UConn -5.5 Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn -5.5 Creighton

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This line is definitely a moving target. -6.5,-6.0,-5.5 and I saw one at -5. But that line quickly moved back to -5.5. Even if he does not play why not let DC suit up? Is there a rule against that process. He seems to be medically cleared to play has been practicing, which I have to imagine is less impact than practice then make it a coaches decision not to play. Just wondering
1) Is dressing someone you have no intention playing against the rules?
2) Does this create some type of issue mentally for the players. I would think not if they knew it was very unlikely that he was going to play.

It would seem to me that it could impact the opponent more, thinking oh no when are they going to bring in the mountain. Just a random thought that may have some specific answers.

I'm guessing it's more about not wanting the player or coach be tempted to go in the game. If he's in street clothes you don't have to argue with him the whole game, and Hurley won't be tempted to put him out there when he shouldn't.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the large platter of shells and meatballs at the Park Central Hotel in Willimantic for 95 cents. Can't remember the beer prices though.
When was that? Been here for quite a while and never heard of Park Central.

Reaction Score
Haven't read the thread. I feel like we get in so many close battles over the years with Creighton. Not sure I'd want to bet this one, but I do believe we get the W.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Betting unders is even more perilous to your emotions.
"C'mon Danny, slow it down! You've got it won! Let the air out of the damn ball!!"

Reaction Score
I suspect it's a good number of casual bettors who think "#1 at home? they're gonna win comfortably!"
DraftKings says 95% of moneyline and 77% of spread bets on UConn.

UConn is in the parlay boost zone (favorites are more likely to have moneyline bets at -300 to -500 because DraftKings does parlay boosts all the time and caps odds at -500.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
DraftKings says 95% of moneyline and 77% of spread bets on UConn.

UConn is in the parlay boost zone (favorites are more likely to have moneyline bets at -300 to -500 because DraftKings does parlay boosts all the time and caps odds at -500.
If I bet on this game I’d probably fade the public with the spread. Never feel good about going against Vegas.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it's more about not wanting the player or coach be tempted to go in the game. If he's in street clothes you don't have to argue with him the whole game, and Hurley won't be tempted to put him out there when he shouldn't.
Then they should hire my wife as she has no problem saying no when I want to play.:(

Reaction Score
I swear everyone in the country realizes we're a good team this year except for UConn fans. It's bizarre

We know how good this team can be. And we know that right now, we're not at that level. We should completely dominate a team like Georgetown even with the big unicorn. It tends to make the faithful a little nervous. Just sometimes we have to live through.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I said to my son after the Gtown game that we have gotten spoiled. Although they cut into our lead not sure we were ever close to losing the game. But since we did not put our foot on their throats the fans took it as a step back. But we also have to remember taking the spoiled fan route has to be countered with the analytics. None of them ( KP, NET) like us as much this year as they did last year. For me it kind of confirms that if you are a fan that has some knowledge and watches and maybe rewatches most of the games, we kind of know were we are at this point. Also we clearly do not have a roster that is constructed to play rugby/basketball which is what the BE is, but rather a roster constructed to compete at the highest level when the game is played and officiated correctly. In the end maybe that dichotomy actually helps us come ncaa tourney time.

Reaction Score
I feel like we get in so many close battles over the years with Creighton.
Yes indeed. 7 games vs Creighton have been decided by a total of 31 points. 4.4 deficit average per game. UConn is 1-6 in those games. 1-2 at home.

Reaction Score
Yes indeed. 7 games vs Creighton have been decided by a total of 31 points. 4.4 deficit average per game. UConn is 1-6 in those games. 1-2 at home.
Then why is Vegas begging us to take Creighton?

Reaction Score
Are they calculating the spread with or without Clingan?
They must be factoring the spread with him because it moved up to -6.5. No way it’s that much if clingan was a definite no go. Especially with how we played against gtown. It is almost as if they are begging u to take creighton with that many points. Weird

Reaction Score
If I bet on this game I’d probably fade the public with the spread. Never feel good about going against Vegas.
It happens, though. 80% of the public money was on UConn to roll Arkansas in the sweet 16. How did that go for Vegas?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It happens, though. 80% of the public money was on UConn to roll Arkansas in the sweet 16. How did that go for Vegas?
Nothing is certain of course. Just my general philosophy.

If anything, I try to avoid lopsided games altogether and find even ones to evaluate.

Reaction Score
Then why is Vegas begging us to take Creighton?
What's your prediction tonight? Come on, we need to get to 7-2 ATS. I don't think you made a prediction for the Georgetown game.

Reaction Score
What's your prediction tonight? Come on, we need to get to 7-2 ATS. I don't think you made a prediction for the Georgetown game.
No way. I went and it was a great atmosphere and I simply couldn’t pick with out emotion. To be honest, I thought it would much closer than it was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom