UConn adds future Delaware H/H | The Boneyard

UConn adds future Delaware H/H

Reaction Score

-> The UConn football program has entered into an agreement to play two future games against the University of Delaware during the 2025 and 2027 seasons, announced on Thursday.

The Huskies will make the trip to Delaware on September 13, 2025 and then host the Blue Hens on November 27, 2027. UConn's scheduled game at Purdue on September 13, 2025 has been moved to the 2029 season. <-

Reaction Score
Amtrak! Smart, mutually beneficial scheduling. Accessing Newark game tickets will likely be challenging.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize they were moving up to FBS. Probably a good idea to get some rapport going

Reaction Score
I figured we would get them on the schedule. Really helps us out when the home game for us is in late November.
I wouldn't of mind if this was a four-game series. Great scheduling philosophy as it will be an easy away game to attend. Really good recruiting possibilities with Pennsylvania nearby. Our scheduling is filling in nicely through the rest of the decade.

We have a November away game to offer for the 2025 season. Hope we can fill out the schedule for 2025 with Temple?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not happy about losing a 4th P5 game in 2025. Need the 12th game to be part of a P5 H/H.

Reaction Score
Their stadium is a little more than I expected coming from the CAA

I don’t know what capacity is but their stadium is pretty nice. Above average for the CAA. I always thought they would have been a good addition to the original Big East for football. Way better than trying to upgrade Villanova, who didn’t really want to upgrade. And it’s not that far from Philly or even DC. I believe there is commuter service to Philadelphia from Newark. Certainly there is Amtrak service.

Reaction Score
You are who you play.
Shizzle thinks playing name programs and getting pummeled beats winning. Liberty would have gone to a12 team CFP playoff last year probably had it existed. They played 0 P5s. JMU was the toast of college football with 1P5. Tulane was ranked in the top 10 last year with 1 P5. But hey, better to be 6-6 and go to Myrtle Beach than have a great season. We are. G5 . We will occasionally beat a bad P4 team. Every few years maybe. We ain’t beating 4-6.

Reaction Score
Shizzle thinks playing name programs and getting pummeled beats winning. Liberty would have gone to a12 team CFP playoff last year probably had it existed. They played 0 P5s. JMU was the toast of college football with 1P5. Tulane was ranked in the top 10 last year with 1 P5. But hey, better to be 6-6 and go to Myrtle Beach than have a great season. We are. G5 . We will occasionally beat a bad P4 team. Every few years maybe. We ain’t beating 4-6.
You know what's crazy about this? Liberty has almost single handedly assured that a team with their profile never gets into the playoff.

Also, not sure what you've been smoking, but Tulane was never even close to being ranked top 10.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Beating 8 of the bottom 10 schools in the sport is not impressive.

The only reason they even sniffed the NY6 bowl was because every other G5 champ lost at least two (not one) games, and many people thought two-loss SMU was going to get in over them.

Winning CUSA in football is the basketball equivalent of the Southland. Congrats, you’re McNeese State.

What many fail to understand is the more the playoff expands (and it will), the less we need to be in a conference as long as we play 4-5 P4 schools a year to keep our SOS up.

Reaction Score
You know what's crazy about this? Liberty has almost single handedly assured that a team with their profile never gets into the playoff.

Also, not sure what you've been smoking, but Tulane was never even close to being ranked top 10.
That was in 2022. They got to #9 at one point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom