UConn Arkansas | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Greg Peterson: Connecticut has a huge advantage on the boards, leading the nation in road rebound rate while Arkansas does not have a single player averaging more than 5.5 rebounds per game. Arkansas ranks 319th in the country in 3-point shooting percentage, going against a UConn bunch that is 61st in the country in 3-point shooting percentage away from home. The Huskies are ninth in the country in points scored per possession on offense and 13th in points allowed per possession, with each of their top four scorers shooting at least 37% from 3-point range. UConn enters 20-9-1 against the spread this season as a favorite of more than three points.

Reaction Score
Greg Peterson: Connecticut has a huge advantage on the boards, leading the nation in road rebound rate while Arkansas does not have a single player averaging more than 5.5 rebounds per game. Arkansas ranks 319th in the country in 3-point shooting percentage, going against a UConn bunch that is 61st in the country in 3-point shooting percentage away from home. The Huskies are ninth in the country in points scored per possession on offense and 13th in points allowed per possession, with each of their top four scorers shooting at least 37% from 3-point range. UConn enters 20-9-1 against the spread this season as a favorite of more than three points.
DOOMED!

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks Sanogo/Clingan will be allowed to plant themselves in the middle of the paint all game, they're mistaken. It's going to be a team defensive effort with help at the rim against the slip and rolls when they draw our bigs out to the 3 point line. There was a few times last game where our bigs got stuck in no-man's land which led to dunks at the rim.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
748499871fc110bb61280d957793ef6a.jpeg

Reaction Score
i’m besmirched and befuddled

102-67

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hog fan here. It should be a good game. No bad blood with UConn. Only time I've hung out with a Uconn fan, he was classy as hell.
Should be an amazing game. This game scares me. You guys are hot right now. Can’t wait to see what happens.

Reaction Score
I've said I thought the first two games for UConn were a lock and that you would methodically pull away in the second half. I think tonight's game will be the toughest challenge to make the Final Four. Arkansas' frenetic style of play has a way of taking take out of their rhythm. Connecticut is the more talented team, but this is the potential bump in the road.

Win tonight and it's expect a double digit win over Gonzaga and especially UCLA. Neither of them can match you physically. Good luck.

Reaction Score
I've said I thought the first two games for UConn were a lock and that you would methodically pull away in the second half. I think tonight's game will be the toughest challenge to make the Final Four. Arkansas' frenetic style of play has a way of taking take out of their rhythm. Connecticut is the more talented team, but this is the potential bump in the road.

Win tonight and it's expect a double digit win over Gonzaga and especially UCLA. Neither of them can match you physically. Good luck.
I agree that Arkansas will be the toughest challenger to this point, but I also think UConn has proven their flexibility to match and or adapt to opponent’s style of play

Reaction Score

Razorbacks podcast analysis on how Arkansas matches up with UConn (first 12 minutes or so). Very good at keeping it real and looking at the analytics. Bottom line is that they have tremendous respect for UConn, both historically and this year's team, but they are also confident they have ways to win this game.

Reaction Score
I’m so pumped up for tonight. We’re the better team, but we need to stop Arkansas from penetrating into the paint. I’m having flashbacks of the St. John’s game in Hartford where we gave up a ton of easy layups. Under any other scenario, I think we win this game.

Reaction Score
If they wanted to, they could key on our perimeter guys (and have the personnel to shut down Newton and Hawkins 1 on 1) and force Sanogo to beat them inside. Can Sanogo go for 30? Would that be enough?

Reaction Score
Sanogo doesn't need 30 if Clingan gets 15, and Sanogo gets 20 or 25. This probably calls for minutes using double bigs.

I haven't followed their max. game points (at the best games,) but does anyone the highest combined point they have had?

Maybe, the combined numbers have to be higher, IDK, but that might be a formula if they limit our guards.

Reaction Score
I believe this game comes down to the way the refs call it. If they allow Arkansas’ guards to clutch and grab Hawkins without blowing the whistle, we’re going to be facing some headwinds. I think free throw shooting could determine the outcome, which means the good guys need to be close to perfect. Really want to see Donovan gather quickly and dunk putbacks because I don’t want him to leave free throw points on the table. Same with Diarra. If he’s playing minutes, he needs to think pass first every single offensive possession.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Ed Cooley is a Fraud and a Clown. He is unique in one way, he is the man who brought UConn and Providence fans in agreement.

Thanks Ed. We may put you up for a Nobel peace prize. Because that's the only thing you'll ever win again. Fraud

c.jpg

Reaction Score
I keep getting the sense that their strengths play to our weaknesses. They pressure the ball and don't allow penetration, which is something we have struggled with. They also rely on dribble penetration in their offense, something that we have struggled to stop, but they also take and make a ton of 12-15 foot pull-ups, which can negate Clingan's rim protection. It will be interesting to see how we decide to defend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom