UConn and the 2019 AAC Baseball Championship Tournament | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 AAC Baseball Championship Tournament

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rice was up 4-1 on Southern Miss in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and no one on.

Guess who won??? SHOOT ME

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They drag this tournament out longer than a Netflix show with a flimsy premise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would you rather have last year's condensed tournament where half of the games were played on a glorified high school field?

um play 4 games today?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11 you crack me up. Does looking for something to complain about motivate you to get out of bed in the morning?

baseball is a game where the championship should be contested by teams that play every day. it should reward a deep roster that gets contributions from many players.

but really i just wanted to make the netflix joke.

Reaction Score
baseball is a game where the championship should be contested by teams that play every day. it should reward a deep roster that gets contributions from many players.

but really i just wanted to make the netflix joke.
It's a fair reason. Counterpoint, if you lose at any point you're in that scenario playing a game every day or 2 games in 1 day so for most teams they'll have to use the whole roster to make any kind of run

Reaction Score
This is one of Feole Canole's most important starts. If he dominates for 7+ innings, that does our bullpen a huge favor.

Any win is huge, because it gives the bullpen a day off to recover. But saving both 9 innings Friday and more than 2 today, as I said yesterday, sets you up as well as you can be set up for the potential of 3 games in 24 hours for the championship. And, with our #2 and #3 starters both ready to go over the weekend, puts us in a much better position than anyone else will be in.

Reaction Score
Checking in on other conference tournaments. The ACC format with the winner of each of the 4 three team pools earning a semi final spot is kind of screwy. By the end of the 4th game of the tournament Louisville and Clemson were knocked out as the were both upset by BC in their pool. Louisville plays Clemson today in a meaningless game, which is very weird for a "tournament" game. BC has 2 days off before playing in the semis.

The format limits the teams to a maximum of 4 games (2 pool games, semis and finals) where a loser bracket team like ECU could end up playing 6 games. I guess a decision was made by the ACC to limit the number of games and strain on the pitching staffs leading up to the CWS regionals. It works nicely if there are no upsets, but BC messed things up with a couple of wins.

Reaction Score
I love morning baseball. Big Ten games yesterday were really good. All top 4 seeds lost.
That's a cool stat, but not as impressive as it sounds. Going into the final game of the season every on of the top 5 seeds had a chance to win the season title and the seedings were pretty much determined by head to head. No one in the B10 separated themselves from the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom