UConn’s domination of the BEast FOW continues | The Boneyard

UConn’s domination of the BEast FOW continues

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ashlynn is Freshman of the Week - again. Paige is Honorable Mention.

Reaction Score
And we will continue to dom[nate the rest of the year. This freshman class is one of the best that Uconn has had in years and all their accolades are seriously earned.Uconn has been blessed this year with these young ladies and IF( and it's a BIG IF ) we should win the NC, this group will be talked about for YEARS and well earned ! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
And we will continue to dom[nate the rest of the year. This freshman class is one of the best that Uconn has had in years and all their accolades are seriously earned.Uconn has been blessed this year with these young ladies and IF( and it's a BIG IF ) we should win the NC, this group will be talked about for YEARS and well earned ! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Whoa there speedy! We've been down this road before in recent years where we kind of get ahead of ourselves and anoint the team as Queens of WBB, only to get slapped back to earth with an unexpected loss. Let's just take it one game at a time and see how it plays out. We should be especially cautious against ND and SC, who have speedy guards (like NC State, UCLA and Texas) and size in the middle. In any case, let's enjoy this team and the impact our freshmen are making...boy, are they good and confident!!

Reaction Score
Whoa there speedy! We've been down this road before in recent years where we kind of get ahead of ourselves and anoint the team as Queens of WBB, only to get slapped back to earth with an unexpected loss. Let's just take it one game at a time and see how it plays out. We should be especially cautious against ND and SC, who have speedy guards (like NC State, UCLA and Texas) and size in the middle. In any case, let's enjoy this team and the impact our freshmen are making...boy, are they good and confident!!
Remember I said "IF" and until it can't happen, the IF stands. There is nothing wrong with a little fantasizing and it hurts no-one. I have posted many times before that anything is possible and that is my opinion. The anticipation of the possibility is the key. It is a feel good thought that makes you feel good. I rest my case. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score

Your post reads like Paige was HM for Freshman of the Week, when she was HM for Player of the Week. Sorry, nitty, maybe, but just pointing out how your post may confuse some.

Reaction Score

Paige not named player of the week is a joke. The stats alone show how far and above the others she is let alone the leadership.

Reaction Score
She's awesome.
Paige is more than " UNIQUE"!!
Please reread my post. I said ONE of the best freshmen class in years. I know that Uconn has has many great freshmen classes before, but this is one of the best. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Let's just say that our current freshmen are getting the job done! With more to come!

Reaction Score
Jana is part of this freshman class with KK, Q, and Ash
I will remember in the future to add JANA to the "FAB FOUR".. if even just for the future
potential of this remarkable class.

Reaction Score
Jana is part of this freshman class with KK, Q, and Ash
Agreed, with no argument. I have posted many times that Jana would be a starter from very early in the season and would be fantastic. Just recently I posted that when Jana comes back next year, she will be a force on offense and defense that will surprise many posters. A successful recovery and a fantastic career for the next 4 years at Uconn. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
Paige is more than " UNIQUE"!!

Let's just say that our current freshmen are getting the job done! With more to come!
True, but I was talking about Shade ;) Although I still she's slowly falling into that category too!

Reaction Score
My apologies if this question has been asked before, but is a redshirt freshman (such as Ice this year or Jana next year) eligible for FOW, or is that award (and FOY) reserved for "true" freshmen? And is that the case only for the Big East or is it so for all of Division 1?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
My apologies if this question has been asked before, but is a redshirt freshman (such as Ice this year or Jana next year) eligible for FOW, or is that award (and FOY) reserved for "true" freshmen? And is that the case only for the Big East or is it so for all of Division 1?
Can't say tht I know exact rule but I don't think redshirt freshman can't be considered for F.O.W because technically they are sophomores having taking classes, practicing and sitting on the bench with the team while in uniform, and other criteria of a first year student athlete. I don't know if there's rule tht a person can only play in a certain amount of games b4 they can be declared a redshirt ...any answers from the Big Brains on the board?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hard to pick between Ash and KK. They are both dynamic players that have taken the BE by storm.

Very happy that they are UConn Huskies!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sorry, but the poster said “one of the best”! I completely agree that this is one of the best classes in some time. How is that even debatable? You have two starters, solid starters! You have a potential replacement for Aubrey and a 6’5” big who many believe would also be starting if she were healthy! This is a very good class and to question or deny that seems inexplicable! Next12 never said a word about it being better than Paige, AA, & Nika!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can't say tht I know exact rule but I don't think redshirt freshman can't be considered for F.O.W because technically they are sophomores having taking classes, practicing and sitting on the bench with the team while in uniform, and other criteria of a first year student athlete. I don't know if there's rule tht a person can only play in a certain amount of games b4 they can be declared a redshirt ...any answers from the Big Brains on the board?

I think redshirt freshmen can be considered for BE FOW/FOY, though I am not certain. In terms of annual awards, I think the BE and other conferences have Newcomer of the Year. That would be for transfers. If redshirt frosh are not eligible for FOY, they should be eligible fo NOY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom