UConn #26 in AP Poll..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn #26 in AP Poll.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little love from Seth Davis and, as one would hope, Borges.

No surprise that ESPN employees and ACC shills Vitale and Gary Williams have us unranked. Kieran Darcy, yet another ESPN writer who specializes in covering St. John's and the Big East, has us outside the top 25 as well.

I can't make up my mind? Does it take a lot of stupidity, or just a lot of nerve, to be whining about prejudices keeping us unranked in a year where computers have us on the margins of being ranked as well?

You want to argue we should be between 20 and 25 -- fine -- but thinking that people have to be biased because they think we're between 25 and 35 instead, at this point in the season, just makes us look like crybabies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only team I have a problem with is Ohio State. Any team losing four in a row should be out of the top twenty five. There's a lot of non P5 teams in the top twenty five. It will be interesting to see who gets selected and the seeding this year, probably more than ever because even the B!G and Big12 are not looking as strong as everyone originally thought. And the ACC, is definitely not the conference everyone thought pre season.

I'm more interested in UConn getting into the tournament and having as many upsets take place as possible. I want Cinci, SMU, UConn and Memphis to make a mark in the NCAA's. That more than anything else will make the AAC relevant.

Reaction Score
We would have been top 25 for the rest of the year had it not been for the Houston loss.

Reaction Score
I can't make up my mind? Does it take a lot of stupidity, or just a lot of nerve, to be whining about prejudices keeping us unranked in a year where computers have us on the margins of being ranked as well?

You want to argue we should be between 20 and 25 -- fine -- but thinking that people have to be biased because they think we're between 25 and 35 instead, at this point in the season, just makes us look like crybabies.

That was a shameless "red meat" post on my part. I don't actually believe in a media conspiracy and do think we're appropriately ranked around #26.

That said, being largely ignored and dismissed in the national picture -- intentionally or not -- is extremely harmful for us going forward in this uncertain time.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only poll that matter is at the end of the year. The rest is just fluff to appease the talking heads

Reaction Score
UMass and Ohio State will definitely drop out of the top 25, Kentucky should but they might have to lose to Mizzou this weekend.

caw

Reaction Score
6 top 25 losses so far this week. OSU poised to move up. I mean CRAFT.

Reaction Score
UMass and Ohio State will definitely drop out of the top 25, Kentucky should but they might have to lose to Mizzou this weekend.
Kentucky is #11. They won't fall out even if they lose at Missouri.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Welcome to the other side of the fence. The grass isn't greener. This year, the Big XII is what the Big East was. It's brutal and deep. The result is that teams like UT and OU, see their profiles propped up by wins over ranked teams. Since OU just beat Ok St., it's hard to argue their spot. People used to bitch about UConn's high ranking, despite a relatively higher number of losses than other schools in other conferences.

The simple reality is that without the strong schedule, you cannot lose to a Houston. It kills the perception. Our losses to PC over the years never hurt us, because we were beating good teams as well. Beating UCF and Temple doesn't make up for a Houston loss. Beating UL would have, and we failed. That's the real world now.

We need to crush Houston tonight, and should, and then beat Cinci. That is imperative. Of the remainging four games with UL, Cinci x2 and Memphis, we can only lose one to stay ranked. I'm not counting on beating UL on the road, since they are in our heads and take our guys out of our game so thoroughly.

Reaction Score
That would give them 6 losses with Louisville being their only big win.
Oh, this isn't a debate about what should happen. But Ohio State lost four straight and didn't drop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom