UConn academics puts 2013 tourney out of reach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn academics puts 2013 tourney out of reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, did Price, Adrien, and Austrie graduate? I swear I read AJ did, but I don't know about the other two.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, did Price, Adrien, and Austrie graduate? I swear I read AJ did, but I don't know about the other two.

AJP and Craig did. Not sure about Jeff. I want to say that he did based on recollection, but I've got nothing substantial on that one.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The haters are really going to lick this story up. I guess it just gives JC one more reason to win another title this year.
Exactly. You know, you'd think people would know not to piss him off by now.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
AJP and Craig did. Not sure about Jeff. I want to say that he did based on recollection, but I've got nothing substantial on that one.

I'm almost positive Adrien did NOT graduate. If I recall correctly he left school a few days after the Final Four to start prepping for the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Many years ago, on U. Miami's campus, I was told by people higher up in administration that the football players only take intersession courses in summer and in early January, which enables them not to enroll for the Fall semester. So now these standards are being imported everywhere into the NCAA.

I noted that UConn's football team this week came out very flat for a game against Pittsburgh. It probably should not be lost on anyone that students are in the midst of a two-week mid-term exam period, and the game was on a Wednesday night.

Really, who is the NCAA fooling with these APR standards?
What do you know about Kentucky's situation? They have a lot of 1-and-dones, and don't take hits that people like Gavin Edwards cost us (in his 8th semester. leaves for pro tryouts). Do they simply not enroll for the Spring semester? How else can they do it?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What do you know about Kentucky's situation? They have a lot of 1-and-dones, and don't take hits that people like Gavin Edwards cost us (in his 8th semester. leaves for pro tryouts). Do they simply not enroll for the Spring semester? How else can they do it?

While not UK, Kansas had an interesting one last year with Josh Selby. He didn't even show up 2nd semester. They claimed he was doing correspondence courses (from Las Vegas!!!) while getting ready for the draft. He never got along well with the coach/program, so I doubt he actually did the work out of the goodness of his heart.

No worries for them though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
While not UK, Kansas had an interesting one last year with Josh Selby. He didn't even show up 2nd semester. They claimed he was doing correspondence courses (from Las Vegas!!!) while getting ready for the draft. He never got along well with the coach/program, so I doubt he actually did the work out of the goodness of his heart.

No worries for them though.
That's why this whole thing regarding UConn is a farce. UConn is the poster child to give the NCAA an appearance it is really doing something. It isn't doing anything if it isn't overseeing the universities to determine the accuracy of their reporting. So the timing of the announcement of the new rules by the NCAA was to make sure a program with notoriety was giving the NCAA the desired publicity. It sucks for UConn that they just happened to be in the post office when the NCAA went postal.

But UConn will survive this. The problem with the reporters who are targeting UConn is that they are missing the real story, the things people are providing in these forums. Which is probably why JC was so irritable with the reporter in that interview, and which is why I suspect JH has a role in all this.

Reaction Score

If they get a summer semester under their belt, maybe an intersession between Fall and Spring, they might not have to enroll for the spring. If the school allows it.

UConn making 3 courses mandatory in the summer is a move toward this kind of setup.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought that in order to be eligible you had to be enrolled in three classes (at a minimum) at the start of any semester that you were competing as a student athlete. Granted, once February hits you can drop all courses (and as your career would be over before any requirements to make up these classes kicked in) so showing up for more than the first two or three classes may not be necessary for any one and dones (and had been common in many places) but they had to be enrolled when the semester began.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought that in order to be eligible you had to be enrolled in three classes (at a minimum) at the start of any semester that you were competing as a student athlete. Granted, once February hits you can drop all courses (and as your career would be over before any requirements to make up these classes kicked in) so showing up for more than the first two or three classes may not be necessary for any one and dones (and had been common in many places) but they had to be enrolled when the semester began.

And what of intersession courses? Emeka had only one course in the Spring? I think you have to maintain status with a university, you have to be enrolled, BUT, does the winter intersession count as enrollment Spring enrollment? The Miami people told me this is how they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom