UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Disappointed we didn't get another game out the Houston deal, but not too surprising.

To get a series going in TX I think we might have to look at Rice, North Texas, USTA, etc.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With the 2021 schedule now official (phew), I can't help but revisit the near term years ahead.

And in doing so, it seems to me that if we layer in the rumored annual series with UMass, we actually have complete 2022 schedule in hand and near complete 2023 schedule which would look something like this:

1) 08/27 - at Utah State
2) 09/03 - Central Connecticut
3) 09/10 - Syracuse
4) 09/17 - at Michigan
5) 09/24 - at NC State
6) 10/01 - Fresno State
7) 10/08 - at FIU
8) 10/15 - at Ball State
9) 10/29 - Boston College
10) 11/5 - UMass <--both UConn and UMass need a game and both have 10/22 and 11/5 as open dates.
11) 11/12 - Liberty
12) 11/19 - at Army

Btw - Virginia has an open date for an FBS school in 2022. UVA would be better than UMass. FAU, Coastal Carolina also have space.

1) 09/02 - Duke
2) 09/09 - at Georgia State
3) 09/16 - TBD road game - either pay day game (UCLA has an opening) or new H&H series (UCF has space!).
4) 09/23 - NC State
5) 09/30 - Utah State
6) 10/14 - FIU
7) 10/21 - at UMass <--Open date for UMass, UMass only needs one more game to complete their 2023 schedule
8) 10/28 - at Boston College
9) 11/04 - at Tennessee
10) 11/11 - at Liberty
11) 11/18 - TBD Home game - Kent State, Western Mich, Central Mich available
12) TBA - Lafayette - slide this game in to 10/7

2024 - not going to bother yet with sketching out the holes - Rutty, BYU, Rice, etc have slots.
08/31 - at Maryland
09/07 - Army
09/14 - at Duke
09/28 - Buffalo
10/05 - Temple
11/02 - Georgia State

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I chatted with someone that would know this morning and don’t expect to see a game between UConn and NMSU in the near future.

Reaction Score
I chatted with someone that would know this morning and don’t expect to see a game between UConn and NMSU in the near future.
This makes me sad.

Reaction Score
Houston motivated to accept $150K game contract to fly to CT, or 47% less than Yale ($285K) for the Elis’ 40 min bus ride up I-91.

Reaction Score
Randy better not win less than 5 games...

Would be nice to get our all time record to .500.

Reaction Score
And in doing so, it seems to me that if we layer in the rumored annual series with UMass, we actually have complete 2022 schedule in hand and near complete 2023 schedule which would look something like this:

1) 08/27 - at Utah State
2) 09/03 - Central Connecticut
3) 09/10 - Syracuse
4) 09/17 - at Michigan
5) 09/24 - at NC State
6) 10/01 - Fresno State
7) 10/08 - at FIU
8) 10/15 - at Ball State
9) 10/29 - Boston College
10) 11/5 - OPEN (currently)
11) 11/12 - Liberty
12) 11/19 - at Army

Besides Umass, here's a 2022 move that swaps in nicely with the Edsall tweet below since BYU and Uconn are both short 1 game for 2022 and Liberty's website says they are playing both BYU + Uconn in 2022.
Uconn hosts BYU instead of Liberty - on 11/12 (a BYU open date)
Uconn hosts Liberty on 10/22 instead (a Uconn open date)
BYU travels to Liberty on 10/29 ( both teams have open) instead of 10/22 (currently scheduled according to Liberty Future Schedules)

BTW - Uconn does not list the 2022 Liberty game (yet) on their latest schedule release which list future games: UConn Football Finalizes 2021 Schedule

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Besides Umass, here's a 2022 move that swaps in nicely with the Edsall tweet below since BYU and Uconn are both short 1 game for 2022 and Liberty's website says they are playing both BYU + Uconn in 2022.
BYU travels to Liberty on 10/29 ( both teams have open) instead of 10/22 (currently scheduled according to Liberty Future Schedules)

BTW - Uconn does not list the 2022 Liberty game (yet) on their latest schedule release which list future games: UConn Football Finalizes 2021 Schedule

Good stuff. Definitely could see your BYU-Liberty-UConn switch up happen.

Reaction Score

Get it done.
This would be a great addition to 2022.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Poof - that opportunity to travel to LA to play the powder blues in 2023 is no more.

Reaction Score
Maybe it'd be a good idea for us to jump on the HBCU bandwagon as well??? It'd be good for the African American/Black students on campus... Similar to the Harvard/Howard home at home series.. It won't be just for the players to come up to Storrs, but also creating connections outside of football (i.e. black fraternities/sororities student reps from chapters from each school... or other opportunities, like further educations both ways, etc...)

I think it'd be a win win situation... by then one would think the Pandemic would be held in check for the most part...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe it'd be a good idea for us to jump on the HBCU bandwagon as well??? It'd be good for the African American/Black students on campus... Similar to the Harvard/Howard home at home series.. It won't be just for the players to come up to Storrs, but also creating connections outside of football (i.e. black fraternities/sororities student reps from chapters from each school... or other opportunities, like further educations both ways, etc...)

I think it'd be a win win situation... by then one would think the Pandemic would be held in check for the most part...
To meet fill our annual FCS slot? Yeah, sure that would be good and certainly could see that happening sooner rather than later.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Next time the school announces a new future football game I will start a new scheduling thread. In the mean time I will just jot down some goals I hope we can meet over the next 5 to 7 years from a scheduling perspective.

B1G games:
We have a H&H with Purdue and Maryland.
We have road games with Ohio State and Michigan.
Realistic Targets:
Would like to get a H&H with Northwestern and Rutty.
Wouldn't mind getting either Illinois or Indiana to do another H&H series. Covid ruined the recent H&H.
Would be willing to play Penn State in Happy Valley.
Don't think the balance of the schools have any interest playing us, but of course I wouldnt turn any of them down.

ACC games:
We have H&Hs scheduled with NC State, Duke, UNC, BC and Syracuse.

Realistic Targets:
Need to get a H&H scheduled with Pitt and UVA ASAP.
Would be willing to play FSU or Miami, dont think that will happen however.
Hopefully we already have BC and Syracuse penciled in for more games as well.

SEC games:
We have a pay day game with Vandy and Tennessee.

Realistic Targets:
Other than Vandy or really any random pay day game (South Carolina?) I don't think we have any realistic targets in the SEC. Maybe you can get Missouri to do a H&H again...maybe.

B12 games:
None scheduled. Yikes.

Realistic Targets:
Tough to schedule with the B12 because they only play 3 OOC games. Hopefully we can get something on the schedule with Baylor by maybe combining it with BB. Kansas seems to be bold with their OOC scheduling, so I would try them for a H&H. Iowa State or WV would be fine, but don't have my hopes up. Would we take a payday game against Texas or Oklahoma? I dont think so unless we are completely striking out trying to set up other P5 action.

PAC12 games:
None scheduled.

Realistic Targets:
USC and UCLA have shown to not be too picky about their payday scheduling. Maybe we should sign up for one, rather do this game than Texas or Oklahoma. Everyone wants to play Colorado, their OOC is rather full. I would love to get a H&H with Stanford. UCLA has come east for road games in recent years. Otherwise, the balance of the schools seem to keep their OOC scheduling with a local tilt.

Other non P5 teams to target:
For TX, I really want us to play an H&H with Rice or North Texas. I would take Houston or SMU, but I doubt they will go for it. Might have to settle for Texas State or USTA.

For East Coast Recruiting Areas: We have a four game series booked with FIU and Temple which is a good start. I hope we can get a H&H with UCF going. USF would be great but their OOC schedule is rather full, FAU, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina (schedule rather open), Old Dominion and Charlotte would be other targets.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It'd be nice to incorporate another MAC school somewhere along the line.
Absolutely. I think we will be playing 1 MAC school every year. We already have Bufffalo booked for our a four game series and Ball St for two. I decided to not write about the MAC because I don't think we need any particular strategy there, just play whomever along with Buffalo.

Also, with the MWC, CUSA and SunBelt, I think you just play H&H's with whomever will have us - no particular strategy, just spread them out to balance the travel.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Army and Navy are priorities from what I had heard. The other Power 5 big boys are payday games. Texas, Florida and maybe Cali for recruiting purposes.
Think we can get in with Navy? Their OOC has no room because of Army, and ND games.

And I didn't write about Army (or BYU or UMass) because I figure those will happen regularly as the core of our scheduling. Well, not BYU yet, but Army already is booked as a regular and UMass & UConn have said we will be regulars.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. I think we will be playing 1 MAC school every year. We already have Bufffalo booked for our a four game series and Ball St for two. I decided to not write about the MAC because I don't think we need any particular strategy there, just play whomever along with Buffalo.

Also, with the MWC, CUSA and SunBelt, I think you just play H&H's with whomever will have us - no particular strategy, just spread them out to balance the travel.
Good stuff here brother. This should be the platform to use... I also think it would benefit the state of CT by playing all FCS schools in the area at some point. We've got Yale & CCSU on the schedule. Sacred Heart looks like a team that needs to be put on the list.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Think we can get in with Navy? Their OOC has no room because of Army, and ND games.

And I didn't write about Army (or BYU or UMass) because I figure those will happen regularly as the core of our scheduling. Well, not BYU yet, but Army already is booked as a regular and UMass & UConn have said we will be regulars.
I know UConn wants Navy, I am not sure it is reciprocated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom