UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games)

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Wallace will stay in. No news and is good news Guapo

Reaction Score
They keep compacting the schedule, presumably worried about weather Friday and over the weekend. The more they compact it, the more they favor teams with deeper staffs. I don't think that's us.

Nothing you can do but go out and play. Obviously, Gardner giving us at least 6 innings later and the team scoring enough runs to give Penders some breathing room when he goes to the pen is the way you help yourselves here. And trying to go 4-0, rather than having to win it by playing 6.

But first you win this one. Two more outs to get.

Reaction Score
Tulane imploded. ECU now up 5-4.

Edit: 6-4

(5 run 8th inning for ECU)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Really good, clean game in all 3 phases. We will win a lot of tournament games playing like this.

UCF was a team with deep pitching, so it is favorable to us that they were booted early.

Reaction Score
Not having to use Poulin probably means he can go more than an inning in Game 2, if necessary.

Reaction Score
Winning the Wichita game is key in that it reduces by one the number of games it will take to win the championship or get to the finals. Win and we are 2 wins away and play no more than 3 more. Lose and we need 4 more wins and have to play 4 more games to win the tournament.

I think they will do whatever it takes to win the nightcap and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Unless we're behind the only two pitchers Gardner is handing the ball to I would guess are Cate and PJ. In a perfect world, they only have to use one of Cate and PJ and not both.

Reaction Score
With Gardner, Kersten, Colby, PJ, Cate, Simeone, CJ, Holmes, Dan and limited usage on Wallace, UConn is in very good shape

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if/how they use Cate. I would assume he still feels good. My thought is don't use him unless it's in the championship game. He may be able to give us 3-4 (maybe 5) solid innings. If not, get him ready for the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
In other CT baseball news.....Columbia won the Ivy League Championship Series, taking the first two games in the best-of-three series. After winning 4-0 yesterday, the Lions won this afternoon, 2-1, in 15-innings.

nadav

Reaction Score
We get their ‘ace’ Codi Heuer. 6-5 on the year with a 4.12 ERA

Reaction Score
O.K., so now I've seen the revised schedule. There are no games tomorrow (thursday), and the two teams to get to 2-0 won't play Friday either according to the AAC's website. That means PJ can certainly go at least 2 innings, and probably a third if we're protecting a lead. And because a win gets us 2 days off, it certainly means Cate is available for at least 2 innings today, knowing he can still come back and give you more than that presumably on Saturday or Sunday.

The two days off makes the WSU game unbelievably huge for us.

nadav

Reaction Score
O.K., so now I've seen the revised schedule. There are no games tomorrow (thursday), and the two teams to get to 2-0 won't play Friday either according to the AAC's website. That means PJ can certainly go at least 2 innings, and probably a third if we're protecting a lead. And because a win gets us 2 days off, it certainly means Cate is available for at least 2 innings today, knowing he can still come back and give you more than that presumably on Saturday or Sunday.

The two days off makes the WSU game unbelievably huge for us.
That doesn't seem to jive with what they were saying on the broadcast. It's somewhat likely that they were confused, but it sounded like we would play tomorrow. Win or lose vs the Shockers.

nadav

Reaction Score
That doesn't seem to jive with what they were saying on the broadcast. It's somewhat likely that they were confused, but it sounded like we would play tomorrow. Win or lose vs the Shockers.
Does this go single elimination at semis or the final?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom