UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games)

Reaction Score
Weather pattern already screwing w/ the Tourney set up.

Today’s Houston/Tulane game delayed till first pitch @ 14:45

And 2:45 is still earlier than when the ECU/UCF game was originally supposed to start.

Reaction Score
Schedule Changes For American Athletic Conference Baseball Championship

>>All of the games originally slated for Thursday, May 24, have been moved to Wednesday, May 23, putting six games on the Wednesday schedule. Games will run concurrently at 9 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. ET from both Spectrum Field and Robin Roberts Field, which is located in the complex adjacent to Spectrum Field.<<

Wednesday, May 23

at Spectrum Field (American Digital Network)

Game 3 – No. 7 Wichita State (34-19-1) vs. No. 2 USF (32-18-1)................................................... 9 a.m.
Game 4 – No. 6 Cincinnati (28-26) vs. No. 3 UConn (32-18-1)............................................... 12:30 p.m.
Game 8 – Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4............................................................................. 4 p.m.

at Robin Roberts Field
Game 5 – UCF (35-20) vs. Loser of Game 2.............................................................................................. 9 a.m.
Game 7 – ECU (40-15) vs. Winner of Game 2.................................................................................. 12:30 p.m.
Game 6 – Loser of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 4................................................................................... 4 p.m.

Reaction Score
Holy Green Wave... Tulane up 6-1 on Houston after putting up a 5 spot in T2.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Mason Feole will start one of the games tomorrow. I wonder if they will start Colby Dunlop rather than move up Kersten or Gardner up a couple days and give them more rest.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Mason Feole will start one of the games tomorrow. I wonder if they will start Colby Dunlop rather than move up Kersten or Gardner up a couple days and give them more rest.
I’d love to see 4-5 inning of Kersten as Colby still scares me some

Reaction Score
I’d love to see 4-5 inning of Kersten as Colby still scares me some

Chris Jones during the East Carolina series was talking about Dunlop getting an early start to keep the rest of the starters more on schedule. But if UConn wins two games tomorrow, they would not have to play again until Saturday, so the whole bullpen would get a full two days rest. Thinking that way, I'm liking the idea of giving Kersten the start.

Reaction Score
Houston joins UCF in the Loser’s bracket.

Tulane shuts them down 11-6 after a B9 rally from 11-2 down

UCF is looking like a team on the bubble. They could probably use another win to help secure themselves an NCAA tourney at large bid. I suspect Houston is ok by virtue of their first place regular season finish in the AAC, but even they could probably be more comfortable with another win.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Is Houston a lock as regular season champ? Even if they go 0-2 in the tournament.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The auto bid isn't for the tournament champ?

Reaction Score
The article is from last year when Houston won the AAC tourney.

Yup... but they are the regular season champ regardless of how the tourney plays out.

Reaction Score
D1Baseball thinks Houston is firmly in the NCAA tourney:

>>American Athletic Conference (5 total bids)
SAFELY IN: Connecticut, East Carolina, South Florida, Houston

ON THE BUBBLE (IN): UCF

ON THE BUBBLE (OUT): None

No change from last week. All five of these teams look like pretty safe bets for at-large spots. Houston has a bubblish No. 47 RPI, but in reality that RPI should be just fine when combined with its regular-season conference title and its 12-10 record against the top 50, highlighted by a road sweep at ECU and another series win at UConn. UCF, meanwhile, bolstered its hopes with a two-game series sweep of Tulane last weekend, giving the Knights a bit of separation from the dreaded .500 conference mark. At 13-10 in the AAC with a No. 36 RPI, they’re in good shape, if just short of being an at-large lock.<<

Postseason Stock Report: May 22 | D1Baseball.com

Reaction Score
Chris Jones during the East Carolina series was talking about Dunlop getting an early start to keep the rest of the starters more on schedule. But if UConn wins two games tomorrow, they would not have to play again until Saturday, so the whole bullpen would get a full two days rest. Thinking that way, I'm liking the idea of giving Kersten the start.
Penders is nothing if not for a creature of habit. Can’t see him tinkering with what he has done for last several weeks. If we see anyone other than kersten, moose or mason start games I will be shocked.

Have to believe feole goes first to get in winners bracket and kersten in game 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom