UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Benny has great stuff. Looking forward to watching him pitch this year. Both starters with elevated pitch counts.

Reaction Score
I pay for ESPN+ but I can't watch this game because Xfinity doesn't carry the network.
How much blood do they want from me?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I pay for ESPN+ but I can't watch this game because Xfinity doesn't carry the network.
How much blood do they want from me?

I just logged in an Xfinity worked fine.

Edit: scratch that. I can click on the game but it won't load.

"It is possible that you are trying to access TV Everywhere content that is only available via a participating TV provider subscription."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 2nd, Reggie Crawford with a lead off single, UConn goes down in order after that. 1-0 Virginia going to the bottom of the 2nd. Abbott now at 41 pitches.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Scoring with runners in scoring position will be crucial if we want to win this series. Two lead off hits with nothing to show for it.

Casparius has great stuff.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, Casparius with a 1-2-3 inning. Casparius with 2 strikeouts that inning, 4 on the game.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Brown with a fairly ugly at bat his first time up. Hope he settles in next time.

Reaction Score
UConn hitters with a scoreless top of the 3rd. 1-0 Virginia.

Reaction Score
First(?) time posting on this board. Live a couple hundred yards away from the ballpark, if the boys can play in that weather, I can sit in the stadium & cheer them on, (with coffee & hot chocolate.) Yeah, Weather..., says 42 at 1Pm, Partly Cloudy, but No wind to speak of, so maybe kinda tolerable. Local roads still not clear. Since last the team came down, now beside the track and Lacrosse/Soccer stadiums, is a very cool ladies softball stadium, in the Virginia red brick colonial motif. All 4 fields literally "bumping up against each other." And for those unfamiliar with UVA, directly across the street is the new 2 outdoor football practice fields, with a 100 yd. facility inside. New athletic offices and Field Hockey Stadium there and across from that is The John Paul Jones Arena for hoops. Go Dawgs.
Pardon the semi-rant BYers but..., As mentioned, live about 1/2 mile from the stadium, checked the UConn Phone App before I left to make sure the game was on and read yesterday's story on today's game from that app.
I walk over, see the UVA parking gentleman giving directions to "this way" for tickets, as the usual main walk thru ticket booths was closed, OK. I get up there (wearing my UConn Husky Dog hat), go through the security gate, x-ray buzzer thingy, cool. Lady asked me if I had a ticket, I attempt to hand the lady my $20 bill and she says, "Oh no, only if you have a "reservation" (mainly season ticket holders). I say "What, I can't buy a ticket?" "No, Governor Northam's protocols say only 250 people allowed." Not the 12 or so security and ticket taker workers fault of course, but as Husky Medic noted the ballpark holds 5,500.
As noted above also, one walks by the UVA track, where I see 50 or so Ladies & Men Track Team members are working out, many of course, congregating in groups of 5 and 6 or more.
But I can leave there and wander around WalMart or Lowe's with a 100 people or more-Insanity.
OK, Lesson. My Suggestion, UConn needs to be in touch with whatever school or event they are participating with/in, and for the sake of any UConn fans living in that area, more information needs to be given out on the Husky App regarding whatever that school's or area's protocols are.
If I missed any information regarding those restrictions I would be happy to be enlightened and corrected.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Turning into a frustrating game. Three runners have been stranded in scoring position. UVA has not hit a single ball hard, yet still leads and is threatening again.

Reaction Score
Bottom 3rd, Virginia with runners on the corners with no out. Ground out scores a run making it 2-0 with a runner at 2B.

Reaction Score
Pardon the semi-rant BYers but..., As mentioned, live about 1/2 mile from the stadium, checked the UConn Phone App before I left to make sure the game was on and read yesterday's story on today's game from that app.
I walk over, see the UVA parking gentleman giving directions to "this way" for tickets, as the usual main walk thru ticket booths was closed, OK. I get up there (wearing my UConn Husky Dog hat), go through the security gate, x-ray buzzer thingy, cool. Lady asked me if I had a ticket, I attempt to hand the lady my $20 bill and she says, "Oh no, only if you have a "reservation" (mainly season ticket holders). I say "What, I can't buy a ticket?" "No, Governor Northam's protocols say only 250 people allowed." Not the 12 or so security and ticket taker workers fault of course, but as Husky Medic noted the ballpark holds 5,500.
As noted above also, one walks by the UVA track, where I see 50 or so Ladies & Men Track Team members are working out, many of course, congregating in groups of 5 and 6 or more.
But I can leave there and wander around WalMart or Lowe's with a 100 people or more-Insanity.
OK, Lesson. My Suggestion, UConn needs to be in touch with whatever school or event they are participating with/in, and for the sake of any UConn fans living in that area, more information needs to be given out on the Husky App regarding whatever that school's or area's protocols are.
If I missed any information regarding those restrictions I would be happy to be enlightened and corrected.
The attendance guidance info is in the UVA link in post #14 above.

Reaction Score
Casparius with a strikeout and a ground out gets out of the bottom of the 3rd. UConn trails 2-0.

Reaction Score
Top 5th, UConn goes down in order. 2-0 Virginia. Abbott at 80 pitches and 9 strikeouts.

Reaction Score
Bottom 5th, Casparius retires the side in order. That's 9 outs in a row for Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom