UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card? | The Boneyard

UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Schedule below still at 10 games which is two short. When are we rounding out this schedule? I'm bored.

Btw, the UConn website doesn't show Holy Cross (that 9/2 date doesnt work, too close to the 8/28 game in CA) or the Wyoming game.

Saturday
Aug. 28
at Fresno State BulldogsBulldog Stadium, Fresno, CATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 2
Holy Cross CrusadersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 11
Purdue BoilermakersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 18
at Army Black KnightsMichie Stadium, West Point, NYTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 25
Wyoming CowboysRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 2
at Vanderbilt CommodoresVanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 9
at UMass MinutemenMcGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 23
Middle Tennessee Blue RaidersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 13
at Clemson TigersMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 20
at UCF KnightsBounce House, Orlando, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There have always been rumors about games in TX. You figure with our recruiting there we just have to make that happen.

Three ideas:

1) One idea would be to break up the Liberty/North Texas game on 10/23. Instead we would travel to North Texas and Liberty would come here figuring the Liberty game is in November and the road games to TX in October. Why North Texas/Liberty? Because Liberty has a fellow independent is going to be helpful.

2) Breakup BYU at Baylor on 10/23. BYU has a brutal 2021 schedule with seven P5 dates: Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, Baylor, Washington St, Virginia and USC.
3) Third idea - break up BYU at Georgia Southern. This gets us in GA and I figure neither program would really care if this match up was delayed to another year. Of course this means we dont find a way to Texas in 2021.

Any of these would give us the 12 games assuming we plug Holy Cross or any which FCS squad into whatever remaining date we have to offer.

Reaction Score
The school has announced we will not be playing in 2021. Instead, the team will continue to focus on lifting, practicing, and being good citizens. Said Edsall, “We believe we should not be playing games until we are ready to Compete against Clemson and Bama week in and out, period.”

As an aside, the school announced Edsall’s contract was redone to add bonuses based on number of practices and lifting sessions held. We felt paying him low 7 figures to not play while chasing the players out underestimated his value to our flagship program added Benedict.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hungry for more scheduling info, maybe I will start checking these UConn BOT agenda packages. Next one for the October 28th meeting wont drop for a few weeks.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
NMSU still could play another game in 2021 because of the @ Hawaii game they have on their schedule. I'm really curious why we haven't inked a longer term series with them, they're Independent and very beatable (possibly worse than UConn?). I know they aren't in a primary recruiting area but.. eventually we need to win some football games.

Edit- Hawaii and NMSU are playing 2 times next year, once in Honolulu and once in Las Cruces. We should 100% break up one of those games and play both NMSU and Hawaii. Series with the Rainbow Warriors would be incredible. And Hawaii recently completed a home and home series with both UMass and Army so they're willing to travel East.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Between the Texas rumors and this announcement for BYU to play BB this December at the Sun, I'm still thinking something is afoot with some combination of Baylor, BYU, USF for football scheduling.

And btw, TCU as usual has not publicly filled many of there out of conf dates in the years including 2021 - so maybe a 1 and 1 is possible there as well.

And btw #2, We already have a game with Vandy, visiting them in 2021... so I dont think them getting a seat at this table can be surprise...

Does this mean USC could be on our football schedule? They have open dates beginning in 2024.

Reaction Score
Between the Texas rumors and this announcement for BYU to play BB this December at the Sun, I'm still thinking something is afoot with some combination of Baylor, BYU, USF for football scheduling.

And btw, TCU as usual has not publicly filled many of there out of conf dates in the years including 2021 - so maybe a 1 and 1 is possible there as well.

And btw #2, We already have a game with Vandy, visiting them in 2021... so I dont think them getting a seat at this table can be surprise...

Does this mean USC could be on our football schedule? They have open dates beginning in 2024.

TCU's one opening in 2021 will be an FCS game which will be the case for at least as long as Patterson is the coach as he wants to play an FCS opponent every year and at least for now he gets what he wants. As for 2022-23 that will be SMU. Beyond that who knows but I'd wager a few bucks on the continuation of the FCS/SMU model.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
TCU's one opening in 2021 will be an FCS game which will be the case for at least as long as Patterson is the coach as he wants to play an FCS opponent every year and at least for now he gets what he wants. As for 2022-23 that will be SMU. Beyond that who knows but I'd wager a few bucks on the continuation of the FCS/SMU model.
Forgot about SMU.

Reaction Score
True, don't know if he was talking next year (they still need at least 2 more home games besides either a Holy Cross date switch/ or other team for the FCS game, to get to 6 @ the Rent for 2021) but Matt did mention this awhile back:

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
True, don't know if he was talking next year (they still need at least 2 more home games besides either a Holy Cross date switch/ or other team for the FCS game, to get to 6 @ the Rent for 2021) but Matt did mention this awhile back:

Yep, as a fellow independent with a name brand you would think we would cooperate and make some games happen. Still think breaking up a game in the 2021 BYU schedule might be part of the path to fill the 2021 schedule hole or to help us get better balance in some of the years ahead where we have more home /away split issues.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
On the podcast I think its worth noting that when Randy talks scheduling around the 14 min mark he mentions scheduling Rutgers, Pitt, among others which aren't yet officially on our schedule.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also, no goodies in the published UConn BOT agenda for this week.

Reaction Score
As long as Bob D shows up to present the trophy on Nov. 20th for the Civil War it will be a complete season. War?, I meant conflict.

Reaction Score
At least the way it looks now, I'm glad we finish with a couple of weaklings. All we need is 4 wins, then wrap up a bowl invite with Clemson and UCF.

Reaction Score
As long as Bob D shows up to present the trophy on Nov. 20th for the Civil War it will be a complete season. War?, I meant conflict.

Pirdue is playing Iowa on Nov. 20th.

Reaction Score
Schedule below still at 10 games which is two short. When are we rounding out this schedule? I'm bored.

Btw, the UConn website doesn't show Holy Cross (that 9/2 date doesnt work, too close to the 8/28 game in CA) or the Wyoming game.

Saturday
Aug. 28
at Fresno State BulldogsBulldog Stadium, Fresno, CATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 2
Holy Cross CrusadersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 11
Purdue BoilermakersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 18
at Army Black KnightsMichie Stadium, West Point, NYTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 25
Wyoming CowboysRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 2
at Vanderbilt CommodoresVanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 9
at UMass MinutemenMcGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 23
Middle Tennessee Blue RaidersRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 13
at Clemson TigersMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 20
at UCF KnightsBounce House, Orlando, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets

With the Yale announcement looks like Uconn is up to 11 games for 2021, but Uconn still can't get their own information right. They did add the Wyoming game to their site. But in the press release they now list the Holy Cross game on Sat Sept 4th (labor day week-end at home), which they never do at the Rent.

UConn( press release) Adds Future Contests Against Yale and FIU

Then on the Uconn drop down menu schedule the say the Holy Cross game will be earlier (pre holiday week-end with a 5 day turn around from Cali) on Thursday Sept. 2. But it still leaves only 5 home games and 11 total with the first of 2 bye weeks in a row off before the Clemson game. I'll be interesting to see what they do to finish up the 2021 season with currently only 2 games scheduled (@ CLEM, UCF) in the last 5 weeks of the CFB season, if they plan on getting up to 12.

Also noticed Uconn doesn't list the Nov 12, 2022 home game, that Liberty claims on their website..

Reaction Score
I must say we need to get somebody else on the home schedule. 2 FCS teams, Wyoming, Middle Tennessee, Purdue. I‘m all for scheduling to succeed but it can go a little too far...

Reaction Score
I must say we need to get somebody else on the home schedule. 2 FCS teams, Wyoming, Middle Tennessee, Purdue. I‘m all for scheduling to succeed but it can go a little too far...

Unannounced Homecoming Game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom