Men - UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Men UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting, Sears had 2 of his best starts of the season against Georgetown, a very good offensive team.

Reaction Score
Sears giving us 8 was unbelievably unexpected and huge. We have 18 innings to throw tomorrow. Obviously Penders can’t worry about the second game until we win the first, but if he doesn’t have to use them both in the first game, you start Sullivan and Ellison in whatever order and pray they can be decent.

My planned inning distribution would be:

Sullivan — 4
Ellison —4
Willis — 3
Afthim —2
Fogell —2

Unfortunately, that only adds up to 15. That means either Sully and/or Ellison can give us more or we’re deeper in the pen then we want to be for at least 3 innings. Nowak? Freeberger? The other Quigley? One of the three who threw yesterday mopping up innings? Scoring a boatload of runs in back to back games would surely help.

Reaction Score
Sears giving us 8 was unbelievably unexpected and huge. We have 18 innings to throw tomorrow. Obviously Penders can’t worry about the second game until we win the first, but if he doesn’t have to use them both in the first game, you start Sullivan and Ellison in whatever order and pray they can be decent.

Sullivan — 4
Ellison —4
Willis — 3
Afthim —2
Fogell —2

Unfortunately, that only adds up to 15. That means either Sully and/or Ellison can give us more or we’re deeper in the pen then we want to be for at least 3 innings. Nowak? Freeberger? The other Quigley? One of the three who threw yesterday mopping up innings? Scoring a boatload of runs in back to back games would surely help.
Ellison is expected to start. I think Quigley can give some innings. If UConn hits well tomorrow I think they can take 2.

Reaction Score

Sullivan — 4
Ellison —4
Willis — 3
Afthim —2
Fogell —2

Thinking Ellisen and Sulllivan will be starters tomorrow if UConn plays 2 games. In addition to Willis, Fogell and Afthim, the next guy out of the bullpen to me would most likely be Nowak. We will see what happens.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thinking Ellisen and Sulllivan will be starters tomorrow if UConn plays 2 games. In addition to Willis, Fogell and Afthim, the next guy out of the bullpen to me would most likely be Nowak. We will see what happens.
Wouldn't be shocked if Coe gave us an inning too.

Reaction Score
My choice would be Sullivan just because he has more experience than Ellison. If he struggles, then go to Ellison.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Garrett Coe threw 71 pitches on Wednesday. All depends on how his arm feels.
3rd day after pitching. Usually a throwing day?

Reaction Score
My choice would be Sullivan just because he has more experience than Ellison. If he struggles, then go to Ellison.
I agree. Successful playoff experience last year. And both this year have high BAA so that’s a wash imo.

Reaction Score
Absolutely ridiculous we can’t watch an 8th ranked UConn team in the BE finals in the year 2023 with thousands of channels available, It’s disgusting. Will follow on the radio I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom