UConn academics puts 2013 tourney out of reach | The Boneyard

UConn academics puts 2013 tourney out of reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That is disgusting. The program has already been punished.

This isn't over.

Reaction Score
We've already been punished for the 09-10 score by being docked 2 schollies. Now they enforce a new rule based on past APR scores? Thats the same as banning programs that scored below 900 from 1966-68

Reaction Score
They can't do this retroactively... Uconn will not be banned from the NCAA Tournament, everyone relax. Can the season just start already...

Reaction Score
This is really going to hurt recruiting. Why would any major recruit come to UConn if they're not going to be in the tournament? UConn's going to suffer big-time because of this.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The haters are really going to lick this story up. I guess it just gives JC one more reason to win another title this year.

Reaction Score
But nothing. These articles get written because the headlines are sexy and will draw readers. Either the NCAA will speed up the reporting timeline (which they're looking into as we speak) or Uconn will win on appeal. They are not missing the 2013 tournament.

Amen. The media will not retract, but re-explain.

Reaction Score
But nothing. These articles get written because the headlines are sexy and will draw readers. Either the NCAA will speed up the reporting timeline (which they're looking into as we speak) or Uconn will win on appeal. They are not missing the 2013 tournament.

The AP article quotes an NCAA source that seems 100% definitive. That makes me less optimistic than you.

Reaction Score
This would be the biggest disgrace ever. Not sure if I could stay a Uconn fan if this happens.

Reaction Score
Yup it's all just headlines, headlines, headlines... More clicks, more ad revenue... No chance they are banned.

At least it gives people something to worry about, given that we are gonna smoke people this year and don't really have to worry about that.

No ones going To score anywhere near the rim on us. ALL BLOCK EVERYTHING

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If anyone has followed the realignment board they will know that quoted sources don't mean anything.

The NCAA is the important part of this. The media will go as long as it can with rumor until everything is clarified. So be patient.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yup it's all just headlines, headlines, headlines... More clicks, more ad revenue... No chance they are banned.

At least it gives people something to worry about, given that we are gonna smoke people this year and don't really have to worry about that.

No ones going To score anywhere near the rim on us. ALL BLOCK EVERYTHING
For once the timing is good for Uconn. It's better to get all the questions answered before the season starts and before recruits are required to notify teams of their intentions.

All the answers will be known by the start of the season regarding how this works. Let's just hope for the best.

Reaction Score
This program seems to have had their fair share of off the court issues over the past few years, huh.

Reaction Score
Most important thing is to let Anthony Bennett know that he can come and not miss the NCAA Tourney. Maybe text him. Text him one letter at a time. And call him every 2 minutes. Apparently that's ok now... I wonder who the most annoying NCAA coach will be with constant texting... If Steve Lappas still coached id say him

Reaction Score
This would be the biggest disgrace ever. Not sure if I could stay a Uconn fan if this happens.
So if I understand you correctlysince the NCAA is trying to institute a new set of standards which might force UConn to miss the 2013 tournament you will stop being a fan? How do unreasonable NCAA actions cause you to cease being a fan of your team?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
These articles get written because the headlines are sexy and will draw readers.

Try again. It's a wire service article written by the same writer who has been on the Connecticut beat for years.

Reaction Score
The AP article quotes an NCAA source that seems 100% definitive. That makes me less optimistic than you.

The only definitive info from the NCAA in that article is this: "The NCAA confirmed Thursday that scores from those years will be used to determine eligibility."

No mention in the article about waivers which have been granted to half the schools applying for them in the past year.

Reaction Score
I'm about as optimistic as the next guy when it comes to most things, I'm not gonna worry about it until it's time to worry, but I got a feeling UConn is not getting around this one and will not be eligible for the 2013 tournament. It sucks how the NCAA is changing the rules out of nowhere but the APR scores for UConn are also embarrasing. How come we are the only Major program in this predicament? I'm gonna worry about 2011-12 first and just hope I'm wrong about 2013..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom