UConn Announces New Visual Identity | The Boneyard

UConn Announces New Visual Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New Primary UConn Logo:

uconn-new-logo.jpg

UConn’s new visual identity program will serve to unify and promote the University’s distinct institutional brand at a time when consistently presenting an image of excellence across the University has become vital, Herbst said.
“We need to broadcast who we are or we will waste away, as other very sophisticated and successful institutions dominate the public discourse and search for knowledge,” Herbst said during her address.

timeline-2002.jpg

Full Article

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I like the new wordmark - looks good.

They are going all-in on "UConn" and not "Connecticut", which I also think is a solid idea. It's no longer a nickname, it's the name.

Our primary colors will still be the same - blue and white, but they will use red, gray and "metallic" as accents. All good.

I expect that Nike will continue to standardize the uniforms across all sports - that's needed in a big way.

Reaction Score
I do like her line about the new husky not being frightening to children...I also don't have any recollection of the 1970s mascot. I remember the one labelled as 1960s but given that I didn't really follow UConn until the mid-70s, I have to question their dates...or maybe its like the Sixties...more state of mind than actual dates?

Reaction Score
I like the UConn logo a lot.

With respect to the "husky", she said it will be sleek...I wonder if it will be a full body dog, or at least not just a head shot?

Reaction Score
I love the new logo. Susan Herbst gets it. I can't imagine our prior administrations having the foresight to listen to Nike and recognize the power of the UCONN brand. This University is poised to excel like never before. Now, all we need is a little tweak in our CR! Want to bet against her?

Reactions: pj

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And I favor retaining the new April 18th logo and our new nickname, the UConn Blue Drapes.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've been flying a banner on the house for several years with that UCONN font across the bottom, it's the same one they use on the football field.

Reaction Score

With respect to the "husky", she said it will be sleek...I wonder if it will be a full body dog, or at least not just a head shot?

IMO Sleek = Oregon State Beaver in Husky form. People here are gonna go ape . I'm cool with it though.

Reaction Score
I am alot less nervous over the potential butchering of Jonathan after seeing the wordmark. I like it. No complaints at all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've been flying a banner on the house for several years with that UCONN font across the bottom, it's the same one they use on the football field.

Yep - it's UConnExtended font they created a few years back - kinda reminds me of this.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how quickly all the new merchandise will come into the UConn Co-op, Bobs stores, and all other stores in the state that have been carrying UConn stuff.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how quickly all the new merchandise will come into the UConn Co-op, Bobs stores, and all other stores in the state that have been carrying UConn stuff.
My brother said the Co-op has everything with the Jonathan logo 25% off. They are trying to clear all inventory.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Based on sleek and beautiful animal comments you have a valid point that it may be a full husky. But I hope it's just face.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sounds like a return to the NYG style "UCONN" football helmets. That or the new Jonathan.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The 1959 logo has a lazy eye. It's kinda hilarious.

I like the new wordmark - looks good.

They are going all-in on "UConn" and not "Connecticut", which I also think is a solid idea. It's no longer a nickname, it's the name.

Our primary colors will still be the same - blue and white, but they will use red, gray and "metallic" as accents. All good.

I expect that Nike will continue to standardize the uniforms across all sports - that's needed in a big way.

Eh, I disagree. Actually I've been wanting them to move back towards the "Connecticut" name for a long time now. We're a flagship state university with increasingly impressive academics. We shouldn't always be referred to by a nickname. And yeah, it's still totally a nickname.

Reaction Score
The 1959 logo has a lazy eye. It's kinda hilarious.

Eh, I disagree. Actually I've been wanting them to move back towards the "Connecticut" name for a long time now. We're a flagship state university with increasingly impressive academics. We shouldn't always be referred to by a nickname. And yeah, it's still totally a nickname.
No its not a nickname anymore. We are now officially UConn in all but formal documents.

“As an institution, for years we have made use of ‘UConn’ as an institutional nickname of sorts,” Herbst said. “Recognizing that there is great value and recognition in this unique identifier, going forward, we are adopting ‘UConn’ as one primary visual wordmark for the entire institution.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom