UConn asks federal court to dismiss Kevin Ollie's complaint | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn asks federal court to dismiss Kevin Ollie's complaint

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a process. KO has the financial resources and looks to be in for the full ride, so buckle up. But don't mistake KO's persistence for a likelihood of success.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hopefully counsel for KO filed the Complaint with sufficient factual and legal support - Federal Courts do not take lightly to the wasting of the Court's time with a lawsuit that lacks either of these two basis and the Judge may subject the party (KO) and/or his attorneys to sanctions if the Court determines that the action is baseless.

Additionally, Federal Courts have their own pretrial/settlement procedures staffed by Special Masters (usually experienced attorneys) and the Judge may order the parties to meet with a Master (or three) and make a good faith effort to resolve their differences, maybe coupling this order with a veiled threat or two about the Court's possible negative reaction to a lack of a settlement. The Court is aware this dispute is 'only' about money, that there is a cap as to how much KO can possibly receive, and that reasonable parties should be able to find the right number - it is never a good idea to chance the wrath of a Federal judge, they have great powers and will if so inclined use that power.
Thanks for your insight. You don't usually get that insight in the press.

TJT

Reaction Score
KO is insane - torching the UConn bridge is going to cost him more than he will ever gain.

He didn't torch the bridge until after UConn threw him off it.

Reaction Score
I agree. He should have been fired, for performance. We can go on and on. He still had value to the school. Do you think he could have been a fundraiser and easily offset his salary, Because I do. Now he is exiled forever. Who's next, Ray Allen for making the phone call?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rick Pitino still gets jobs. Can I win any harder than that?

To be fair, Pitino, while an insincere degenerate, is a phenomenal basketball coach. A true HOFer. If you are comfortable selling your soul for on the court success, you want him on your sideline.

C

Chief00

I'd say possibly none of the above; or maybe a combination of all three of them. I think it's simply a hard case with some tough choices, given that his "contract" is an amalgam of the CBA and his own separate agreement with the University, and the two don't always dovetail nicely and cleanly.

As you know, I read the documents to provide the option not to go to arbitration at all, but to go to court instead, which I would have done.

Unless Chief is missing some critical legal nuance KO’s team’s strategy has led to a bad place for KO.

C

Chief00

Ollie propaganda machine working overtime atm
Man, if that’s his propaganda machine - I would like to see the opposition. I think most of the damage to KO’s case has been done by him and his delusional team. As they say, when the other side is self imploding step out if the way.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Pitino, while an insincere degenerate, is a phenomenal basketball coach. A true HOFer. If you are comfortable selling your soul for on the court success, you want him on your sideline.

Bingo. The reason KO isn't going to get a HC job isn't because of an NCAA cloud hanging over him, it's because he proved himself to be utterly incapable of running a college basketball program.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Unless Chief is missing some critical legal nuance KO’s team’s strategy has led to a bad place for KO.
I’m not sure there were a lot of great options given the hand they were dealt; but whether through their choices or their client’s, they appear to have missed their best window for maximizing any leverage they had.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not so much actually. His representation did that. As I have said before, hindsight being what it is, I would have preferred UConn's first announcement not have included the 'just cause" label, accurate though it is. It likely wouldn't have made a difference though.

C

Chief00

I’m not sure there were a lot of great options given the hand they were dealt; but whether through their choices or their client’s, they appear to have missed their best window for maximizing any leverage they had.
The FOI request that revealed Glen Miller’s wife spitting KO venom was not exactly a great move.

CL82

Reaction Score
He should have been fired, for performance.
Uh, why? That would cost the school in excess of $10M. Any AD who did that would be fired.
He still had value to the school. Do you think he could have been a fundraiser and easily offset his salary, Because I do.
How much fundraising did he do as coach? I personally doubt KO would have generated 10 million over the life of his contract.
Now he is exiled forever.
When you leave a job you throw crap against the wall in the hopes that it will stick, or leave graciously. KO chose the former. As I've said from the start of this, KO's best option would have been to leave graciously. I would have earned some fraction of his salary and would have enabled him to have some say in the narrative. He chose not to do that. That's not exile, that is short term and immature decision making.
Who's next, Ray Allen for making the phone call?
You realize that KO was fired for a repeated pattern of NCAA violations and lying about them, right? The straw that appears to have broke the camels back, was paying for illegal travel, meals and lodging for two players to attend an illegal (in the NCAA sense) training session and then lying to both the administration and the NCAA about it. That was only going end up one way, with Kevin losing his job. I know you know that, though. Your decision to consistently omit it speaks to credibility on your posts on the topic.

Reaction Score
As a coach, he was not responsible for fund raising. Period, so no relevance there. There were 2 sides involved in the crap throwing. AD decided to go THAT route, not KO. I am aware of all the ALLEGATIONS up to this point. The NCAA charges are only that up to this point, He says it is not true. We'll see how that plays out. Until then, my credibility remains intact.

Reaction Score
As a coach, he was not responsible for fund raising. Period, so no relevance there. There were 2 sides involved in the crap throwing. AD decided to go THAT route, not KO. I am aware of all the ALLEGATIONS up to this point. The NCAA charges are only that up to this point, He says it is not true. We'll see how that plays out. Until then, my credibility remains intact.
"That" route. You mean the route where they fired him for breaking the terms of his contract. Don't want to get fired, don't break the contract. It's really simple.

CL82

Reaction Score
Please quote my post so I know you've replied.
As a coach, he was not responsible for fund raising. Period, so no relevance there.
Said differently, you have no basis for statement that KO could fund raise enough to offset his salary
There were 2 sides involved in the crap throwing. AD decided to go THAT route, not KO.
Nope, KO decided to smear our beloved HOF coach (well coaches actually, he also took a shot at Geno) in the hope that UConn would pay him off to avoid a smear campaign. How did UConn smear KO? By stating that he was discharged for cause? He was. By complying with the FOIA request made by KO's representation? That was mandated. KO and his representation making poor decisions is on their head, not UConns.
The NCAA charges are only that up to this point, He says it is not true. We'll see how that plays out. Until then, my credibility remains intact.
Not so much. When you list only the Ray Allen "allegation" not the all the other "allegations" you are cherry picking. Expect me to call you out on that every time you do it. (FWIW, there is no doubt that players received food, lodging and transportation to an illegal out of state training session. You realize that right?)

CL82

Reaction Score
"That" route. You mean the route where they fired him for breaking the terms of his contract. Don't want to get fired, for cause, don't break the contract. It's really simple.
Agree with the addition above.

Reaction Score
Please quote my post so I know you've replied. Said differently, you have no basis for statement that KO could fund raise enough to offset his salary
Nope, KO decided to smear our beloved HOF coach (well coaches actually, he also took a shot at Geno) in the hope that UConn would pay him off to avoid a smear campaign. How did UConn smear KO? By stating that he was discharged for cause? He was. By complying with the FOIA request made by KO's representation? That was mandated. KO and his representation making poor decisions is on their head, not UConns.
Not so much. When you list only the Ray Allen "allegation" not the all the other "allegations" you are cherry picking. Expect me to call you out on that every time you do it. (FWIW, there is no doubt that players received food, lodging and transportation to an illegal out of state training session. You realize that right?)
I cherry picked Ray allen because a)he was the booster mentioned in the investigation and b)he is having his number go up in the rafters in Storrs. I am not assuming this was orchestrated KO...I mean JC claimed no knowledge during his investigation.

CL82

Reaction Score
I cherry picked Ray allen because a)he was the booster mentioned in the investigation and b)he is having his number go up in the rafters in Storrs. I am not assuming this was orchestrated KO...I mean JC claimed no knowledge during his investigation.
But you realize the Ray Allen call alone wasn't the reason for KO's dismissal, right?

Reaction Score
But you realize the Ray Allen call alone wasn't the reason for KO's dismissal, right?
I do. I also realize you are not calling me out. You have taken your position from day one, as have I. When you called me out was when you (incorrectly) stated the reason I left a different message board when I started posing here. THAT was factually incorrect. You were wrong then, we'll see who is this time. The cards have been dealt. Let's see who has the better hand.

CL82

Reaction Score
I do. I also realize you are not calling me out. You have taken your position from day one, as have I. When you called me out was when you (incorrectly) stated the reason I left a different message board when I started posing here. THAT was factually incorrect. You were wrong then, we'll see who is this time. The cards have been dealt. Let's see who has the better hand.
You take things pretty personally, don't you?

In any event I note that you didn't answer my question. I'll restate it for you:

You realize the Ray Allen call alone wasn't the reason for KO's dismissal, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom