UConn Arkansas | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only 1 of their top 7 rotation guys was on the team last year,
Devo and Kamani Johnson are both in the rotation. Kamani hasn't gotten many minutes this year but Muss has started him the last two games. While he isn't the biggest he will outwork anybody on the court. 10 Offensive rebounds the last two games and a huge putback against Kansas all while playing against much bigger and better talent and he's done it while playing 12 min against Illinois and 19 against Kansas.

Ricky Council played for Witchita State on their tournament teams so he's got experience.

New rotations are nothing new. Go look at our year over year rosters since Muss has gotten here. We only ever have 1 or 2 rotation players return. The rest either go pro or if they don't produce they are sent packing.

Last year we only had 2 returning rotation players. Notae and Williams
2020-2021 season we lost every rotation player and replaced it and made the Elite 8

There is a reason Charles Barkley said on Saturday, "Eric Musselman is one of the best coaches in the country."

Anybody saying this game is a walk in the park like Iona and Saint Marys is in for a rude awakening.

This will be the most physical team you've played all year and you'll remember playing them.

As i've said this will be a tight game much like the Kansas game. This isn't a blowout game.

Reaction Score
Devo and Kamani Johnson are both in the rotation. Kamani hasn't gotten many minutes this year but Muss has started him the last two games. While he isn't the biggest he will outwork anybody on the court. 10 Offensive rebounds the last two games and a huge putback against Kansas all while playing against much bigger and better talent and he's done it while playing 12 min against Illinois and 19 against Kansas.

Ricky Council played for Witchita State on their tournament teams so he's got experience.

New rotations are nothing new. Go look at our year over year rosters since Muss has gotten here. We only ever have 1 or 2 rotation players return. The rest either go pro or if they don't produce they are sent packing.

Last year we only had 2 returning rotation players. Notae and Williams
2020-2021 season we lost every rotation player and replaced it and made the Elite 8

There is a reason Charles Barkley said on Saturday, "Eric Musselman is one of the best coaches in the country."

Anybody saying this game is a walk in the park like Iona and Saint Marys is in for a rude awakening.

This will be the most physical team you've played all year and you'll remember playing them.

As i've said this will be a tight game much like the Kansas game. This isn't a blowout game.

My man, thanks for the comments and hope we have a good game. But we ain't playing, so I will not be leaving this game with any physical bruises (unless I throw the remote and it comes back and hits me in the face) or memories caused by the team's physicality.

Reaction Score
I've watched Arkansas and I'm thinking this game favors Cling Kong more than Sanogo. Adama should get his points, but its' not going to be a free for all like the first two games. The mitchells are stout frontcourt players who won't be moved easily. Sanogo should play more of a decoy this game.

Donovan should get 20 mins in this game because his presence is so game altering. Opposing guards who drive the paint are taken aback how well this 7-2 freshman moves. There isn't really adequate preparation for Clingan until you are in-game.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I get Musselman confused with Ben Braum. The former Cal coach.

Ben Braun, wow

starwars-obi-wan.gif

Reaction Score
I've watched Arkansas and I'm thinking this game favors Cling Kong more than Sanogo. Adama should get his points, but its' not going to be a free for all like the first two games. The mitchells are stout frontcourt players who won't be moved easily. Sanogo should play more of a decoy this game.

Donovan should get 20 mins in this game because his presence is so game altering. Opposing guards who drive the paint are taken aback how well this 7-2 freshman moves. There isn't really adequate preparation for Clingan until you are in-game.

That scatterplot is amazing. He’s all alone

Reaction Score
They're the rare team with guards as big as ours.

Thankfully they cant shoot, so we should be able to just out-efficient them like Alabama did twice.

Clingan will be indispensable in this game guarding the paint.
Wear them down with our depth

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Look at the box score agaisnt Kansas. Top two scorers 2 of 10 from three and the team 3 of 15. This team plays like the 90’s in the NBA. All iso and dribble penetration. Don’t think he will but if ever there was a game to play zone this is it. Arkansas is truly a bad shooting team. But I do think up and down the roster they are more athletic than us. But we have better basketball players.

Reaction Score
If Mojo is a thing. The Mojo over there is terrible. They must still think Alterique is running the point. Here’s a real quote:

“On a neutral court we are at least 15 points better than UConn”
:). :). :)

caw

Reaction Score
So this game we go double big, play a zone and no high hedges, right? I mean they average as a team about what Jackson does. Let that settle in. Five men in the paint at all times dare them all to shoot. /s

Reaction Score
Robbie Hummel just said that UCONN has to load up the elbows & boxes with players and dare Arkansas to convert 3s. Deny the paint with bodies and make them do something they are bad at (they make (5) 3-point shots a game)

This is the smartest way to play it. Clingan and Sonago just need to be rim protectors. If they give in to the temptation to come out high and get screened off Arkansas guards are fast enough to put them in a foul or let them score spot.

One thing this team hasn't shown to be most of the year is a jumpshot team. They did early and they have hit some the last two games but the majority of points are going at the rim. Kansas went to a zone when we were coming back and they quickly got out of it because we ate them up.

Muss and Hurley both have 5 days to prep for each other and I am excited to watch it all play out.

I'll say this, whoever wins this game is going to the Final 4.

Reaction Score
This is the smartest way to play it. Clingan and Sonago just need to be rim protectors. If they give in to the temptation to come out high and get screened off Arkansas guards are fast enough to put them in a foul or let them score spot.

One thing this team hasn't shown to be most of the year is a jumpshot team. They did early and they have hit some the last two games but the majority of points are going at the rim. Kansas went to a zone when we were coming back and they quickly got out of it because we ate them up.

Muss and Hurley both have 5 days to prep for each other and I am excited to watch it all play out.

Jay Wright believes the winner of the West Region takes the ring home.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I kind of believe that both Gonzaga and UCLA deserve a bit of respect. While I believe that both of us can beat them, I don't see a walkover. Whoever makes it out of his regional will have accomplished quite a bit (I can see any of the four advancing).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I kind of believe that both Gonzaga and UCLA deserve a bit of respect. While I believe that both of us can beat them, I don't see a walkover. Whoever makes it out of his regional will have accomplished quite a bit (I can see any of the four advancing).
I believe that whoever wins the right side of the bracket will win the title.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Also both those teams are playing in a location where they will have a really decent fan advantage on Saturday, either way.

Reaction Score
Also both those teams are playing in a location where they will have a really decent fan advantage on Saturday, either way.

Gonzaga won't. We played them in the Sweet 16 last year in San Francisco and Hog fans outnumbered them.

UCLA will have a good fan showing.

Arkansas fans travel well and I'm assuming Uconn will have a big crowd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020
Top Bottom