UConn at BU in HE playoffs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn at BU in HE playoffs

Reaction Score
Cant' lose this game - if they lose this game after having a lead after 2 and with 4 minutes left, it could really snowball on them tomorrow.

Reaction Score
What a disappointment. This clearly will be difficult to bounce back from. I will be there to hopefully witness the series tied up and then winning on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Yeah so Huska.......

Let's be real, and I don't blame Cav for starting him, but Huska brought nothing to the table at all. Huska gave up the weak goals that Creel was giving up but didn't make any of the great saves Creel would make.

And Masonius, welp....we had all the momentum in the world and he gets lazy with a defensive clear and it ends up leading to a brutal loss. I've always said Masonius should be a forward, not a defenseman and if he's not a good enough forward to make the top 4 lines than he shouldn't be on the team. Defensive give aways and dumb penalties are his forte

If we win that game I'm feeling pretty confident about winning the series, even with the last 2 at BU

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Yeah so Huska..

Let's be real, and I don't blame Cav for starting him, but Huska brought nothing to the table at all. Huska gave up the weak goals that Creel was giving up but didn't make any of the great saves Creel would make.

He made several great saves in the 3rd and OT.

Reaction Score
And the referees were horrid - and don't try to even things out at the end, get the calls right as the game is going on. The penalty on Schwartz for trying to avoid an interference???? that leads to BU tying it up at 3????

WTF.....

And the first penalty of the 5 on 3 penalty for BU - the BU guy trips over his own player or falls down on his own and we get called for a BS penatly..

The referees were HORRID.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I never realized how different 2 5-4 games could feel. Cause I thought we we gonna win this one 5-4 as well.

Reaction Score
He made several great saves in the 3rd and OT.
I guess I am forgetting them? By great saves do you mean pucks hitting him in the chest or saves where he had to kick out his legs or move his glove hand? Because I don't remember the legs and gloves much.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And the referees were horrid - and don't try to even things out at the end, get the calls right as the game is going on. The penalty on Schwartz for trying to avoid an interference???? that leads to BU tying it up at 3????

WTF.....

And the first penalty of the 5 on 3 penalty for BU - the BU guy trips over his own player or falls down on his own and we get called for a BS penatly..

The referees were HORRID.
As I said...the refs hate us.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They need to put this behind them, get angry at themselves and find a way to win tomorrow. Oh yeah, I hate BoBo.

Reaction Score
I blame (sort of) Cav for putting Masonius out there in crunch time. We were rolling with 7 d-men, he wasn't necessary for the final 3 minutes and change.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I can’t blame Cav for the Huska decision. I said I’d go with his choice and I’m not going to change my mind. He knows better than we do and to me, the rest is just noise. That said, Huska starts tomorrow as well. To do anything else sends a bad message.

Reaction Score
We ain’t gettin any calls tonight.
Except for the first goal of the game that shouldn't have counted because the puck went into the netting 10 seconds before and everyone in the arena except the officials saw it? :p

UConn played really well and deserves to be in the spot they're in. My guys are so anemic and have many holes in their game. UConn's definitely not out of this series yet.

The Letunov goal (#3) was reviewed because he directed it off his foot. But there was no kicking motion so it was clean. The penalty on UConn that led to BU's third goal was difficult to see but actually a very legitimate call. The UConn guy wrapped his glove around the BU player's head. That'll get called every time. No homer glasses here from me, it was what it was. UConn got lucky that the boarding call was only two, which they rightfully didn't call a major since the point of contact was not straight to the BU player's back on the check into the boards. Many HE refs immediately call that a 5 and game misconduct simply because it looks bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2nd goal should not have counted. BU player in the crease was pushing Huska off the post with his stick
Once again, have to call this out. That did not happen. The UConn player dragged Tkachuk down into the crease and into Huska. The replay clearly showed the contact Tkachuk made with Huska was a direct result of the UConn skater. Under no circumstances should that have been overturned.

Reaction Score
The penalty on UConn that led to BU's third goal was difficult to see but actually a very legitimate call. The UConn guy wrapped his glove around the BU player's head. That'll get called every time. No homer glasses here from me, it was what it was.
I will disagree with you every day on that....Schwartz was obstructed from getting to the puck tried to move around the defender to get the puck and was called for a holding. That is the biggest BS call you'll ever see. And to say it will get called every time - are you high on meth?

Reaction Score
You'd fit in perfectly with the announcers BU has
You can call me a homer all you want but I'm looking right at the play with my own eyes and have been more than willing to call out my own team when they did something wrong. I could sit here and whine and complain that UConn's first goal shouldn't count and Letunov's shouldn't have counted because he kicked it in. I'm not, because bad calls happen and Letunov didn't kick it in. If UConn had won in OT it wouldn't have been because of the bad 1st period call, it would've been because BU played a subpar game and UConn repeatedly outhustled them (which they did.)

Reaction Score
Once again, have to call this out. That did not happen. The UConn player dragged Tkachuk down into the crease and into Huska. The replay clearly showed the contact Tkachuk made with Huska was a direct result of the UConn skater. Under no circumstances should that have been overturned.

Buddy, I watched it on my tv. I saw the replay pristinely, while you had to squint your eyes in the arena. Yes, Tkachuk was pushed into Huska but after the initial point of contact he started shoving Huska off the post with his stick. That DID happen..

Reaction Score
You can call me a homer all you want but I'm looking right at the play with my own eyes and have been more than willing to call out my own team when they did something wrong. I could sit here and whine and complain that UConn's first goal shouldn't count and Letunov's shouldn't have counted because he kicked it in. I'm not, because bad calls happen and Letunov didn't kick it in. If UConn had won in OT it wouldn't have been because of the bad 1st period call, it would've been because BU played a subpar game and UConn repeatedly outhustled them (which they did.)

You can't whine and complain because none of that happened, guy.

Reaction Score
I will disagree with you every day on that....Schwartz was obstructed from getting to the puck tried to move around the defender to get the puck and was called for a holding. That is the biggest BS call you'll ever see. And to say it will get called every time - are you high on meth?

High on baked beans.

Reaction Score
Whether something occurred on the opposite side of the BU player, I couldn't see that. What I could see was the UConn player's glove around the BU forward's head. It happened and it'll get called every time. Any coach will tell you a player who takes his hand off his stick and places it on an opposing player, much less at or near his head, is asking to get called for holding.

Reaction Score
You can't whine and complain because none of that happened, guy.
Wait, you're trying to tell me that the puck didn't go into the netting on the other end before UConn's first goal and Letunov didn't legally direct the puck in with his skate? Your head is squarely in the sand if you think those two things did not occur.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom