UCONN 2025 Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN 2025 Draft

Reaction Score
I'd prefer not to see Karaban at the 5 against a 7 footer, but in most games we will be able to go to a 5-out lineup with Karaban, Stewart, Liam, Ball, and Mahaney that can all stroke it - have fun trying to check that NCAA!
It might not be fun watching that on defense, but it would be even less fun for opposing teams to watch their 7 footers chase Alex off screens.

Not saying I want him starting at the 5 or anything, but the days of us matching lineups is over. Play our best guys and create mismatches for other teams to deal with

Reaction Score
I'd prefer not to see Karaban at the 5 against a 7 footer, but in most games we will be able to go to a 5-out lineup with Karaban, Stewart, Liam, Ball, and Mahaney that can all stroke it - have fun trying to check that NCAA!
I’ve been saying it all off season. I expect that you will see many minutes of Stewie , Liam and AK on the court together. Whether it’s AK at the 5 or Liam at the 2.

Reaction Score
It might not be fun watching that on defense, but it would be even less fun for opposing teams to watch their 7 footers chase Alex off screens.

Not saying I want him starting at the 5 or anything, but the days of us matching lineups is over. Play our best guys and create mismatches for other teams to deal with
And there is no Zach Edey in college right now. AK might be mismatched defensively, but we are putting up 90+ if an immobile center has to guard him lol.

Reaction Score
I think these mock drafts are going to be pretty interesting to follow throughout the year outside of Flagg and Bailey. Those 2 guys just have physical traits that make it hard to imagine them outside the top 3. I've seen mocks with Harper pretty much anywhere between 1-10. Nolan Traore seems to be trending upwards since the FIBA U18 tournament and some people have even been putting him above Harper.

I'm pretty surprised I've seen McNeely as low as mid-20's in some mocks just considering how valuable his skillset is in the NBA, but I think he'll have plenty of opportunity to improve on that

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The men's game won't be ignored this year like it has been by the national media these past couple of years. Can't expect to be as dominant as last year's team but this would be a good year to have a great team again.

Diaper dandies are good for college hoops

Reaction Score
ESPN top 100 update that was posted this morning, Liam #10, Alex #30, Jaylin #33, Samson #85. Only the top 25 got write-ups.

10. Liam McNeeley, SG/SF, UConn

Height: 6-7 | Age: 18.9 | Prev. rank: 10

Well-regarded for his feel and versatility at forward, McNeeley will be a key player on a reloading UConn team that will want to play to his strengths. His intangibles fall in line with what NBA teams have come to expect from Huskies prospects in recent years -- he's a competitive, smart player who can make contributions in a range of areas, with good passing chops and a developed shooting stroke.

All of those strengths have allowed his game to play up, and outweighed an average physical profile for his position. Considering the apparent fit between player and program, the adjustment at UConn is expected to be smooth, giving McNeeley a shot to be a lottery pick. -- Woo

Reaction Score
I think these mock drafts are going to be pretty interesting to follow throughout the year outside of Flagg and Bailey. Those 2 guys just have physical traits that make it hard to imagine them outside the top 3. I've seen mocks with Harper pretty much anywhere between 1-10. Nolan Traore seems to be trending upwards since the FIBA U18 tournament and some people have even been putting him above Harper.

I'm pretty surprised I've seen McNeely as low as mid-20's in some mocks just considering how valuable his skillset is in the NBA, but I think he'll have plenty of opportunity to improve on that
100%. Based on what I’m seeing Edgecombe could be in that can’t miss group. Otherwise it looks like the majority the others have a pretty wild delta and are gonna have to show their value this season. It’s considered one of the deepest classes in awhile so will be fun to watch how the stock moves. That depth is why I question whether someone like Stew, who some considered a fringe first rounder, comes out this year. It feels like he’ll be better off with an extra year of development and waiting.

Reaction Score
I am so excited about this season. Ask yourself this question: how do you beat UConn? If you want to play quick, well we have incredible quickness and athletic guards and wings. A quick game would unleash Solo, Stewart, and Nowell particularly well. And Samson may not be DC in the low post, but good luck finding a Center who is as quick as he. You want to play us half court? Well, we have a bunch of long, athletic 6'7" to 6'8" wings that can jump through the ceiling (except for AK, but he is more than adequate defensively), and two 6'11" centers that will make it hard for you to get buckets. And in the half court, we have shown for 2 years running that we have the BEST offense in the nation. Oh you can also say "UConn is not as good as last year. They lost too many good players". Well, first they said the same thing two years ago, and we know how that played out. Second, I submit that offensively we got back more than we lost. I believe Liam will be the best offensive player UConn ever saw. In this offense, that kid will score 20 plus points a game without issue. And while we will miss Newton and Cam, Solo has a higher ceiling friends! And so does Nowell. And just imagine if Has improves from last year, as he improved from the year before??? At this point, if you are an opponent, you have to pray that we have a Creighton-away type of bad game to beat us. Because we are so deep, even injuries wont really help you. I am excited. This is going to be a fun year. Again.

Reaction Score
I’d argue this is the most eagerly anticipated UConn season in history of the program, as they have become as decorated as ever, with a coach coming off a UK/LAL reject tour. Calhouns teams always reset after an NC and it felt like a 2-3 year rebuild after the winning player exodus. DH has now shown to have a system that feels leapyears above the field. So many narratives:

Can AK step up?
Who makes the leap?
How much of the winning was Donovan?
Can they make history?
How good is Liam?
How do the transfers contribute?
Who works into a first rounder?
Can we smack some sense into the Blue Blood doubters?

And more!!

This all in the year of Cooper Flagg. Would only be fitting if we faced him and the Dukies in the final. One can dream.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
I’d argue this is the most eagerly anticipated UConn season in history of the program, as they have become as decorated as ever, with a coach coming off a UK/LAL reject tour. Calhouns teams always reset after an NC and it felt like a 2-3 year rebuild after the winning player exodus. DH has now shown to have a system that feels leapyears above the field. So many narratives:

Can AK step up?
Who makes the leap?
How much of the winning was Donovan?
Can they make history?
How good is Liam?
How do the transfers contribute?
Who works into a first rounder?
Can we smack some sense into the Blue Blood doubters?

And more!!

This all in the year of Cooper Flagg. Would only be fitting if we faced him and the Dukies in the final. One can dream.
I could reasonably enjoy an Elite 8 or Final 4 matchup against Duke - Liam vs Cooper! But I am still glowing from seeing Duke lose to NC State in Dallas earlier this year!

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
The men's game won't be ignored this year like it has been by the national media these past couple of years. Can't expect to be as dominant as last year's team but this would be a good year to have a great team again.

We are so deep our practices can simulate great opponents. Cannot say the same of other programs. Also when DH and co gameplan for a given opponent they can create the optimal starting lineup for that matchup so we may see a lot of different looks with who we are playing against dictating some of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom