UConn at BU in HE playoffs | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn at BU in HE playoffs

Reaction Score
Getting a quality ice hockey facility on campus would be even more impressive for potential recruits.

Don't they want to play in front of....people? When the lower bowl is filled to the T at the XL the atmosphere is supreme to any I've watched in Hockey East. The Boston schools in particular. Watching our games at BU and Northeastern it was hard to stay interested because no one was there. That can't be fun to play in front of.

Reaction Score
Don't they want to play in front of....people? When the lower bowl is filled to the T at the XL the atmosphere is supreme to any I've watched in Hockey East. The Boston schools in particular. Watching our games at BU and Northeastern it was hard to stay interested because no one was there. That can't be fun to play in front of.

On campus facilities matter big time in recruiting in any college sport. Besides, given what is going on in Connecticut you can't count on the XL Center staying open long term.

Reaction Score
Very nice season for UConn. Coach Cavanaugh has done a good job with this group. UConn will probably take a step back next year wth the graduation of all the seniors. UConn will be very young next year and will need time to develop. It should be fun watching a young UConn team develop over the course of next season. Overall, I am happy with the direction of the program under coach Cavanaugh. I am looking forward to seeing the team compete next season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
On campus facilities matter big time in recruiting in any college sport. Besides, given what is going on in Connecticut you can't count on the XL Center staying open long term.
It would be a shortsighted disaster to close the XL Center.

Reaction Score
This is tough to swallow. Whoever mentioned Coach Cav being 0-12 is factually right, however, watching how hard these kids competed in this 2 game series, does not support what I believe to be the intent of drawing negative attention to the Coach’s playoff record. Typically a coach loses in the play-offs because his teams don’t show up/underachieve. Regardless of his record, Coach Cav had these kids ready, they pushed their potential higher by out working teams. Kids don’t do that for inferior leaders.

Still, it’s tough. And it’s tough because we now expect to win, which is great for the program, but terrible for my stress and anxiety.

Reaction Score
UConn outshot BU 37-19 tonight. Outshot them 15-5 in the third period.

Its amazing BU ended up pulling out 2 wins the last 2 days. Huska was clearly not sharp at all after not playing for two months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom