UConn adds future Delaware H/H | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn adds future Delaware H/H

Reaction Score
Shizzle thinks playing name programs and getting pummeled beats winning. Liberty would have gone to a12 team CFP playoff last year probably had it existed. They played 0 P5s. JMU was the toast of college football with 1P5. Tulane was ranked in the top 10 last year with 1 P5. But hey, better to be 6-6 and go to Myrtle Beach than have a great season. We are. G5 . We will occasionally beat a bad P4 team. Every few years maybe. We ain’t beating 4-6.
Yankee Conference 2.0 Your dream scenario.

Reaction Score
You know what's crazy about this? Liberty has almost single handedly assured that a team with their profile never gets into the playoff.

Also, not sure what you've been smoking, but Tulane was never even close to being ranked top 10.
Yeah they did. Beat USC in their bowl game. #9 in the Final AP poll. I think #7 in the coaches but not sure. Best their only regular season P5 opponent, KState. Beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

Reaction Score
Yeah they did. Beat USC in their bowl game. #9 in the Final AP poll. I think #7 in the coaches but not sure. Best their only regular season P5 opponent, KState. Beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.
Ok when you said last year I assumed last season.

Reaction Score
JMU's stadium, which was upgraded when they were in the CAA...

I’ve seen JMU before. Their stadium is a little odd because one side is the original stands/bleachers while the other looks top notch. Overall, it’s a good upgrade. I hope they take down the bleachers and extend to make a bowl/horseshoe.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
How does their stadium meet minimum FBS requirements? Thought it was around 30K?

Reaction Score
I’ve seen JMU before. Their stadium is a little odd because one side is the original stands/bleachers while the other looks top notch. Overall, it’s a good upgrade. I hope they take down the bleachers and extend to make a bowl/horseshoe.
Yes, their ultimate plan is build over the building that houses their swimming/gymnasium facilities in order to expand that side of the stadium. The fully built-out side houses some really nice club suites/luxury seats. Great game day experience/tailgating in a beautiful campus setting.

Reaction Score
For FBS, they can use SRO and the Bob. It’ll be over 20 for certain games.
They did a nice job modernizing the stadium. The Bob has football viewing much like The Ryan Center at URI but endzone. Is there any talk about elevating hockey? Down there for a wedding last year and their new STEM campus was impressive.

Reaction Score
Ok when you said last year I assumed last season.
They were ranked most of 2023 too. I think they fell out after losing the AAC title game. But here’s the thing. They and JMU and Liberty all played heavily G5 schedules and we’re rewarded for winning. Playing 4 or 6 P4 teams is a formula for failure, or at best being seen as mediocre. Because dispite shizzle’s contention that we will win 1 out of 6, be cause we have won 2 out of 12, that is silly logic. That was over many seasons and we lost 10 in a row. We should play 2/ year, mostly against mid-lower P4s. Regional if possible but a western or southern team is good from time to time too. Fine to play a Michigan or Ohio State or Texas now and then. But not every year. Save those mostly for the post season!

Reaction Score
How does their stadium meet minimum FBS requirements? Thought it was around 30K?

I don’t believe there are any attendance or minimum stadium size requirements in FBS anymore. Pretty sure they eliminated those in 2023.

Reaction Score
They were ranked most of 2023 too. I think they fell out after losing the AAC title game. But here’s the thing. They and JMU and Liberty all played heavily G5 schedules and we’re rewarded for winning. Playing 4 or 6 P4 teams is a formula for failure, or at best being seen as mediocre. Because dispite shizzle’s contention that we will win 1 out of 6, be cause we have won 2 out of 12, that is silly logic. That was over many seasons and we lost 10 in a row. We should play 2/ year, mostly against mid-lower P4s. Regional if possible but a western or southern team is good from time to time too. Fine to play a Michigan or Ohio State or Texas now and then. But not every year. Save those mostly for the post season!
Tulane played essentially a CUSA schedule last year.

Reaction Score
A simple google search will tell you that their capacity has been at least 18,500 since 1979. And they have conducted renovations and have gradually increased since then.

They have always been an FCS outlier in terms of attendance.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I don’t believe there are any attendance or minimum stadium size requirements in FBS anymore. Pretty sure they eliminated those in 2023.
Correct- this is not a requirement anymore as teams were just “buying” their own tickets or using an arbitrary distribution number to get over the 15k mark previously in place

I hope we see a few more northeast schools make the jump. Holy Cross and URI could both do it. Somewhat related- wonder what happened to New Haven trying to go FBS… them and Sacred Heart would both be intriguing longer term FBS adds

Reaction Score
A simple google search will tell you that their capacity has been at least 18,500 since 1979. And they have conducted renovations and have gradually increased since then.

They have always been an FCS outlier in terms of attendance.
That’s actually not correct. When they renovated, they gave up seating on benches for boxes and chair backs. They are officially set at 18.5 seats, with plenty of room for SRO, if needed

Reaction Score
That’s actually not correct. When they renovated, they gave up seating on benches for boxes and chair backs. They are officially set at 18.5 seats, with plenty of room for SRO, if needed

They were 18.5 in ‘79. Went up and then reduced back down to 18.5 later on officially. But they still get 22+ occasionally.

People here are acting like they expanded last week or something.

They have always been an attendance outlier.

Reaction Score
Out scheduling debate of G5 only versus 1/2 or more P5 is like the old saying
“Keep you mouth shut and people wonder if you are an idiot, open it and leave no doubt”

Schedule no P5 and people aren’t sure if you are any good, play a bunch of P5 and people know that you aren’t

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom