when you type such fiery takes?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wanted to be there to support the boys tonight but the Home front needed me today. Thanks to all the hearty Husky fans that are there tonight. I’m with you in spirit and watching the stream. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
More people here tonight.

More UConn fans

Loud before the game.
Not so much until that tripping penalty on BU

Reaction Score
Nice missed elbow by miller and then a roughing call against UConn

Of course they score in the last minute.

1-0 BU

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I.....just......can’t......tolerate.....late .......period.....goals. We had some chances and we’re still down 1-0.
Nice missed elbow by miller and then a roughing call against UConn

Of course they score in the last minute.

1-0 BU
like I said yesterday, the refs hate us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is it with us and giving up last minute of period goals?

Reaction Score
I.....just.can’t.tolerate.....late ..period.....goals. We had some chances and we’re still down 1-0.

like I said yesterday, the refs hate us.

At least shea isn't here.

Was content with miller for like 1 minute. Now, ughhhh

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Listening to these announcers is like listening to Peter Griffith times two. Only he’s smarter. They play by play guy is still calling El-Mir....wait for it, El-Amir

Reaction Score
Listening to these announcers is like listening to Peter Griffith times two. Only he’s smarter. They play by play guy is still calling El-Mir....wait for it, El-Amir
Driving me flocking nuts, too.

Reaction Score
#13!!!! Masonius.

They're saying kalter over the announcement.

Make up for your crap play yesterday.

He should be a Forward, not a defenseman.

I really don't get how they made gendron a forward, but didn't consider masonius. I guess Pittsburgh thinks different

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with the Hart Center but the fact that it is too small by a lot. So they have to go to the old Centrum or whatever it is called now. QU's barn, while nice is also too small, btw. But it is a lot larger than the Hart.

The fix is in, though. HC. In maybe a few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom