UConn and 2017 AAC Baseball Tournament (Schedule Change) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

UConn and 2017 AAC Baseball Tournament (Schedule Change)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Let's hope every underdog has their dreams crushed this weekend (except Rice, Wayne Graham is the sexiest man alive and no college baseball postseason would be complete without him).

Reaction Score
Should be 5 out of 8 years to the NCAA? Seems like Penders gets the Ray Reid treatment from some on this board.

Yes, 5 out of 8 season for the NCAA tourney is correct assuming that they get picked, and at this point I'm expecting UConn to make it.

Another reason to love Penders. Including the 20o9 season, UConn has made the conference tournament Saturday semifinals every year since except one. The one exception was 2014, when the AAC changed the format away from the double elimination format, so that there was basically no conference semifinal (everyone hated the format for that tourney, so it was quickly changed back). So that is 8 years running, not including the oddly formatted 2014 tourney. I find that to be a remarkable record of success.

Reaction Score
Recap: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/052617aaa.html

>>Notes:
  • The Huskies have struck out 668 batters this season, setting a new program record for punch-outs. The Huskies passed their 658 total from last season.
  • Montgomerie recorded seven strikeouts and has 226 career strikeouts. Montgomerie is tied for fourth with Tim Norton (’06) in his UConn career. Montgomerie also has 116 K’s in 2017 ranking third in single-season history.
  • The Huskies have reached the semifinals of the conference tournament eight of the last nine seasons.<<
>>UConn (33-24) forces a rematch with No. 25 Houston Saturday, May 27 at 10 a.m. The Huskies need to beat the Cougars twice to advance to the championship game. Game 2 of the semifinals begins at 4:30 p.m. The games can be viewed on The American Digital Network and listened to on 91.7 FM WHUS/ fm.whus.org.<<

Reaction Score
Tomorrow:
No. 2 Houston vs. No. 3 UConn - 10 a.m ET
No. 8 East Carolina vs. No. 1 UCF - 1 p.m ET

Reaction Score
2 to make the final, 1 likely to lock in a berth in NCAA's

Several of us who have been following and posting about the team all season think UConn is now off the bubble and in good shape for making the NCAA tourney. This is supported by college baseball publications such as Baseball America who now rate UConn as being in the field of 64.

Reaction Score
Oh no, if needed tomorrow he will throw him another 3 innings.

I would be very surprised if Russell pitched tomorrow. Today was just an odd case, he had not pitched at all in the tournament yet. If Russell did not come in to pitch in the 6th, then it was very possible he might not pitch at all since UConn would be out of the tournament. And you had to know that once he came into the game, he was not coming out unless he got shelled.

Feole will no doubt start tomorrow. If UConn should win the 10 am game, my guess would be Rossomando starts the second game, but he will come out quickly if he shows signs of struggling. It will be one of those days where I would expect everyone will be available to pitch except for Cate, Montgomerie, and Russell. I definitely think Nepiarsky and Poulin will be available to pitch, especially in tight games.

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if Russell pitched tomorrow. Today was just an odd case, he had not pitched at all in the tournament yet. If Russell did not come in to pitch in the 6th, then it was very possible he might not pitch at all since UConn would be out of the tournament. And you had to know that once he came into the game, he was not coming out unless he got shelled.

Feole will no doubt start tomorrow. If UConn should win the 10 am game, my guess would be Rossomando starts the second game, but he will come out quickly if he shows signs of struggling. It will be one of those days where I would expect everyone will be available to pitch except for Cate, Montgomerie, and Russell. I definitely think Nepiarsky and Poulin will be available to pitch, especially in tight games.
That was how my dreamed played out and we won both games tomorrow with Nepiarsky coming in for relief in game 2 and picking up the victory and then my other dark horse gets the start in the Championship game and pitches us to victory.

Reaction Score
It seems like Baseball America and these guys have us in, as a 3 seed. Another win can't hurt.
Field Of 64 Projection: May 16 | D1Baseball.com Projected Field of 64 | BaseballAmerica.com

These are the most recent from a few days ago that were in @ucjoet's at large bid tracking thread:

D1Baseball.com - Field Of 64 Projection: May 23

Clemson SC:
1 Clemson
4 Mercer*
3 Connecticut
2 Vanderbilt

Also: UCF (2), USF (2), Houston (2)

BaseballAmerica.com Projected Field of 64 - May24

Lexington, KY:
Kentucky^
Baylor
Connecticut
Kent State*
*-Automatic bid; ^-Regional host

Last four in: Louisiana-Lafayette, Indiana, Miami, Mississippi.
First four out: Louisiana Tech, South Alabama, Missouri, Loyola Marymount.
Next four out: Florida Atlantic, South Carolina, Kansas, Charlotte

Also they have UCF hosting in Orlando (have to see if that changes), USF (2) and Houston (2).

>>Central Florida, the regular season champion in the American Athletic Conference, joins the hosting ranks but by the slimmest of margins. The Knights lost their first game of the AAC Tournament, an inauspicious start in Clearwater, Fla., and they will have to bounce back quickly to keep their hosting hopes alive. South Florida or Houston could supplant UCF if they win the AAC Tournament, as well as Arizona out of the Pac-12 or Oklahoma in the Big 12 Conference.<<

Also D1 posted an update (premium$) late this afternoon indicating UConn is in.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
13-40 Abeline Christian and 46-4 Oregon State are in a war right now - extra innings.

Reaction Score
UConn Baseball‏ @UConnBaseball 3m3 minutes ago
Huskies are the home team this morning. Wearing the creams! #HookC

DA1e3mNXsAAUgut.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member