UConn/ACC | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn/ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With no NFL franchise in sight in that state, one of the two of them has a shot to be THE football team for the state. It won't be UK, so Louisville has a shot. UK alumni won't support Louisville other than my 3 cousins who do favor UL over UK in sports, but not everyone in the state is a UK alumn. The attendance numbers over time will tell the story.

Its not just The UK alumni, but an entire state bursting with T Shirt Fans who make OSU and UNC's non affiliated seem downright normal by comparison. The Cards have support among students, alums, and residents within the city of Louisville and surrounding burbs. There are very, very, few persons in state who are on the fence about where their allegiances lay. Attendance numbers will never tell the story in KY because it is first and foremost a basketball state. If Kentucky Football shows so much as a pulse, that is a bonus to them. If they miss the tournament, well that is a different issue altogether. The HC best not miss it two years in a row, because he won't get a shot at three. That said Ville has some catching up to do to UK in both football recruiting and attendance. Maybe someday, LOL Nah.

Reaction Score
LOL No to all of this.

But Mr Business says it is so. Who throws out resumes? A cousin lover. If I own a business and a BCU grad would make me money (not saying I would trust them), I hire them. I don't throw their resume out.

Reaction Score
Didn't we also just win an arm wrestling NC? WTF we should be the Director.

Good luck trying to defend that title. We have a red shirt freshman who is going to be a real force for our team. :)

bullhurley.jpg

Reaction Score
Its not just The UK alumni, but an entire state bursting with T Shirt Fans who make OSU and UNC's non affiliated seem downright normal by comparison. The Cards have support among students, alums, and residents within the city of Louisville and surrounding burbs. There are very, very, few persons in state who are on the fence about where their allegiances lay. Attendance numbers will never tell the story in KY because it is first and foremost a basketball state. If Kentucky Football shows so much as a pulse, that is a bonus to them. If they miss the tournament, well that is a different issue altogether. The HC best not miss it two years in a row, because he won't get a shot at three. That said Ville has some catching up to do to UK in both football recruiting and attendance. Maybe someday, LOL Nah.

I know it's a basketball state, and with 5 of the top 12 winningest basketball programs in college basketball history making regular stops in the Yum Center, they should change some of those T-shirts to the color red just with the schedule if they are successful. The only top 12 basketball program showing up in Lexington's Rupp Arena will be Kentucky itself and some out of conference games with Indiana. Louisville has never had this advantage before. We'll have to see how it develops. I'd like to add UConn to this rotation at some point. UConn would further enhance an already strong basketball league.

Reaction Score
I know it's a basketball state, and with 5 of the top 12 winningest basketball programs in college basketball history making regular stops in the Yum Center, they should change some of those T-shirts to the color red just with the schedule if they are successful. The only top 12 basketball program showing up in Lexington's Rupp Arena will be Kentucky itself and some out of conference games with Indiana. Louisville has never had this advantage before. We'll have to see how it develops. I'd like to add UConn to this rotation at some point. UConn would further enhance an already strong basketball league.
Playing in the BE gave L'ville the advantage of playing against the BEST competition available anywhere of just about anyone in the nation.And the best hoops conference anyone will probably ever see again and I've haven't followed hoops much since the late 80s but I know BB excellence when I see it!! The ACC with their blending of BE schools will have the opportunity to attempt it though. UConn could have helped solidify that eastern strength where in the big cities hoops is THE sport...growing up in Northern NJ I lived on the tar courts almost yr round and still enjoy playing to this day! The legendary Al LoBalbo was my tutor as a 10-13 yr old at his Essex county yearly clinics in the early/mid 60s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmmm . . . By the article you quoted, UMD will incur $3 million more a year in travel costs in The Big10 over The ACC. So, I'm not sure where the $30 million increased costs unless you are multiplying the years by 10.

As far as "desparate situation" The Big10 was/is in, keep telling yourself that. UMD was not receiving their ACC media payout. I'm not going to argue the validity of the holdback, but the sum given to UMD was pretty close to the amount they should have received from The ACC. You believe what you want. I know you will.

I don't know what Maryland's travel annual expenses will be, but I guess it will be a little more than what it has been. But I can't imagine that even Hawaii's travel expenses would be more than the "loyal" Mr. Krzyzewski's bloated, annual salary. This only seems plausible to those who are obsessively bitter, dishonestly smug, and/or bootlickers of Mr. Swofford/Coach K. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm not sure you grasp the concept of fandom. No one is going to jump on the Louisville Bandwagon simply because they are playing Duke and Carolina. They were already playing a very strong conference slate prior to joining The ACC. The only fans that will care will be Louisville fans. The rest of the state will either be rooting against them or completely indifferent. You brought up football prominence previously, so I'll ask you again. With UK currently outdrawing and out recruiting Ville in football, how will the Cards compete with the mighty S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C? Especially after bumping up to a stronger league?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you grasp the concept of fandom. No one is going to jump on the Louisville Bandwagon simply because they are playing Duke and Carolina. They were already playing a very strong conference slate prior to joining The ACC. The only fans that will care will be Louisville fans. The rest of the state will either be rooting against them or completely indifferent. You brought up football prominence previously, so I'll ask you again. With UK currently outdrawing and out recruiting Ville in football, how will the Cards compete with the mighty S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C? Especially after bumping up to a stronger league?
We'll have to see. Louisville has won its past 2 games in Lexington in football and blew out the Florida Gators in the Louisiana Superdome a couple of years ago. They just rehired a new coach. Give him a chance to bring in his kids to see what they can do. When he was at Louisville before he beat UK four years in a row before leaving for the Atlanta Falcons.

Reaction Score
We'll have to see. Louisville has won its past 2 games in Lexington in football and blew out the Florida Gators in the Louisiana Superdome a couple of years ago. They just rehired a new coach. Give him a chance to bring in his kids to see what they can do. When he was at Louisville before he beat UK four years in a row before leaving for the Atlanta Falcons.
Just stop. Please.

You have zero understanding of how much the entire state of Kentucky cares about the Wildcats. Technically, they may not be a pro team, but the way people in the state root for them (including people who don't there) is similar to how people root for the local pro team.

Louisville will never approach that level of fan support in Kentucky, no matter what kind of absurd logic you try to use.

Reaction Score
Just stop. Please.

You have zero understanding of how much the entire state of Kentucky cares about the Wildcats. Technically, they may not be a pro team, but the way people in the state root for them (including people who don't there) is similar to how people root for the local pro team.

Louisville will never approach that level of fan support in Kentucky, no matter what kind of absurd logic you try to use.

Thank you. Its like listening to some deluded Pitt Fan talk about how joining The ACC will put them on equal footing with PSU. As if being in The Big East was the only thing holding their program back. Not the fact that interest in The Panthers ends about 2 blocks outside of Oakland.

Reaction Score
Just stop. Please.

Like I said I have 3 cousins with UK degrees who root for Louisville over UK. I know how the state works. There were riots in Louisville after UK beat them in the basketball final 4 3 years ago. The UK fans can be content to watch UK get its butt kicked every year by Louisville in football and wear blue if they want, but it is an opportunity for Louisville to gain fan support.

Reaction Score
Forgive me: I didn't know about your three cousins! That's definitely a quality sample size.

I'm all set with this silly debate.[/QUOTE

Smart move. Debating Stimpy is like pizzing into the wind and getting upset when you get some on your pants. He'll never try to see another's opinion regardless of how wrong his may be. I mainly just point out his nonsense and laugh at it. By the way I know I'm right in doing this, as three people weighed in with their approval.

Reaction Score
Without knowing anything about the Kentucky sports environment, it sounds like as far as rooting interests, UK is the Yankees and Louisville is the Mets. Is that an apt analogy?

Reaction Score
Without knowing anything about the Kentucky sports environment, it sounds like as far as rooting interests, UK is the Yankees and Louisville is the Mets. Is that an apt analogy?
I'd say more like UK is the Yankees and Louisville is the Red Sox.

Reaction Score
Even if UK has more fans than Ville that doesn't mean that Ville can't draw. More and more, casual fans are being courted by college sports programs. So it stands to reason that UL will work hard (and has been working hard) to attract new fans. In the ACC, UL will be able to make use of the recruiting territories in the East Coast, just like they did in the old Big East, but now with more ground to cover. Depending on solely alumni support has a certain limit (ex: some who are graduates may not support that school's sports teams, for various reasons). In the future, organizations that show enough flexibility w/o compromising core standards would be able to adapt to changes much better.

Reaction Score
It is completely hilarious, yet extremely sad, watching ACC fans bash Maryland, while at the same time trying to rationalize/justify reasons Louisville is "better".

If, let's saaaay, the Univeristy of Iowa was somehow ripped from the B1G by the BXII, and we back filled with Cincinnati, I'd be ready to shoot myself in the face! And Iowa isn't even technically a charter member! (Joined in 1899)

I guess I shouldn't expect anything better from the conference that was so weak it had to complete raid and destroy the Big East just to keep its head above water.

Big Ten "desperate" by adding Maryland?? Pfftlolololol. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.

Reaction Score
It is completely hilarious, yet extremely sad, watching ACC fans bash Maryland, while at the same time trying to rationalize/justify reasons Louisville is "better".

If, let's saaaay, the Univeristy of Iowa was somehow ripped from the B1G by the BXII, and we back filled with Cincinnati, I'd be ready to shoot myself in the face! And Iowa isn't even technically a charter member! (Joined in 1899)

I guess I shouldn't expect anything better from the conference that was so weak it had to complete raid and destroy the Big East just to keep its head above water.

Big Ten "desperate" by adding Maryland?? Pfftlolololol. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.

Cincinnati for Iowa is not a good trade. We are in agreement there. Cincinnati isn't at the level of Louisville either when it comes to a complete athletics department. They say that they are going to make the investments to become one. We shall see. UConn is at the level of Louisville and a good fit.

No need to talk about Maryland or Rutgers anymore. The Big Ten has them, and you'll get the pleasure of seeing the facilities and enjoying the crowds at both places soon enough. You can decide whether you're impressed or not at that time.

Reaction Score
Hello? The B1G just added Rutgers. I'd much rather have Cincinnati in my athletic conference than Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati for Iowa is not a good trade. We are in agreement there. Cincinnati isn't at the level of Louisville either when it comes to a complete athletics department. They say that they are going to make the investments to become one. We shall see. UConn is at the level of Louisville and a good fit.

No need to talk about Maryland or Rutgers anymore. The Big Ten has them, and you'll get the pleasure of seeing the facilities and enjoying the crowds at both places soon enough. You can decide whether you're impressed or not at that time.

I'd feel the same way about Louisville, dolt.

I'd also much rather have MD or Rutgers over UoLCC.

I don't want to see my beloved B1G lower our standards and allow clown colleges admittance.
Academic integrity WAS the last "integrity" the ACC had going for it...GONE.

Reaction Score

You are sooo deluded by the greatness of the ACC....take away FSU and what have you to hang you're hat on?Facilities,crowds, really? RU had top(2nd or 3rd) BE facilities(agree hoops needs upgrading)and led BE in attendence(with "Ville" last few yrs) before the B1G teams start rolling in to bolster those numbers and not sure about Md but they must be good with all that ACC and UA money available to them but superior to Pitts(Steelers facilities in FB) and SU's(who have to scratch for anything) SU(i know you like their board) can thank Melo for whatever they do have in hoops(yes I know about the new IPF going up) but the Dome is antiquated. BTW UNC is getting crucified on CNN tonight!! The heart of you're conference is taking an academic beating by whistleblowers being penalized for having integrity.

Reaction Score
You are sooo deluded by the greatness of the ACC....take away FSU and what have you to hang you're hat on?Facilities,crowds, really? RU had top(2nd or 3rd) BE facilities(agree hoops needs upgrading)and led BE in attendence(with "Ville" last few yrs) before the B1G teams start rolling in to bolster those numbers and not sure about Md but they must be good with all that ACC and UA money available to them but superior to Pitts(Steelers facilities in FB) and SU's(who have to scratch for anything) SU(i know you like their board) can thank Melo for whatever they do have in hoops(yes I know about the new IPF going up) but the Dome is antiquated. BTW UNC is getting crucified on CNN tonight!! The heart of you're conference is taking an academic beating by whistleblowers being penalized for having integrity.

The ACC could use a school with a perfect APR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin