UConn and stealing.. | The Boneyard

UConn and stealing..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seems like a sound sample size from which to make that connection.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Improper travel takes out a lot of people. Somehow being away from the office, they figure no one will notice. But the expense reimbursement pattern gets pretty obvious in short order. It gets ignored until it gets so excessive that mounting evidence and dollar amounts demand action.

The comp time was idiotic. 40 hours a week? That's the thing with theft or fraud, people always start small, a few bucks here and there, but over time they get so acclimated to the misappropriation they view it as claim of right or a perk rather than crime.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Improper travel takes out a lot of people. Somehow being away from the office, they figure no one will notice. But the expense reimbursement pattern gets pretty obvious in short order. It gets ignored until evidence mounts.

I always tell the younger guys in our office, the one thing more so than anything else that you can't do is fudge your expenses. Unforgivable.

In large companies with lots of red tape in HR you sometimes have to mount a case to terminate an employee based on their performance. Throw in a minor expense fudge though and someone had wanted you gone prior? See ya. So dumb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seems like a sound sample size from which to make that connection.

It’s two UConn related people nailed for similar offenses reported on the same day.

Any other connection you are assuming is in your head.

Reaction Score
And it's buttheads like this that make the rest of us miserable fighting insane computer programs that end up glitching the entire operation.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And here I thought this was going to be about AJ Price and that field hockey chick from last year...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a list of people who are currently in arrears of their library fines at UConn?

Because this is really interesting.
a0AFjZ.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm hearing that several UConn-related people have removed the tags from their mattresses.
I know a few that removed chairs Arjona.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good news for former basketball manager Lyddy - multiple instances of white collar theft probably improves his chances at CT politics.

And lessens the punishment. Can you imagine if he was selling weed?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Improper travel takes out a lot of people. Somehow being away from the office, they figure no one will notice. But the expense reimbursement pattern gets pretty obvious in short order. It gets ignored until it gets so excessive that mounting evidence and dollar amounts demand action.

It's got an iron clad paper trail. More proof everyone but me is stupid.

Expense reports are given a little leeway, I think, because 1) everybody makes mistakes on those expense reports and 2) policing every last little detail is a pain in the posterior (and a waste of man power).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It’s two UConn related people nailed for similar offenses reported on the same day.

Any other connection you are assuming is in your head.

Emmert's fault.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a list of people who are currently in arrears of their library fines at UConn?

Because this is really interesting.

Yes I imagine it’s less interesting to people who don’t live in CT that a 500k a year employee was systematically fleecing the state travelling around the world to bang his employee on the state’s dime.

Consider it a deposit on the next thread where someone out of state laments the falling levels of financial support from the state.

Reaction Score
Yes I imagine it’s less interesting to people who don’t live in CT that a 500k a year employee was systematically fleecing the state travelling around the world to bang his employee on the state’s dime.

Consider it a deposit on the next thread where someone out of state laments the falling levels of financial support from the state.

His salary was 500K a year? Good thing they have an opening, I'm gonna apply!

I know he stole 500K but if his actual salary was also 500K good lord!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
His salary was 500K a year? Good thing they have an opening, I'm gonna apply!

I know he stole 500K but if his actual salary was also 500K good lord!

Says it was 350 and he got another 150 for research.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Says it was 350 and he got another 150 for research.

Academics are such a rort. People laugh at the classic GWH quote--You wasted $150,000 on an education you coulda got for $1.50 in late fees at the public library--but it's never been more true than today, what with the available information/courses on the internet.

Reaction Score
It's got an iron clad paper trail. More proof everyone but me is stupid.

Expense reports are given a little leeway, I think, because 1) everybody makes mistakes on those expense reports and 2) policing every last little detail is a pain in the posterior (and a waste of man power).

This is why God invented computers. So that no man power would be wasted but yours (the report filer). And boy can those computer programs waste your time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom