UConn at BU in HE playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn at BU in HE playoffs

Reaction Score
Wait, you're trying to tell me that the puck didn't go into the netting on the other end before UConn's first goal and Letunov didn't legally direct the puck in with his skate? Your head is squarely in the sand if you think those two things did not occur.

Whatever you say dood

Reaction Score
Except for the first goal of the game that shouldn't have counted because the puck went into the netting 10 seconds before and everyone in the arena except the officials saw it?
I'm not saying it did NOT hit the netting, I mean I was watching online and wasn't at the game. On TV I didn't see the puck hit the netting, and the announcers didn't see it hit the netting. The officials didnt' see it hit the netting. And I'm assuming the players and the coaches didn't see it hit the netting. But everyone else in the arena saw it hit the netting?

If the players and coaches complained about it, OK - I didn't notice but perhaps they did. But if the players, coaches, referees and announcers didn't see it hit the netting but everyone else in the arena saw it well that's some crazy stuff right there.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wait, you're trying to tell me that the puck didn't go into the netting on the other end before UConn's first goal and Letunov didn't legally direct the puck in with his skate? Your head is squarely in the sand if you think those two things did not occur.
Blah...Blah.....blah. Take your win and stop posting. Our posts won’t change the outcome.

Reaction Score
Especially Massholes who appropriate Hartford's (UConn's) goal song for their own username on a UConn messageboard.
You really need to reconsider your attitude. I grew up in Connecticut, began my love of hockey at Whaler games when I was five and followed them religiously until they left when I was in fifth grade. I still have a Whaler jersey hanging on the wall of my bedroom and the t-shirt Kevin Dineen threw me at a charity softball game when I was seven. Not a single ounce of appropriation in any regard. You are so ridiculously out of line it's disgusting.

I understand that was a tough loss, hell so was the OT win you had over my guys in Hartford a few weeks ago. Yet you didn't find me coming on here and making a complete fool of myself by blaming the officials and making grotesque personal comments towards any of you. Grow up.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it did NOT hit the netting, I mean I was watching online and wasn't at the game. On TV I didn't see the puck hit the netting, and the announcers didn't see it hit the netting. The officials didnt' see it hit the netting. And I'm assuming the players and the coaches didn't see it hit the netting. But everyone else in the arena saw it hit the netting?

If the players and coaches complained about it, OK - I didn't notice but perhaps they did. But if the players, coaches, referees and announcers didn't see it hit the netting but everyone else in the arena saw it well that's some crazy stuff right there.

Yes, the entire BU bench and all players complained to the refs. Every fan in the corner stood and yelled. The BU band started playing because they assumed there was a whistle since they saw the puck in the netting. I saw it from 200 feet away on the other side of the rink. It happened. But those bad breaks from the officials happen, and UConn's success in the game wasn't because of that, it's because they played a great game. And once again, I would not at all be surprised if they won the next two.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Word.

Reaction Score
You really need to reconsider your attitude. I grew up in Connecticut, began my love of hockey at Whaler games when I was five and followed them religiously until they left when I was in fifth grade. I still have a Whaler jersey hanging on the wall of my bedroom and the t-shirt Kevin Dineen threw me at a charity softball game when I was seven. Not a single ounce of appropriation in any regard. You are so ridiculously out of line it's disgusting.

This is coming from the same guy who was pissed off at how well UConn was drawing it's first year and tried to spread falsehoods saying the attendance was fake and the number (5,814) was padded. My attitude is well in line with who I'm conversing with. You're a passive-aggressive poster. Not to mention YOU were the one that came to this thread after your team won to essentially whine and complain and hash up bs as this is your way to subtly talk crap.

Reaction Score
This is coming from the same guy who was pissed off at how well UConn was drawing it's first year and tried to spread falsehoods saying the attendance was fake and the number (5,814) was padded. My attitude is well in line with who I'm conversing with. You're a passive-aggressive poster. Not to mention YOU were the one that came to this thread after your team won to essentially whine and complain and hash up bs as this is your way to subtly take shots.
Don't change the subject. You crossed a line making a very personal comment about me and something that's been a very important part of my life. I'm done with you.

Reaction Score
Btw you were the one that hashed all this up, but you glossed over that part of my reply.. very typical of you. Omit and lie.

Reaction Score
Wow, that was a really fun hockey game. Lots of roller coaster emotions. Hopefully tomorrow UConn brings the same effort. BU has such a huge talent advantage and UConn was able to play pretty even with them tonight. UConn needs to grind it out tomorrow, keep it close, and hope the puck bounces our way. Should be fun. Let’s go Huskies

Reaction Score
Yes, the entire BU bench and all players complained to the refs. Every fan in the corner stood and yelled. The BU band started playing because they assumed there was a whistle since they saw the puck in the netting. I saw it from 200 feet away on the other side of the rink. It happened. But those bad breaks from the officials happen, and UConn's success in the game wasn't because of that, it's because they played a great game. And once again, I would not at all be surprised if they won the next two.
I'm not saying you're wrong but talk about this netting thing - are you saying a uconn player hit the netting 10 seconds before their goal? What part of the building was the netting? I went back and looked at a good 30 seconds before the goal and I dont recall seeing any BU player stopping their skating because they thought it was a dead puck. I didnt' see any netting get hit with a puck.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying you're wrong but talk about this netting thing - are you saying a uconn player hit the netting 10 seconds before their goal? What part of the building was the netting? I went back and looked at a good 30 seconds before the goal and I dont recall seeing any BU player stopping their skating because they thought it was a dead puck. I didnt' see any netting get hit with a puck.
No not a UConn player went into the net, the puck did. In the UConn defensive zone there was a shot towards Huska, it pinballed around and went into the protective netting above the boards and dropped to Huska's right. A couple of seconds later, the BU band started playing and fans in the stands on that end started yelling wondering why play didn't stop. I believe the BU bench complained also as they had a better view than the players on the ice.

Bad calls happen though and UConn earned the goal they scored on the other end. The refs missed a few blatant calls on BU players later in the game as well as one or two on UConn guys, none of it takes away from how well either team played. The officiating was a disaster in both directions tonight. Jack Millea usually is decent but was especially bad tonight. Kevin Shea is horrible always - and is also an employee of BC. BC Names Kevin Shea Vice President

Reaction Score
At the end of the day we have legitimate gripes. Cavanaugh wouldn't have gone berserk if that penalty call was accurate and Tkachuk DID shove Huska's left pad out of the way with his stick intentionally while in the crease. We will see it on the highlights.

A loss is a loss though and UConn is ultimately responsible for blowing the game.

END

Reaction Score
No not a UConn player went into the net, the puck did. In the UConn defensive zone there was a shot towards Huska, it pinballed around and went into the protective netting above the boards and dropped to Huska's right.
OK, I found the moment in question. It's about 13 seconds or so before the UConn goal - on the other side of the ice. You can't even see the puck hit netting from the TV shot - I'll take your word for it...but honestly that has no bearing on the play. To correlate that with the refs giving UConn a goal is laughable. You didn't have BU players skating slowly back to the bench for a line change thinking the play was dead. They were looking around for the puck. And as UConn eventually gets the puck and starts moving up the ice, the BU defenseman play it straight up until they ultimately gain possession before coughing it up along the boards and leading to UConn getting a goal. The puck perhaps hitting the net 200 feet away before a back and forth possession between the two teams has nothing to do with UConn getting a goal. The BU defender pulled a "Masonius" and THAT is why UConn scored.

As for the Schwartz "hold" - ahem - Hickey obstructs Schwartz from getting to the puck and the combination of Schwartz trying to get around him and Hickey trying to ride him away from the puck, they both almost hit the BU goalie. Schwartz does put his hand on the back of Hickey's helmet in the process of trying to go AROUND him as he is being illegally interfered with and even the BU announcers said Cavanaugh had every right to be ripped. They were literally laughing at the call in disbelief.

Now despite the fact that the refs really did us no favors, we ultimately lost because Masonius couldn't clear a puck in crunch time to save his life, and Huska couldn't make a simple save by covering the post on a wrap around when he had plenty of time to do it. I was having dreams of a Friday night at the TD Garden and having UConn nation invade and get loud. This horrible loss probably throws that chance away, but I'll get to Agganis if it gets to a Sunday to root for Masonius, Huska and the rest as well as a FAIRLY officiated game.

Reaction Score
As a Bostonian/UConn alum I was there tonight. AWESOME UConn crowd.may have been more UConn fans than BU fans. Really embarrassing turnout for BU. The place was empty (maybe 1500 people?). I always thought BU got good turnouts but not anymore.

Can’t go to tomorrow’s game but need to get a W. If they win I’ll be there on Sunday if

Reaction Score
^^^ 1,774 there tonight.

Probably 300-400 UConn fans that were louder and more into it than the other 1,300 BU fans

Reaction Score
^^^ 1,774 there tonight.

Probably 300-400 UConn fans that were louder and more into it than the other 1,300 BU fans
Pretty much. Many BU fans are very underwhelmed by this squad and are tired of paying $26 per game. It's also spring break so no students on campus. Definitely a great showing from your fans and made for at least somewhat of a playoff atmosphere. Unfortunately these QF games don't sell well across the country. The highest attendance number in the league was 2400 at BC, the #1 team in the country St Cloud only drew 2200 and even North Dakota had over 1,000 empty seats. Still a pitiful showing from BU fans.

Reaction Score
As a Bostonian/UConn alum I was there tonight. AWESOME UConn crowd.may have been more UConn fans than BU fans. Really embarrassing turnout for BU. The place was empty (maybe 1500 people?). I always thought BU got good turnouts but not anymore.

Can’t go to tomorrow’s game but need to get a W. If they win I’ll be there on Sunday if

I was also at the game last night. I totally agree. A great showing of UConn fans. Probably not as many UConn fans than BU fans but definitely louder and more animated. Like you I can't go tonight but maybe Sunday if it goes to a third game.

It was a fun game to watch. High energy on both sides. BU was a much faster team than UConn but UConn dominated with energy especially in the first period. A fair job by the referees. No real big complaints. Huska should not have been starting last night. He looked slow to respond and at times lost. One rule of hockey is to always go with the hot goaltender and it was not Huska. Good luck to UConn tonight!!! Could be a win..

BTW what a beautiful facility the Agannis Center is. I was told it seats about 6500 but it was quite empty albeit UConn fans cheers filled the facility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom