UConn asks federal court to dismiss Kevin Ollie's complaint | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn asks federal court to dismiss Kevin Ollie's complaint

Reaction Score
You take things pretty personally, don't you?

In any event I note that you didn't answer my question. I'll restate it for you:

You realize the Ray Allen call alone wasn't the reason for KO's dismissal, right?
The 1st micro sentence in my reply? I do. I think that was an answer. You may have overlooked THAT. Did I take it personal? I guess enough that I remembered it, and you never acquiesced on that point. S pretty sure I DID answer the question.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The 1st micro sentence in my reply? I do. I think that was an answer. You may have overlooked THAT. Did I take it personal? I guess enough that I remembered it, and you never acquiesced on that point. S pretty sure I DID answer the question.
Okay, so if you do realize it, is it a little disingenuous to constantly talk about that point as if were only the only basis for KO's dismissal?

Reaction Score
Okay, so if you do realize it, is it a little disingenuous to constantly talk about that point as if were only the only basis for KO's dismissal?
That is another assumption on your part. I have talked about specific reports throughout this. I have also spoken at length about the treatment of JC during his transgressions vs KO's treatment. People state "different contract language", as if the was no conduct clause in JC's contract. We have 2 school's of thought here. One of us will turn out to be right and the other wrong. Having worked with the legal system, nothing would surprise me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Or cherry picking them.
Again, you seem to take things awfully personally. Here's the thing, if you post to a forum, you pretty much should expect people to comment on your posts.

Reaction Score
Again, you seem to take things awfully personally. Here's the thing, if you post to a forum, you pretty much should expect people to comment on your posts.
Here is what I took personally. You posted personal information about me. It was incorrect. Go ask Marc if he banned me or if I removed myself. So yeah when someone does that and posts false personal information, I tend to take that personally. Me saying you are cherry picki9ng my posts is taking things personally? Really? Let's call that an overstatement.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here is what I took personally. You posted personal information about me. It was incorrect. Go ask Marc if he banned me or if I removed myself. So yeah when someone does that and posts false personal information, I tend to take that personally. Me saying you are cherry picki9ng my posts is taking things personally? Really? Let's call that an overstatement.
Ah how would I know anything about you except what you post? All I know is you were difficult over there and had such a grudge against the mod there that you used his name for your handle here but added sucks. It's just a little weird, you know?

But it occurs to me that I've been sucked into a half dozen posts about you feeding your self- obsession. I'm out, but you have a good night

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
KO’s lawsuit is going down in flames. I suspect it was a last ditch attempt to get UConn to offer him something to make it go away. Either his lawyers absolutely suck or he is a terrible client ignoring their advice. I don’t know which.

For all the whiners who complain about disparate treatment between JC and Ollie, are you aware that disparate treatment is perfectly ok? It’s absolutely fine to treat employees differently unless you do it for an impermissible reason. That’s why there is racism claim here, that’s an impermissible reason. On the other hand, UConn can legally say we looked past JCs issues because he was a hall of fame caliber coach and we didn’t look past Ollie’s because his performance sucked. That is perfectly fine. It’s also a fantastic defense to his absurd racism claim.

Reaction Score
KO’s lawsuit is going down in flames. I suspect it was a last ditch attempt to get UConn to offer him something to make it go away. Either his lawyers absolutely suck or he is a terrible client ignoring their advice. I don’t know which.

For all the whiners who complain about disparate treatment between JC and Ollie, are you aware that disparate treatment is perfectly ok? It’s absolutely fine to treat employees differently unless you do it for an impermissible reason. That’s why there is racism claim here, that’s an impermissible reason. On the other hand, UConn can legally say we looked past JCs issues because he was a hall of fame caliber coach and we didn’t look past Ollie’s because his performance sucked. That is perfectly fine. It’s also a fantastic defense to his absurd racism claim.
Two things come to mind, past practice and unequal treatment. I'm sure these arguments will be presented.

Reaction Score
Two things come to mind, past practice and unequal treatment. I'm sure these arguments will be presented.

A singular action is not a past practice. Past practices in unionized labor situations have to have been in place for a reasonably long time and occur repeatedly. Using past practice for a JC vs KO treatment would very likely be flicked aside.

Reaction Score
Ah how would I know anything about you except what you post? All I know is you were difficult over there and had such a grudge against the mod there that you used his name for your handle here but added sucks. It's just a little weird, you know?

But it occurs to me that I've been sucked into a half dozen posts about you feeding your self- obsession. I'm out, but you have a good night
Instead of trying to justify your stupid behavior, try manning up and admit you were incorrect and then apologize. As usual you make assumptions but rather than own and stand corrected, you double down. It's just a little weird, you know.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Instead of trying to justify your stupid behavior, try manning up and admit you were incorrect and then apologize. As usual you make assumptions but rather than own and stand corrected, you double down. It's just a little weird, you know.
I think it's about time for you to stand down. Based on your name, it's obvious you had issues on another site. And your cherry picking about the Ray Allen call instead of addressing the more serious and well documented accusations makes your agenda suspect.

Best not to be banned from two forums.

Reaction Score

“On the other hand, UConn can legally say we looked past JCs issues because he was a hall of fame caliber coach and we didn’t look past Ollie’s because his performance sucked. That is perfectly fine.”

LOL. Are you a lawyer?

Reaction Score
I think it's about time for you to stand down. Based on your name, it's obvious you had issues on another site. And your cherry picking about the Ray Allen call instead of addressing the more serious and well documented accusations makes your agenda suspect.

Best not to be banned from two forums.
Except I was never banned from one. Convenient.

Reaction Score
A singular action is not a past practice. Past practices in unionized labor situations have to have been in place for a reasonably long time and occur repeatedly. Using past practice for a JC vs KO treatment would very likely be flicked aside.
Apparently you know more than I do. So it was a singular action then for Jim.

Reaction Score
The whole “JC’s issues” thing makes me chuckle ... no rampant cheating and no one died under his watch. He worked his arse off in a competitive environment and may have bruised some egos along the way. As a result, he got his hand slapped by an organization that was lead by a clown looking to punish. KO’s story is completely different, no comparison. KO almost butchered the Golden Goose and his contract terms allowed the university to act before dinner was served. Period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom