UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hello, new poster here. Actually a new Uconn baseball fan. I started following summer 2019 after seeing some Cape league games. I'm so excited for the season to start tomorrow, esp after being shut down last year due to corona. This team is stacked with talent and has so much potential. It should be a fun season! The forecast for the weekend sounds like a typical CT winter - definite advantage to our Huskies.
Welcome. Are you here primarily for the baseball or will you be checking out the other categories. I'm an "all things UConn" guy and can be found talking stupid in any category.

Reaction Score
Lineup:
Bushling (SS)
Stock (LF)
P. Winkel (C)
K. Fedko (RF)
Crawford (1B)
C. Fedko (2B)
C. Winkel (CF)
Ferrer (DH)
Brown (3B)

Reaction Score
So for the three open lineup spots:

1. Stock playing should be of zero surprise. As I said, based on what he did last year there was no amount of bad he could have been in practices that could have caused him to no be given first shot.

2. Ferrer isn't a big surprise, if he took one of the two open lineup slots that he was competing for with Maycock, Langer, Andy Hague, Peterson and the transfer backup catcher.

3. Where the heck did Brown come from? Is that the kid from Trumbull High? Did he even get a serious mention by anyone in the run up to opening day?

Reaction Score
Lineup:
Bushling (SS)
Stock (LF)
P. Winkel (C)
K. Fedko (RF)
Crawford (1B)
C. Fedko (2B)
C. Winkel (CF)
Ferrer (DH)
Brown (3B)

Chris Brown got no mentions during the fall ball interviews and tweets, and that is not a good sign. However, in the preseason coaches interviews he got a big mention on how good he was doing during the preseason. Kind of amazing how far he has come.

Reaction Score
A little surprised to not see Andy Hague in the starting line up considering he got the start at Short last year. No Devenney either

Reaction Score
A little surprised to not see Andy Hague in the starting line up considering he got the start at Short last year. No Devenney either

Hague will get his chance during the year. But given that he couldn't hit a lick at the start of last season and the quality of UVA's starting staff, I'm not surprised by Bushling staying where he finished last year at SS.

Reaction Score
So for the three open lineup spots:

1. Stock playing should be of zero surprise. As I said, based on what he did last year there was no amount of bad he could have been in practices that could have caused him to no be given first shot.

2. Ferrer isn't a big surprise, if he took one of the two open lineup slots that he was competing for with Maycock, Langer, Andy Hague, Peterson and the transfer backup catcher.

3. Where the heck did Brown come from? Is that the kid from Trumbull High? Did he even get a serious mention by anyone in the run up to opening day?
Peterson not getting a mention in the series preview article while Chris Brown did is pretty telling in my opinion.

Reaction Score
UVA starting 2B hails from New Milford, CT and they also have Jimmy Sullivan on their roster who’s from Wethersfield, CT

Reaction Score
Gotta love the ACC Network... can’t get the game on the ESPN app but Chris Jones will bless my ears

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Alright, got something going, gotta cash in with our big guns coming.

...and a double play. Damn. Runner at 3rd, 2 outs

Reaction Score
Top first, Bushling stranded at 3B after Pat Winkel grounding into a double play and Kyler Fedko strikeout. No score. Jones says Abbott threw over 20 pitches in that inning.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, Casparius has the bases loaded with one out. Strikeout for the second out.

Reaction Score
Hit by pitch makes it 1-0 Virginia, still two out in the 1st with the bases loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom