UConn Announces New Visual Identity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Announces New Visual Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It definitely does retain the block "C" of the old days and Edsall days to a good degree. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes on helmets. This is as distinct as it can get.

Reaction Score
No its not a nickname anymore. We are now officaly UConn is all but formal documents.

“As an institution, for years we have made use of ‘UConn’ as an institutional nickname of sorts,” Herbst said. “Recognizing that there is great value and recognition in this unique identifier, going forward, we are adopting ‘UConn’ as one primary visual wordmark for the entire institution.”

Yeah I saw what she said in her speech and the changes they're making, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. UConn will always be the nickname of the University of Connecticut in my eyes.

Reaction Score
I would've rehashed the 1959 design and gone a step further:

scooby_doo_2.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
IMO Sleek = Oregon State Beaver in Husky form. People here are gonna go ape . I'm cool with it though.

Sorry, the beaver sucks. I wouldn't even guess it was a beaver if I didn't already know.
130304_beaver_logo+2013_660.jpg

IMO, this is the best of the Husky logos I've found used by any school. I say let's steal it.
qhg3htfltgn5jfx54nfpnfugt.gif

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
IMO Sleek = Oregon State Beaver in Husky form. People here are gonna go ape . I'm cool with it though.
Agreed on both fronts. I think OSU sheds a lot of light.

Reaction Score
The 1959 logo has a lazy eye. It's kinda hilarious.

Eh, I disagree. Actually I've been wanting them to move back towards the "Connecticut" name for a long time now. We're a flagship state university with increasingly impressive academics. We shouldn't always be referred to by a nickname. And yeah, it's still totally a nickname.

Disagree. UCONN is a nickname that is more marketable as a brand to the rest of the country. Connecticut is simply less appealing to anyone that isn't a CT native or an alum. Think UCLA.

Reaction Score
Any chance the April 18 unveiling of the new husky is part of a bigger announcement of a B1G/ACC invite ??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And I favor retaining the new April 18th logo and our new nickname, the UConn Blue Drapes.
Because if you are playing UConn "It's curtains for you!"

Reaction Score
Anybody good at illustrating a mascot morph? I would like to morph our current Husky logo and Johnathan the mascot's head, tweak it with a little cartoonish magic and a touch of Nike and see what kinda sleek looking Husky comes out...or I could just wait another two weeks.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Anybody good at illustrating a mascot morph? I would like to morph our current Husky logo and Johnathan the mascot's head, tweak it with a little cartoonish magic and a touch of Nike and see what kinda sleek looking Husky comes out...or I could just wait another two weeks.

funny-gif-dog-dancing-Husky.gif

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
if geno can get to the NC, they should let his ladies showcase the new logo on the national stage. his program has earned it...

I like where you're heads at but the reveal date has been advertised as 4/18. Knowing our marketing department they'll be pulling an all-nighter on the 17th to finalize this thing.

Reaction Score
I like where you're heads at but the reveal date has been advertised as 4/18. Knowing our marketing department they'll be pulling an all-nighter on the 17th to finalize this thing.

Ya have to admit they've stepped up their game w/the social media messaging and videos?
(not that the bar was very high previously in that regard)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Ya have to admit they've stepped up their game w/the social media messaging and videos?
(not that the bar was very high previously in that regard)

Not only will I admit that but I'd like to request as many videos that include HC Kevin Ollie as possible.

He is the future "face" of our athletic program and it's a face that I think represents us well.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a return to the NYG style "UCONN" football helmets. That or the new Jonathan.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Yea I'm thinking the same thing. I'm thinking maybe white helmets with the navy UCONN logo or the new Jonathan.

Reaction Score
Anyone else planning to attend the unveiling event? According to the video it's the 18th at 1:30 at Gampel. I am thinking about getting out of work early to go. Would love to see the new football and basketball jerseys in person, plus of course the logo.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The '60s dog is very Disney. Goofy with a gun.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The 1959 logo has a lazy eye. It's kinda hilarious.

Eh, I disagree. Actually I've been wanting them to move back towards the "Connecticut" name for a long time now. We're a flagship state university with increasingly impressive academics. We shouldn't always be referred to by a nickname. And yeah, it's still totally a nickname.

Cal doesn't seem to be suffering. Nor UCLA. It works because phonetically, UCONN is a word in its own right (Yukon). That's what makes it more memorable than say UMass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom