UCONN Arizona Strategy | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UCONN Arizona Strategy

Reaction Score
What in this seasons history would make people think UConn is going to use less of the 3 guard lineup. Even if KO starts with a big lineup with TL at the three I think KO will play the 3 guard lineup for the majority of the game. I'm not a fan of it but obviously KO is.
Without a reserve,
a three guard is crazy.Putting your best players on the court is mutually exclusive from putting your best 40 team on the floor.
What we need to see from this game is a freshman either a 3/4 to start making shots.
To stop UConn all you have to do know is identify Larrier & Vital and even if JA beats his man his only option becomes shooting a mid range jumper against a helping big
One more shooter at a wing .gives JA two more options as then even the 5 becomes part of the offense.
Having 5 with good hands is useless unless you can get them the ball.
JA has riven that if you are open he will find you
Last year his
195 assists in 32 games is in the top 5 -10 all time for a UCONN guard.
All our shooters get that little bit of space that makes the difference between a made and missed shot.
Intensity on defense that will lead to better team D. it’s been lacking
If we can keep it close for 38 minutes with a fresh JA
It can be done but even if we can’t growth is the key
You have to box if they are playing volleyball on the O glass it will be ugly.
IF we accomplish these things this becomes a much better team going forward win or lose.

Reaction Score
strategy: don't suck and try to keep it close

AZ is not as physical as MSU, so if we come out fired up like the first half of that game it could be interesting.
Gilbert was a thorn in the MSU offense and we had 10 steals against them almost all in the first 30 minutes.
I would suspect they won’t have that done to them again this year ,the bad news is we no longer have Gilbert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom