UCLA vs Texas - 3/23/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCLA vs Texas - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Hope C. Collier didn’t buy tix for the FF, chances she won’t see it for the next 4 years, but she had her chance.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know Canada’s great, but I only got to see the last 7 minutes and she got away, as did the team, with the worst 2 minute left clock management. She attacked 3 times with a load of time on the clock, missed one and made a circus shot on the next that the announcers said was Sports Center worthy except they never mentioned what a bad basketball play it was. Did her coach ever think of suggesting they play smart. All’s well that ends well.

Reaction Score
I know Canada’s great, but I only got to see the last 7 minutes and she got away, as did the team, with the worst 2 minute left clock management. She attacked 3 times with a load of time on the clock, missed one and made a circus shot on the next that the announcers said was Sports Center worthy except they never mentioned what a bad basketball play it was. Did her coach ever think of suggesting they play smart. All’s well that ends well.

LOL, there was one fast break situation in the last few minutes where she had a choice between 1. turning back around and choosing to slow the game down, 2. Making an easy pass to a massively wide open player on the 3 point sideline, or 3. Attempting a defended circus shot. She chose option 3, of course, and missed. Then Texas made a 3 at the other end on the next possession.

Texas wasn't quite good enough today to really make UCLA pay for those kinds of mistakes.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
LOL, there was one fast break situation in the last few minutes where she had a choice between 1. turning back around and choosing to slow the game down, 2. Making an easy pass to a massively wide open player on the 3 point sideline, or 3. Attempting a defended circus shot. She chose option 3, of course, and missed. Then Texas made a 3 at the other end on the next possession.

Texas wasn't quite good enough today to really make UCLA pay for those kinds of mistakes.

I know a team who can...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Now I hope that UCLA and Oregon State can both win their next game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is a really big win for UCLA as a program, getting over the Sweet 16 hump. Two years ago they lost a nailbiter in this round to Texas, and last year they put in a respectable but losing showing against UConn.

Mississippi State will be a big ask for them, though. A lot of things will have to go UCLA's way for them to even have a chance in that game.

Reaction Score
UCLA's defense was the difference tonight vs Texas. I don't know what was the final turnover count for Texas, and how many points UCLA got from those many Texas turnovers, but it was a bunch! UCLA has some great athletic players, the most athletic in the PAC12. UCLA also has great senior leadership. UCLA is on a mission. There is no doubt, MSU is in for a tough game Sunday. On a side note, I want to thank UCLA for preparing Oregon State for this tournament run.

Reaction Score
Is it me or is this game really hard to watch?! I know both teams like to push the ball and score quickly but this is crappy bball
I enjoyed the game but I know what you mean. Longhorns make most games look crappy. Way to go Pac 12!!!

Reaction Score
This is a really big win for UCLA as a program, getting over the Sweet 16 hump. Two years ago they lost a nailbiter in this round to Texas, and last year they put in a respectable but losing showing against UConn.

Mississippi State will be a big ask for them, though. A lot of things will have to go UCLA's way for them to even have a chance in that game.
Goood knowledge! PAC 12 has a wild chance for 3 teams in final 4!!!

Reaction Score
Canada is great but she did similar in the closing minutes vs Oregon in loss in PAC 12 tourney. She yucked it up bad in final minutes. However she did everything you could do in final reg season game vs Oregon including what would have been the winning dime in closing seconds to Drummer but Drummer missed the bunny. Oregon won in OT. She has been terrific to watch in her final 3 years though. Big big win tonight!!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Gotta figure out how to limit McCowan's production, especially on the O boards. UW failed miserably at that in the Tourney last year, as did UO in OOC this season. There are some really good post players in the Pac 12, but nobody w/ the size and physicality of McCowan.

Reaction Score
UCLA's defense was the difference tonight vs Texas. I don't know what was the final turnover count for Texas, and how many points UCLA got from those many Texas turnovers, but it was a bunch! UCLA has some great athletic players, the most athletic in the PAC12. UCLA also has great senior leadership. UCLA is on a mission. There is no doubt, MSU is in for a tough game Sunday. On a side note, I want to thank UCLA for preparing Oregon State for this tournament run.
Canada had an awesome backcourt steal that she converted into a layup. Tremendous defensive player when she’s dialed in. Tremendous.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This game is available for download on Youtube here,

Reaction Score
Joyner Holmes is a bundle of potential. She's got a combination of size and speed one doesn't often see on the women's side. Almost Lebron-like in that way. She is not yet Lebron-like in her skillset, though. And she probably has room to get in better shape (and imagine how athletic she'd be, then - sheesh).
She let her teammates down. Holmes potential went unrealized this year by being suspended and out of shape. She cost Texas by missing point blank put backs verse UCLA. Same thing she did verse Baylor. If she got her act together and put the work in and not been suspended Texas would have beaten Baylor this year instead of losing three times. Once due to her suspension and the other two times she wasn't close to her best.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom