UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX) | The Boneyard

UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The goal is to win 2, not 1. We are too solid to set the bar low, even if winning only 1 game is the most likely result heading into this series.

Reaction Score
Sorry -- what does that mean for TV coverage. Is the Friday game on ACC Network itself, like I'd get on cable? And are the others available online through ESPN if you have the plus coverage or whatever they call it?

Reaction Score
The goal is to win 2, not 1. We are too solid to set the bar low, even if winning only 1 game is the most likely result heading into this series.
It's baseball, hitters normally start way behind in the cold and with the extra cold it's all about pitchers being able to dominate. Yes, 1 of 3 would be perfectly acceptable but no one is getting on that bus for any purpose other than to try to take the series. If you're going to get out of a regional, as this team wants to do, you have to beat teams like this.

Reaction Score
Sorry -- what does that mean for TV coverage. Is the Friday game on ACC Network itself, like I'd get on cable? And are the others available online through ESPN if you have the plus coverage or whatever they call it?
It is not on the ACC Network - the 3 games are on ACCNx through the Watch ESPN app (depending on your cable carrier)

008a.png

Reaction Score
Weather for this weekends series:
Friday: low 40s
Saturday: mid 30s and windy
Sunday: high 30s

Reaction Score
Hello, new poster here. Actually a new Uconn baseball fan. I started following summer 2019 after seeing some Cape league games. I'm so excited for the season to start tomorrow, esp after being shut down last year due to corona. This team is stacked with talent and has so much potential. It should be a fun season! The forecast for the weekend sounds like a typical CT winter - definite advantage to our Huskies.

Reaction Score

For the first time since 2017, the Cavaliers open the season ranked in every major college baseball poll.
Baseball America - 5
USA Today/Coaches – 14
NCBWA – 15
D1Baseball – 16
Collegiate Baseball – 14
Perfect Game – 9

Probable Starting Pitchers:
Friday – 3 p.m.
UConn: RHP Ben Casparius
Virginia: LHP Andrew Abbott (3-0, 1.35 ERA, 13.1 IP, 8 BB, 28 SO)

Saturday – 1 p.m.
UConn: RHP Joe Simeone (1-1, 3.00 ERA, 15.0 IP, 13 BB, 23 SO)
Virginia: RHP Griff McGarry (3-0, 1.35 ERA, 20.0 IP, 19 BB, 31 SO)

Sunday – 1 p.m.
UConn: TBA
Virginia RHP Mike Vasil 2-0, 2.45 ERA, 22.0 IP, 10 BB, 23 SO

Reaction Score
Weather for this weekends series:
Friday: low 40s
Saturday: mid 30s and windy
Sunday: high 30s
First(?) time posting on this board. Live a couple hundred yards away from the ballpark, if the boys can play in that weather, I can sit in the stadium & cheer them on, (with coffee & hot chocolate.) Yeah, Weather..., says 42 at 1Pm, Partly Cloudy, but No wind to speak of, so maybe kinda tolerable. Local roads still not clear. Since last the team came down, now beside the track and Lacrosse/Soccer stadiums, is a very cool ladies softball stadium, in the Virginia red brick colonial motif. All 4 fields literally "bumping up against each other." And for those unfamiliar with UVA, directly across the street is the new 2 outdoor football practice fields, with a 100 yd. facility inside. New athletic offices and Field Hockey Stadium there and across from that is The John Paul Jones Arena for hoops. Go Dawgs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> All three games will be video streamed on ACC Network on the WatchESPN. Saturday and Sunday's games are scheduled to air on 91.7 FM WHUS with Chris Jones on the call. Friday's game is still to be determined with an alternative audio option available if WHUS is unable to produce the game. <-

Reaction Score

-> All three games will be video streamed on ACC Network on the WatchESPN. Saturday and Sunday's games are scheduled to air on 91.7 FM WHUS with Chris Jones on the call. Friday's game is still to be determined with an alternative audio option available if WHUS is unable to produce the game. <-

This is great news as far as I'm concerned.

This past weekend I sent Chris Jones an email asking about game broadcasts this coming season. He is hoping for as many games as possible on WHUS, but that is contingent on someone being able to be in the WHUS studio to engineer the broadcast. Considering the WHUS studios are closed due to the pandemic, this will probably be an on and off thing. He did say he was hoping to have an alternate audio stream of some sort for those games that are not aired on WHUS. Chris Jones knows there is a following of UConn fans that listens to the games on WHUS, and he definitely wants to serve that audience. I've said it before, but listening to Chris Jones is definitely my preferred option of following the UConn baseball season.

Last edited:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Very excited to listen to Chris Jones on the call! Roll Skies! Going to be a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom