UConn and the 2024 NBA Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2024 NBA Draft

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere, but why did he opt out? You'd think he would pursue every possible opportunity to catch some eyes.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere, but why did he opt out? You'd think he would pursue every possible opportunity to catch some eyes.
His agent told him it was the best option for him, and based on what we've seen leading up to the draft I tend to agree. He had something like 15 private workouts with teams. Hopefully he gets drafted but either way he seems likely to end up with a 2 way deal from one of those teams

Reaction Score
I know noone on the board wants to have this happen, but I think Cam Spencer actually fits really well into Charlotte's system. Think he would get many more minutes there than some of the other franchises out there. I have a lot of faith in Charles Lee.
For the round 2 guys any landing spot is good, and a totality disjunctional org might actually have more opportunities for guys drafted in second round.

Reaction Score
Start it at 7:00 then. There is only 2 minutes between picks in the 2nd round. The entire draft and coverage could be 90 minutes and be over way before the debate.
the argument that teams want to spend more time on 2nd round picks due to the new CBA makes sense. the 2nd round would usually fly by with international stashes and college guys that wouldn't make a roster, if more of these guys are going to be on rosters on minimum deals then I get why teams would want more time to do their due diligence.

Reaction Score
This is getting so ridiculous.
Charlotte did everything they could to enhance Kemba's standing in the league and Kemba has stated that himself. He was an All Star while at Charlotte. His knees went bad and that's not on the organization.
Charlotte took a defective character in Bouk - the kid had serious behavior issues since early high school days and through his stay in Storrs. Their issue with Bouk was that the Charlotte organization was sold a bag of crap from everyone surrounding Bouk from his HS, AAU and UConn connections. Shame on them for failing to complete their due diligence. Charlotte didn't ruin Bouk - Bouk ruined Bouk and those close to Bouk who pushed him on while ignoring the negative signals added to the dilemma. The kid will step onto a court again, but it will be legal and not basketball.
Lamb had some success at Charlotte, but he played behind a few veterans and couldn't replace them. He left to get more PT. He was never going to be a starter there and most likely it would have been the case with most all NBA teams - he was a tweener and good NBA back-up.
Charlotte has a new regime now so you all can stop this complete nonsense. Would it been better to end up in Detroit?
Yes, because Detroit has a history of winning. Charlotte has no history of winning and for a long time their front office was trash. So that's where the sentiment about going to Charlotte comes from. I feel the same. I'd rather our guys go to other organizations that have better front office, better coaches, better development for home players. For example, I'm happy Castle is going to the Spurs. Why? History of winning, great coaches, great development. Period.

Reaction Score
Newton will be a steal for somebody. Much better than he’s projecting. Kid is a winner and competitor that finishes…underrated intangible quality. Cam might not have the perfect physical specs but he’s another IQ gamer that could be John Stockton like. Go get’’em guys.

Reaction Score
Funny enough I saw a tweet from a draft guy in early June saying Newton would be this drafts Andrew Nembhard, now he's picked by the Pacers

Reaction Score
This marks the first time since 2006 that UConn has had at least 4 players drafted in a draft. We had 5 then, 4 first rounders and a second rounder. This is also the fourth straight year with having a player drafted.
Hurley has things lined up to keep this going for a while !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom