UConn - All Warrior Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - All Warrior Team

Reaction Score
Okay, for the old timers. Toby Kimball took no prisoners and contributed a lot at both ends of the court. And Dan Hesford was a killer on D

Good info Cohen they were just ahead of my time so mine began with Cal Chapman, Staak, Foster and those days. Toby and Dans numbers are really good and look to tell the story of being battlers.

Reaction Score
I think you can make a case for the vast majority of the players that have come through the program. Don't recall many lightweights playing for Calhoun. Most of these guys had heart, were bangers, came to play.

Reaction Score
Charlie Villanueva,
what?? the guys on this list would have been over-performers by definition, not under performers, and charlie's hustle/production never matched his potential/hype.

>99'
moore
boat
caron
freeman
boone

6th man- adrien

Reaction Score
what?? the guys on this list would have been over-performers by definition, not under performers, and charlie's hustle/production never matched his potential/hype.

>99'
moore
boat
caron
freeman
boone

6th man- adrien
The reason I put Charlie on my list is the fact that he was tough and he played with attitude. In some of those down years that we recently had where it just seemed like we couldn’t match the toughness of teams like Cincinnati, I would take a guy like Charlie Villanueva in a second.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The reason I put Charlie on my list is the fact that he was tough and he played with attitude. In some of those down years that we recently had where it just seemed like we couldn’t match the toughness of teams like Cincinnati, I would take a guy like Charlie Villanueva in a second.
I could see that. Not tough in a scrappy sense but tough in a “you’re not gonna make him look like a punk” sense

Reaction Score
I'm partial to undercover tough guys who don't necessarily have to star, but are crucial in establishing identity.
Karl Hobbs
Chris Smith
John Gwynn
Corny Thompson
James Abromaitis
Ed Nelson
Josh Boone was a very underrated tough guy.

Reaction Score
I'm partial to undercover tough guys who don't necessarily have to star, but are crucial in establishing identity.
Karl Hobbs
Chris Smith
John Gwynn
Corny Thompson
James Abromaitis
Ed Nelson
Weren’t smith and Corny stars for there teams

Reaction Score
Gwynn was fearless. I watched a few of his games recently and he would bet bounced around like a ping pong ball. What I liked it that he knew where the contact was coming and knew how to still get his shot off.

Reaction Score
Sellers gets a nod simply for punching Chrissy in the head while cramming same head onto the floor in ... Unfortunately a loss. But still.
He has a special place of honor
Donny Marshall was no shrinking violet. I also loved Gilbert’s heart even if I criticized his PG play. Jake was also a banger who figured no blood no foul.
Those are guys you pick if your going to war.

Reaction Score
With the hire of Kevin Freeman, It got me thinking who would be on the UConn all warrior team? For me, it would be Kevin Freeman, Jeff Adrien, Christian Vital, Charlie Villanueva, and Shabazz.
Gavin Edwards was a Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
He has a special place of honor

Donny Marshall was no shrinking violet. I also loved Gilbert’s heart even if I criticized his PG play. Jake was also a banger who figured no blood no foul.
Those are guys you pick if your going to war.
AG was tough. Sometimes though the body just lets you down. He was a warrior but he's also the biggest "What if?" guy if he had been healthy.

Reaction Score
They were stars during some lean years. C Smith was a beast and Corny’s game was blue collar tough. Which is why they’d fit perfectly on these all-warrior teams.

Reaction Score
Karl Hobbs
Chris Smith
John Gwynn
Corny Thompsonobb
James Abromaitis
Ed Nelson
I would definitely include Hobbs, undersized, played tough, led to some benchmark wins early on.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
When I think of UConn warriors the first names that pop in my head are Donny Marshall and a man who currently sits on the bench...Taliek Brown.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rod Sellers
Emeka Okafor
Johnnie Selvie
Ricky Moore
Caron Butler

Two things the opponent would not have after the game - rebounds and teeth.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When I think of UConn warriors the first names that pop in my head are Donny Marshall and a man who currently sits on the bench...Taliek Brown.

Two good picks.

Reaction Score
Im going to go with Antic Klaiber. He survived 4 years of Peak Calhoun, never being happpy with him.

Reaction Score
Going a bit old school for men:

Adrien (captain), Freeman, Villanueva, Toby Kimball, Tony Hanson.

Women: Jamelle (captain..........duh), Hansmeyer (Boom, Boom), Ralph, Jones, Tuck. Would consider Bascom (didn't see much of her) in lieu of of Tuck.

Reaction Score
Lyman DePriest, Ricky Moore, Freeman, Alterique Gilbert

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom