UConn and the 2024 NBA Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2024 NBA Draft

Reaction Score
So Dan Hurley has turned:
  • 3 star Christian Vital into AAC 1st team
  • Unranked Isaiah Whaley into BE DPOY
  • 4 star scoring G James Bouknight into a lottery pick
  • Mid major transfer G RJ Cole into BE 1st Team
  • Mid major transfer F Tyrese Martin into an NBA draft pick (I know, I know…)
  • 4 star sharpshooter Jordan Hawkins into a lottery pick
  • 4 star low post big Adama Sanogo into a 2 way contract
  • 4 star (I don’t even know how to describe him) Andre Jackson into an NBA draft pick
  • 5 star defensive PG Steph Castle into an NBA lottery pick
  • 4 star rim running and rim protecting C Donovan Clingan into an NBA lottery pick
With 2 more guys we’re hoping for tomorrow. And imo 4-5 guys on the current roster that will play in the NBA one day that span from PG-PF

Why wouldn’t you want to play for this man??

Reaction Score
Sucks that they gotta wait until tomorrow, NBA draft should still be all in one night
And if they're going to stretch the draft to 2 days then why the heck are they doing the 2nd round at 4:00 tomorrow? Who is going to be watching at that time?

According to Silver the teams asked that it be 2 nights because 2nd round picks are way more valuable than they used to be, and the teams wanted more time after round 1 to evaluate what's happened, what their needs are, different options, etc.

And the time is because of the Pres debate obv.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just glad none of our guys are in Charlotte.
This is getting so ridiculous.
Charlotte did everything they could to enhance Kemba's standing in the league and Kemba has stated that himself. He was an All Star while at Charlotte. His knees went bad and that's not on the organization.
Charlotte took a defective character in Bouk - the kid had serious behavior issues since early high school days and through his stay in Storrs. Their issue with Bouk was that the Charlotte organization was sold a bag of crap from everyone surrounding Bouk from his HS, AAU and UConn connections. Shame on them for failing to complete their due diligence. Charlotte didn't ruin Bouk - Bouk ruined Bouk and those close to Bouk who pushed him on while ignoring the negative signals added to the dilemma. The kid will step onto a court again, but it will be legal and not basketball.
Lamb had some success at Charlotte, but he played behind a few veterans and couldn't replace them. He left to get more PT. He was never going to be a starter there and most likely it would have been the case with most all NBA teams - he was a tweener and good NBA back-up.
Charlotte has a new regime now so you all can stop this complete nonsense. Would it been better to end up in Detroit?

Reaction Score
So seeing how the first round played out, any thoughts on if Karaban would have been drafted in the top 30?

I could see him having been in play at 26/28/30 but he’s also pretty different than all three players taken. Not sure I’d have taken Dunn at 28, or ever.
I’m surprised Kolek and Filipowski are still on the board. I don’t think he would have gone above them or Scheierman. And the Knicks seemed intent on stashing a guy and not using both picks on prospects ready to help them right away.

Reaction Score
Charlotte did everything they could to enhance Kemba's standing in the league and Kemba has stated that himself. He was an All Star while at Charlotte. His knees went bad and that's not on the organization.
Charlotte took a defective character in Bouk - the kid had serious behavior issues since early high school days and through his stay in Storrs. Their issue with Bouk was that the Charlotte organization was sold a bag of crap from everyone surrounding Bouk from his HS, AAU and UConn connections. Shame on them for failing to complete their due diligence. Charlotte didn't ruin Bouk - Bouk ruined Bouk and those close to Bouk who pushed him on while ignoring the negative signals added to the dilemma. The kid will step onto a court again, but it will be legal and not basketball.
Lamb had some success at Charlotte, but he played behind a few veterans and couldn't replace them. He left to get more PT. He was never going to be a starter there and most likely it would have been the case with most all NBA teams - he was a tweener and good NBA back-up.
Charlotte has a new regime now so you all can stop this complete nonsense. Would it been better to end up in Detroit?
One word

MOJO

Reaction Score
Charlotte was 21-61 last year, 27-55 the year, a decent 43-39 in 21-22, but 33-39, 23-42, 39-43, 36-46 TWICE.

It is not a good franchise by any definition of success and they haven't contended in over 20yrs since 2001-02. They may be turning it around organizationally, but there is no evidence on the court yet - they are basically BCU of the NBA.

Reaction Score
No Charlotte ever! They have UConn player curse there!

Reaction Score
Glad Clingan and Castle avoided Charlotte. Hoping Newton and Spencer get drafted tonight.
I know noone on the board wants to have this happen, but I think Cam Spencer actually fits really well into Charlotte's system. Think he would get many more minutes there than some of the other franchises out there. I have a lot of faith in Charles Lee.

Reaction Score

I'm not a draft guru by any stretch of the imagination - coming out of college I thought Curry and Harden would be role players - but Tristen seems like one of the more consistently slept on college players in recent memory. Especially considering some of the other upperclassmen who were getting first round buzz.

Reaction Score
I'm not a draft guru by any stretch of the imagination - coming out of college I thought Curry and Harden would be role players - but Tristen seems like one of the more consistently slept on college players in recent memory. Especially considering some of the other upperclassmen who were getting first round buzz.
His shooting is a problem. At age 23, he had to hit better than 32%. Even if there are a lot of late clock shots in there, it wasn't extreme volume or anything. His career best mark is 36.6% from 3 in 5 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom